Toymods » General Car Talk » Hi Guys, Im your newest member

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Blade83
Occasional Poster

July 2004
icon10.gif  Hi Guys, Im your newest member Thu, 15 July 2004 20:52 Go to next message
Hi Guys/gals,

I have recently been refered here by some friends, As I seem to be infatuated with the AE86, I just can't seem to shake its charm, character and potential from my thoughts (although the girlfriend isn't too happy about this Razz )

So Im here to learn as much as I can about the car, and its reliability, quirks and performance, as well as looking for information to buy one as a good 2nd car, and (perhaps) part time racer (drift of course Razz )

This is my current car, its a September 1994 MK4 6spd Supra TT, its fairly stock as I only got it one week ago, but it has a sport clutch and cat-back, HKS BOV/hard pipe, apexi turbo timer and ARC titanium hood panel, Its currently having $14K's worth of Alpine's newest F#1 gear installed, which is my first stereo system ever, so Im pretty excited to hear it Very Happy

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/blade83456/07030001.JPG

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/blade83456/07030006.JPG
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Thu, 15 July 2004 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will buy a sprinter and swap you for your MK4! How does that sound?

You are crazy, going from Toyota's best GT car to a 20 something year old corolla!!!!!

Welcome, by the way Smile
Blade83
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Thu, 15 July 2004 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahah Thanks for the offer, but I must respectfully decline Razz

I dont plan on trading the Supra for an 86, but I really want one as a 2nd car, to be the daily driver, and the "Drift/project" type car, 20 years old or not, I still like them Very Happy

Thanks for the welcome Very Happy
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Thu, 15 July 2004 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcome to the forums

NIce ride by the way very clean inside and out.
Blade83
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Fri, 16 July 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Very Happy, I did have a Z32 300zx TT, but when I saw the condition of that Supra I had to have it Razz

Looks like you have a nice ride yourself,
thankyou for the welcome Cool Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Fri, 16 July 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate.. welcome to the forums.. nice supra ya have there
what is it with all the 86 lovers lol
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Fri, 16 July 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate.. welcome to the forums.. nice supra ya have there
what is it with all the 86 lovers lol
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Fri, 16 July 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and another welcome from me Very Happy

sweet ride even though i am not much of a supra fan myself... looks very nice. what did you do with the 300?

as for daqily driver i wouldnt do it cause your gonna get it, want to work it and it will turn from daily driver to project and go off the road... well thats what happened with me on all the TA22s i had Laughing

but if you can hold yourself then go ahead, just make sure it is good. yeah you dont care that its 20yrs old but the body, motor and current owner does and therefore make sure you buy something in decent condition

thats my opinion... ocne again welcome
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Fri, 16 July 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah nice work mate. Good ta see a new member with a sweet new car Very Happy . Enjoy the forums, i do.
Blade83
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Fri, 16 July 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank-you everyone, I never expected such a warm welcome Very Happy As I said I dont know whats so appealing about the ol 86, it just is.

Ive had a couple of years now into the big dollar projects, I sunk $30K into my 300zx, and Ive already spent $20K on top of buying the Supra in the first week, what I want is a down to earth project, something cheaper that I can get my hands on, learn the mechanical side for myself and do things for myself, as everything with the Supra is taken care of by professionals, one mistake can cost 10's of thousands.

A project is what Im after, Im looking forward to it Very Happy Very Happy

The 300 was sold to IVS the place I bought it, and the place I bought the supra, I always deal through the same guy for all my cars Smile

Thanks again guys Very Happy
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Fri, 16 July 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcome dude..

love the supra, tt 6spd the best Very Happy

u know with the 14k that u plan to spend on audio gear, u could have ur race sprinter Smile but it looks like money isnt a problem for u

do u mind me asking what you do for a living?
Blade83
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Fri, 16 July 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I wouldent have anything but a manual car, I couldent believe my luck with this one Very Happy

Heheh no I dont mind, Im lucky enough not to have to worry (too much) about money, Im no millionaire, just my girl and I are on exceptionally high wages, she is 20 and is a stripper, and Im 21 and a concert pianiast, Good mix huh? Razz Laughing

Although I could go out tommorow and dump the money for an immaculate trueno/levin/sprinter, its not my intention, that takes all the fun out of the car, when I buy my cars I make sure they are as absolutly close to stock as possible, even if a car has mods I will replace them with what I wanted.
With this project the idea is to get one in Reasonable condition, and go from there, the fun in this one, will be doing everything myself Very Happy With the help of this board of course Cool
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Fri, 16 July 2004 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey you post on ozhonda.com too right? welcome aboard
Blade83
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Fri, 16 July 2004 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heheh yeah man, I post on Ozhonda occasionally, The original plan was to buy a 92/3 NSX, but after much consideration the girl and I have decided to move to Japan Mid next year, so we can import a new NSX-R, I have to own and drive it there for a year before it can come here, so Im going to have a nice time in Japan, luckily the girl and I have "Pick up and move anywhere" type jobs Very Happy Cool

Im so looking forward to it, we are staying in the middle of Tokyo in a designer apartment building, It is going to cost $1350 AUD per week Shocked
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Sat, 17 July 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How does a concert penis meet a stripper... Are there really cool band camps that I should know about?

Hmmm... I can play chopsticks on the piano. I'm in. Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Sat, 17 July 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Sat, 17 July 2004 10:31

How does a concert penis meet a stripper... Are there really cool band camps that I should know about?

