Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » need help with my boost gauge!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
need help with my boost gauge! Tue, 03 August 2004 07:40 Go to next message
im bloody annoyed, was playing around in the car while its off the road, looking for a place to mount the boost gauge and i dropped it on the ground. i was expecting the face to be cracked but when i picked it up it was fine, just the needle sits on 5psi boost Crying or Very Sad
anyone know a place that can recalibrate it? can it even be recalibrated?

while im on the subject, can you by a t-piece that incorporates an olive fitting for the nylon tubing or should i just get a new fitting from pirtek and run a hose all the way into the cabin?

cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: need help with my boost gauge! Tue, 03 August 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i just got a screw driver in the back of it and pushed something till it centred on zero again. so i know its in the right spot, but i dunno if it will read correctly when its hooked up now that i have stuffed around with it.

still after info on connecting it, or if you can get replacement olive joint/t-pieces? cause i thought maybe running hose all the way into the car wouldnt be the best idea, maybe too much volume? less accurate?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: need help with my boost gauge! Tue, 03 August 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T pieces are available from Supacheap in all sizes. edit- Vacuum hose is available from bunnings in 3,4,5,6 mm

You will need to run the hose all the way from the T piece to were you want to mount it. How else would you get a reading?

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 08:50]

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: need help with my boost gauge! Wed, 04 August 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate i know how to connect a boost gauge, have done so before. maybe i didnt word what i said very well.
the boost gauge has a nylon tube which needs to be connected with olive fittings. it cant be squezed over a conventional t-piece afaik. i know you can get replacement nylon tube and olive fitting kits from autmoeter at places like auto one, but not for boost gauges.
so i need to either connect the nylon tube to a rubber hose somehow, or get a new fitting (possibly) for the back of the gauge.
unless i just take the fitting off the next riceboy car that comes into my work with a boost gauge but no boost Rolling Eyes
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: need help with my boost gauge! Wed, 04 August 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as you said use use a rubber house but if your going to do this make sure that there is no way a air can escape that seal (where the nylon goes into the hose, this isnt the best way of doing things but it will most definatly work fine.... just make sure its nice and tight.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: need help with my boost gauge! Wed, 04 August 2004 09:37 Go to previous message
yeah might have to do it like that, a little dodgy but what are ya gonna do hehe.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Are 2JZGE map sensors 2 bar?
Next Topic:Quick question!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 12:51:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046110153198242 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.