Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » what muffle looks better on a sprinter???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cramet
Occasional Poster

March 2004

what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Sun, 08 August 2004 05:23 Go to next message
iam trying to work out what 3in muffler to put on my 4agte sprinter a connon style or twin tip or what ever
ive been trying to find pics but the ones i have found ary ither to dark to tell or ther hidden
  Send a private message to this user    
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Sun, 08 August 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get an oval type 3 inch muffler, and paint it black. Cannons and what not dont look very good in my opinion!
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Sun, 08 August 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a HKS type cannon that is angled slightly upwards or a magnaflow twin 3.5" outlet muffler, makes good power and noise

[Updated on: Sun, 08 August 2004 08:35]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Sun, 08 August 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hell yeah... Canons are the shizzle...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cannon mufflers are the automotive equivalent of having your dick hanging out of an unzipped fly. If that's your thing, fine, but don't be surprised when people laugh at you. Razz

For my money, a generic muffler with a plain steel tip, all painted matt black, is the way to go. Subtle and functional, what more could you want? Shiny things are for magpies.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what LOOKS better?

looks are all just personal opinion if u ask me
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannon mufflers really stuff up your ground clearance cos for 1 that actually muffles theyre 6-8 inches round. and on a small car then its an effort to get clearance.

personally id go for a square upturn tip on a generic oval box for clearance and a little bit of show jap style Razz
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twin Tips!!!! ill find a pic later!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my opinion, cannons would be the choice, but it must be done correctly, subtle and serious. Of course, the whole car should compliment it, ie. bodykit and ground clearance:

http://img64.exs.cx/img64/7748/megasupa300-img600x300-106507173386-2.jpg

http://img64.exs.cx/img64/1131/levin-of7.jpg
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Hey buddy, your fly's undone."
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stealth is all the go. Nothing shiny!
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quad cannons

all on different angles

the more chrome the better
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 15:54

quad cannons

all on different angles

the more chrome the better

Laughing
nice cannons can look great like in the pics above.
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a r33 skyline here in adelaide with the above mentioned quad cannon setup

it also has a gtr wing with the main wing bit removed - but the end supports are still there

i think it was in the autosalon too - sik
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was only one of those cannons filled with carbon? Laughing
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quad cannons i thought he was joking.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have these that would look sweet Wink

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=43807&item=2486502671&rd=1& ;ssPageName=WDVW
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go stock oval muffler, with 3.5" twin tips.

keep em guessing. Very Happy Wink
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hah pro ke I have seen that R33.
Saw him pull into a park and my mate (who was quite intoxicated at the time) asked him in a very drunk and obnoxious manner (as you do when you see a monstrosity like this when your tanked) what had happened to his spoiler. was a laugh when you saw the guys reaction.

Cannons arnt my thing thats for sure, but Ive got a twin tipped muffler, which probably isnt any less wanky Confused
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/imglib/potr/00000035/LegalisR_smuffler1.jpg
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garth always comes up with the goods. small, stealthy, yet it still does the job. Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to be specific

fujitsubo over diff 92dB 2.5" catback

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/imglib/sngl/000000000000000711.jpg

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/imglib/diag/000000000000000711.jpg

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/search/prod-v.php3?prod ID=000000000000000711&cnamID=00000194
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a mild steel tip the same diameter as the rest of your exhaust. i like to let mine rust a little for that extra 'sleeper' effect, but thats my preference.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 10:16

Cannon mufflers are the automotive equivalent of having your dick hanging out of an unzipped fly. If that's your thing, fine, but don't be surprised when people laugh at you. Razz

Exactly what I thought the first time I saw one of those cannon mufflers with the downturned tips.

[/quote]
For my money, a generic muffler with a plain steel tip, all painted matt black, is the way to go. Subtle and functional, what more could you want? Shiny things are for magpies.
[/quote]

Hear Hear!!! Exactly.

Really, outlet should be the same size as inlet. Any more is trying to compensate for something... Rolling Eyes
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: what muffle looks better on a sprinter??? Mon, 09 August 2004 12:50 Go to previous message
http://www.carland86.com/images/parts/muffler_type_d_up.jpg

looks like mine!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HELP ke 70
Next Topic:How to make your st185 handle....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 26 23:52:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004410982131958 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.