Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KE30_Coupe
Occasional Poster

July 2004
3K-C engine mods Sun, 18 July 2004 10:53 Go to next message
Can anyone give me a full list of engine mods to do to my 3K-c engine to give it more power at low speeds? e-mail me if you do lukeskywalker57@dodo.com.au
  Send a private message to this user    
1973_KE20
Regular

April 2004
Re: 3K-C engine mods Mon, 19 July 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about flipping the filter lid to increase airflow Very Happy
Kingswood
Regular

December 2003
Re: 3K-C engine mods Mon, 19 July 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could turn it into a 5k with a cam and a 32/36 webber.
Would go ok then, will increase the tourque compared to your 3k, but still being a small pushrod engine it'll still need a few revs to get it moving along

Cheers josh
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 3K-C engine mods Mon, 19 July 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE30_Coupe wrote on Sun, 18 July 2004 20:53

Can anyone give me a full list of engine mods to do to my 3K-c engine to give it more power at low speeds? e-mail me if you do lukeskywalker57@dodo.com.au

more power at low speeds? supercharger.
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: 3K-C engine mods Mon, 19 July 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more power at low speed? replace it with a 4k. you can put a 4k crank in a 3k, but for the effort involved (modify block, 4k rods, 77mm charade pistons) just put a 4k in
KE30_Coupe
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: 3K-C engine mods Sun, 25 July 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldnt mind supercharging it but that would be to expencive. i was thinking bout a 4K block with a 3K head to higher compression and use the good old drill and die to expand the exsort port. i was gunna get my cam done but i dont know how much that would be do you think it would be cheaper geting a crow cam or something else if so does anyone have any recemendations? will i have to drill the valve running shaft so it is lower? also is is possible to replace my original carby with a nissan 200b of the same year i heard they where interchangerball. also if i did all this would my original running gear still take the strain. its got a K50 box in it.
DOES ANYONE ONE HAVE ANY 4K MOTORS OR 3KS THERE WILLING TO DONATE TO ME ??? haha as im strapped for cash Sad
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: 3K-C engine mods Sun, 25 July 2004 08:34 Go to previous message
4k with 3k head is a good idea. don't touch the size of the inlet ports, modify the short radius and bowl area, deshroud the valves in the combustion chamber, make the exhaust ports as big as possible (watch you don't break thru into water jacket, check stewart ford's page for photos of a cut up head)

best 4k cam is a tighe 104, 25/26 with 423 lift. google "ivan tighe" and you'll find them in brisbane. i'm told skimming the rocker posts is a good idea with big lift. i'm running a 25/65 with 400 thou and i haven't done anything with them. run 4k valve gear and rocker posts (check my faq for differences)

200b carby is good idea. i've heard datsun L hitachis bolt onto K manifolds, it would be interesting to see if it's true. i know a gemini/mazda nikki bolts on, i have a couple of these on the shelf

your running gear will take the strain if you don't drive stupidly (launches and burnouts). there's a conversion section in my faq to give you diff ideas. there does exist a bellhousing to put a ta22 T50 onto a K motor, but then you need to go to hyrdo clutch. i just run crappy tyres and control myself when accelerating from a standstill, and i don't do burnouts. 4 speeds are stronger than 5 speeds
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:7A-FE to 7A-GE or GZE Conversion Check List
Next Topic:i want to replace my 3sge
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 7 05:13:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.063188076019287 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.