Hmmm... I can play chopsticks on the piano. I'm in. Razz

shit, lets sign you up... cant let that talent go to waste Razz
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Sat, 17 July 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nod I'll wait by the mailbox for the application form.
Blade83
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Sat, 17 July 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahah well we met long before she was a stripper, she was 16 and I was 17, She (of course) diddent start dancing until 2 weeks after her 18th birthday, I diddent meet her in a club or anything Razz Laughing

As for band camp? Well this one time, at band camp, there were these 2 swingers, one was a pianiast the other a stripper, and they like, fuck everybody in sight Smile True story Btw

As for application forms, you might be waiting a little while, they are err... being printed up Laughing
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Sat, 17 July 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Welcome dude, very nice and clean car you have there Very Happy

21 and not worried about money...damn i wanna play piano now Razz
My bro plays concerts down here in NSW, great money Razz
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Sun, 18 July 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I feel so poor. Sad

Welcome Blade83, and may I suggest you get a new front bar for that JZA80. The stock ones are a bit boring.
Blade83
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Sun, 18 July 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hhehe Yeah its a little booring, but not that bad in person, I Plan on changing it to either a Do-Luck or the Abflug s900 widebody, I havent decided yet Smile

As always power is my primary concern, usually for me when it comes to cosmetics its: "if it ain't broken, dont fix it" Razz although I do plan to have some fun with looks too Smile

Its booked in to have the Motec M600 installed, and I have an Apexi GT spec exhaust system on the way from Japan, as well as a set of Volk 'SF' winning Very Happy

Dont feel poor, money is only plastic, Remember the best things in life are free Very Happy Cool

[Updated on: Sun, 18 July 2004 05:25]

Blade83
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Mon, 19 July 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1st stage of the audio system complete, Unfortunatly the shop is booked out until Auto salon, so I have to wait to get the rest installed Sad

Its the Alpine FantomFace XL cda-7998R, bloody nice unit, and looks cool when motoring out Laughing Razz

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/blade83456/07160007.JPG

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/blade83456/resize5.JPG

[Updated on: Mon, 19 July 2004 03:32]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Mon, 19 July 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spoiler button. ARGH

EXPLAIN MORE. Confused
Blade83
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Mon, 19 July 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heheh, Its a supra thing, They have a front active spoiler, so you can either turn it on (it pops down automatically from the front) or you can leave it on auto, in which case it automatically comes down when the speed reaches over 90 KPH Smile

Supposed to aid aero stability and create frontal downforce at high speed, Its a stock item not after market Smile The slip cont, next to it is Traction control, its pretty dangerous though, it basically kills all power, so you can be sliding sideways before it kicks in, then when you are correcting it will suddenly go off, giving you full power at some funny angles, most turn it off Razz
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Mon, 19 July 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't realise these Supras came with motorised spoilers. I saw one of these on a '87 2 door GTS Skyline and thought it looked awesome. Lucky you. Very Happy
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Mon, 19 July 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn thats a nice unit...wish i could afford it Razz
Blade83
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Mon, 19 July 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh Ive never seen it on a skyline before, you learn something new everyday Very Happy

Thanks, its a nice headunit has loads of options, however its not without its flaws too, Biggest omission is the Lack of WMA support, also it has no internal power source, so an Amp is a must to use it Confused
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Mon, 19 July 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're spending that much on a head unit you'd be crazy to run anything but external amps.

It's actually a benefit to do so as there's more housing volume to dedicate to the more critical CD mechanisms and so on.
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Mon, 19 July 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any more pics,maybe of the g/f at work Laughing Laughing anyway dude nice car
Blade83
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Mon, 19 July 2004 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehhe actually the Fantomface isn't self powered (I.e no internal amp) so it has to use an external amp, because Im spending so much, the Place that installed it has given me lend of a new alpine amp, just a little V-power unit, The final Amp is the new MRV-F900, F#1 status amp, Ive been told its the best with Burr brown Dacs but Very pricey @ $6K, they are getting one into the country for me.

The girl, well I do have pics of her, but mabey they arent work safe Smile
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Tue, 20 July 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blade83 wrote on Tue, 20 July 2004 05:32

The girl, well I do have pics of her, but mabey they arent work safe Smile

Post away my friend! Very Happy

Thats a lot of money to be spending on a sound system! Do you realy need it to make your ears bleed? But I suppose each to their own.

If I remember the AB-Flung kit it looks kinda ugly imho. I would just go for something like this:

http://www.merlynshome.com/garage/supra/veilside/images/veilside_toyota_supra_black_03.jpg
[edit: on second thought, lets use this smaller image]

But you shouldn't, cuz that's my dream Supra. Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 20 July 2004 13:08]

Blade83
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Wed, 21 July 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is the Veilside kit, Its got a nice front (very Agressivly redesigned)and the skirts and rear are very nice too, although the wing is a little too much for my liking, rear vision is terrible, with that it would be worse.

The Do-luck kit is very conservative, I wouldent call it ugly as it is my favorite kit, but its no where near as flamboyant as that Veilside.

There are 2 Do-luck kits, This is the one Im going to get, I already have some new Volk 'SF' Winning on the way which were only just released by Volk, so it is going to apparantly take 3 months to get here Shocked Crying or Very Sad Ah well it will all be worth the wait Smile

http://www.takakaira.co.jp/aerokits/doluck/289_1.jpg
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Hi Guys, Im your newest member Wed, 21 July 2004 10:05 Go to previous message
LOVE IT!!! Nod Nod Nod
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HOT IMPORTS wanted to star TV commercial (Melbourne -AUS).
Next Topic:anyone notice this F#$%-UP
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 21:04:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061509609222412 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.