Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bert
Regular

May 2003
ae86 master cylinder Tue, 06 July 2004 10:02 Go to next message
has anyone fitted a larger master cyliner to the stock brake booster. i am fitting 4 piston callipers to my 86 and am worried bout pedal travel because of the amount of fluid the callipers will use...
not sure if this will happen but a good pedal feel would be nice when flying up and down winding mountains Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
Bert
Regular

May 2003
Re: ae86 master cylinder Tue, 06 July 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: ae86 master cylinder Tue, 06 July 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bit harder to find, but
http://toymods.org.au/Repository/TechDocs/ae86brak es.pdf
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: ae86 master cylinder Tue, 06 July 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twin masters?
Bert
Regular

May 2003
Re: ae86 master cylinder Tue, 06 July 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twin masters....would be a good setup and look sweet. i suppose then i would get sucked into setting up a system to control front and rear brake bias. very cool!
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: ae86 master cylinder Tue, 06 July 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mitsubishi starion fit with a tiny bit of pipe bending. theyre 15/16th inch. Goodluck finding one though

Brad
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ae86 master cylinder Wed, 07 July 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use a 15/16th one out of some Corona. Just had to redrill the mounting holes to bolt it to the booster. Heard the Starion ones are good too. But go brand new. Not worth fitting a 20yr old unit thats got rust in the bores already.

If you take your stock AE86 master down to a good brake joint they should be able to measure up the crucial dimensions and recommend a bigger master, or check that the one you've chosen will work.

Hen
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: ae86 master cylinder Thu, 08 July 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
USE A STARION MC!!! they bolt straight up, the rear pipe bolts up you just need to make a front one, will cost you like $5 or do as i did and make it yourself. no need to redrill anything and it will give you a nice firm pedal. dual M/C's as far as i know are illegal for street use.

and they arent hard to find at all, i paid $150 second hand from a mitsu wrecker in greenachre and they had heaps of them. you can get them new for under $300 anyway.
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
Re: ae86 master cylinder Thu, 08 July 2004 09:23 Go to previous message
Nissan Urvan bolts on but I havn't checked how everything else lines up ,but should be no probs.15/16th's as well and remote resivoires as well if you need clearence for any thing but mid 80's Pulsar res. fits on masterno prob .
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18rg cylinder head airflow what cfm can it flow does anyone know
Next Topic:manifolds on 5m's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 23:30:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047249794006348 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.