Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Whats the worst car design ever?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 08:42 Go to next message
as the title says,

I hate the Ford Tourus (however spelt)
and the front of an esky Shocked yuck too ugly and flat.
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great.. another "bag the RA40 liftback thread"
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i cant stand the nissan nimbus
wtf is that thing !!! ARGH

and also pretty much anything space-age design

Very Happy
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new civics are disappointingly ugly, current corolla design is crap and that ugly mazda RX 8 at the motorshow last year was hilarious.
Dragunov_RA60
Regular

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the Echo sedan!! lol, I think the hatch (a good looker IMO) was designed elsewhere? look like that anyway
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra40 liftback for sure * laffs * - just kidding ! Smile

actually the ra65 coupe doesnt take a supermodels prize, the current echo sedan is mega yuck , the taurus was what appeared to be a slug on wheels.

what else .. the new lancer and commodore - both look shit - wheres the curves gone !

AU fairlane - Hmmz - someone thought a little too american limo there.

the S coupe Hyundai - GADS !

anything made pre 1990 peugeot/renault

the list goes ON !

Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha... Taurus... I always find it hard figuring out if their going forwards or backwards..... Laughing
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anything that is "euopean designed"

Geez I hate the current "triangular tailights" design on cars.

Also doesn't help that all shitsubitchies look the same either.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who can forget the

SUBARU VORTEX
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think whoever said the RA40 liftback hit the nial on the head, right up there with the RA65...well, actually, the RA60 coupe.

Whoever said the RX-8 is hilarious should be shot, I think it looks awesome!
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Er, hello, Has no-one seen a Saab lately??!! fuck Saabs are ugly cars. Saabs and RA60 coups.

Tim.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
92 mitsubishi magna
hyundai excel late 90's Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 25 September 2002 16:20]

Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon13.gif  Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought the RX8 was hilarious.

Probably coz the series VI RX7 is my all time favourite car, I was horrified when i saw that disgusting RX8 abomination at the motorshow, I mean those fucking tragic rear doors went out of style back in 1929, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw those. The car looks like a mutated S2000 spliced with a dodge viper. Why don't they just fucking call the thing the 4 door S2000 with groovy back hinged rear doors! The design sucks and was probably smacked together by some yanks at Ford USA who can't get over their obsession with PT cruisers.

http://www.tahir-online.com/rx8S2000.jpg

Other jokes include the Leyland P76, those big ass current model Audis, New Lexus Coupe looks nowhere as mean as the Soarers it replaced and that new BMW 7 series with those upside down headlights is good for a laugh. It's always a shame when a vehicle manufacturer releases a new model that looks worse or is a step back and most manufacturers these days do it. Subaru did it with the Impreza, Honda did it with the Civics, NIssan did it with the Pulsar, Mitsubishi fucked it with the new lancer..... It was, however refreshing to see Toyota take the Camry up a notch. It's a fine looking car.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also i may add the Ford Ka thats a pathetic looking car Rolling Eyes
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can't get much worse than this
http://www.tiho-hannover.de/bmt/bmt/institut/personal/geiling/treffen/Bild5_69.jpg

I hate citroen's altogether
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Wed, 25 September 2002 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh damn how could i forget the SAAB's ....i hate these with a passion !!! Twisted Evil

Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure Mazda's American division had nothing to do with the design of the RX-8.
Its an awesome car...looks wicked, practicality of a sedan, 50/50 weight distribution, and more room inside than a BMW 3-series. Whats wrong with that?

I can see a few similarities between the design of the S2000, but whats the point. The S2000's suspension may not be set up quite correctly, it has crappy brakes and gearing not suited to its peaky engine...but it doesn't deny the fact it looks good...
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I thought the RX-8 looked sweet, loved the suicide doors.

Worst car ever, probably a Citroen!

Cheers
Wilbo

[Updated on: Thu, 26 September 2002 00:43]

ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ford Taurus' are pretty bad, they look like they've been in the sun for too long and have melted. RA40's have grown on me. I've had one sitting in my back yard for 8 months and I don't mind it now. RA60 coupe's are pretty ugly. But I'd have to say the worst designed car would have to be the Nissan Prairy. They're like a Nimbus but worse!!!! Surprised
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I luurve the RX8!

whatever floats your boat i suppose ...

Ford Ka - Yuk
Ford Taurus - Yuk
Actually, I find anything ford pretty mediocre

Saabs! god those cars are ugly. I'm not that well travelled, but I am yet to see one that endeered itself to me.

I saw a Mitsu Nimbus have the front run over by the back wheel of a turning bus, that was just about the best mod i've ever seen on a numbus

but, at the end of the day, most people are all about getting from A to B. Unlike us, who want to get from A to B AFAP, in style, and slideways if possible Smile
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe Nissan Prairie
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Proton Juara:

http://home.planet.nl/~b.van.wijnen/juara3.gif

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PT cruiser - its just wrong
old saab's - 900 turbos, ugly as shit on a stick
citreon - they are just fugly
VOLVO!!!!! - esp the old 420 "superboxes", looks like 3 different boxes held together with rope and with wheels
new "spage age" civics - WTF is the go with the gearstick on the dash?!?!?!?!?
new type r teg - looks funny?
nissan pintara - skyline wannabe
renault - shit
camira - dont start
nikki - i dont need a reason

i can go on here..... Very Happy
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daihatsu Move

HHAH Laughing

Fridge on wheels just about
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anything with front wheel drive!!! Mad
RA23_Sean
Regular

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lada Niva!
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngey: YES YES YES the good ol' XT coupe, aka VORTEX! However, with those shite looks came a drag co-efficient that was rivalling ferraris and lambo's of that time. I beleive it was .26 and for that time, was unheard of!!

And don't forget also, if the Vortex was ugly than the AW11 has to be also, they virtually look identical!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the rx-8 looks ok
just nothing compared to the late model rx-7's
I'll chime in with the RA6x coupe... I just dont like them.. liftback is much sexier.
taurus and Ka, both hideous.

I dont much like the new 350Z either... but maybe that's because from a 300zx you can only go downhill Smile
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Proton Juara??? IS THAT A BLOODY WING "SPOILER" ON THAT THING? WHY WHY WHY??? Rolling Eyes
PIG KIL
Regular

September 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Da old citrons look pretty crap
Most of the concept cars look a blind person made it
and i hate all hyundai's and Kia's
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Thu, 26 September 2002 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That lil Proton thing looks like it was built to go up against the Toyota bB...........ha good luck!!! Twisted Evil
Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Fri, 27 September 2002 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might be just me but all the rx mazdas look great BUT the RX4 coupe. Cant stand the site of them. Taurus also looks like shit. Don't know which end is the front. Oh and all korean made cars look ugly.
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Fri, 27 September 2002 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cam_RA40 wrote on Thu, 26 September 2002 08:22

can't get much worse than this
http://www.tiho-hannover.de/bmt/bmt/institut/personal/geiling/treffen/Bild5_69.jpg

I hate citroen's altogether

agreed they are ugly but they were quite innovative in their techonolgy with those shocks.
sweathers
Regular

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Fri, 27 September 2002 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Without bringing too much to the table,

The RX8 is an awesome looking car! Very Happy

I think your making the mistake of camparing it with the all time best sports car, the Rx7. As far as Im concerned, the market dictates the car a company produces, and sport yet functional is in. People want legroom, go figure?

As a result I think Mazda have managed an awesome tradeoff between the two.

What family car has you sitting lower than the rear diff? What family car is run by the most elegant engine produced? What family car gives you 180+ Kw, rear wheel drive, oversized vented disk brakes and mags?

The answer is infact, the Rx8.
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Fri, 27 September 2002 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno whether you sit below the rear diff but i wouldnt care if i had one of these...

bmw 540 (210kw), audi s6 (250kw) , alfa 156 gta (185 kw)

big $ for those horses...

one of the directors here was not happy when i showed him that my 16 year old corolla is 0.2 seconds slower to 100 km/h than his new audi A4!!! hahahahahaha Twisted Evil

back to the topic though - those Triumph TR7s were ugly dogs. pretty much all yank cars too...

[Updated on: Fri, 27 September 2002 07:32]

Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon13.gif  Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Fri, 27 September 2002 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's all a matter of opinion and my opinion is the design sucks. Don't kid yourself man. It's got fuck all leg room in the back, lacking the safety and reinforcement that comes with a pillar or any fixed sheet metal, I wouldn't be calling it a 'family' car. Anyway, each to their own. The lopsided rear doors were a hoot.

Yes, you are spot on about how the market dictates R&D and that's the unfortunate fact in all of this because due to the Asian economic crisis at the moment, the Japs have based all their market research and design on American influences and will sell most (and probably construct) their vehicles in America. Am I really making a mistake comparing it because it appears as though the RX7 is finished and the RX8 is a direct replacement. AMERICANS like that MPV, SUV, ATV, VIP gimmic. Because they dominate market demand, the rest of the world has to wear it. Here in Australia, we've seen the leaning towards 2 door sports cars with the Monaro. That went in the opposite direction to where mazda went with the RX8. As far as the rest of the world is concerned, the Jap motor companies don't really give a fuck, they just care about pleasing Uncle Sam first. See for yourself.

http://www.mazda.com.au/articleZone1.asp?articleZo neID=28
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Fri, 27 September 2002 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

that is HIDIOUS!!!

http://www.mazda.com.au/articles/images/hide_hero01.gif
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon9.gif  Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Fri, 27 September 2002 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hideous indeed, but not surprising really. I hope car companies will eventually get over this bout of retro PT cruiser maddness. they are wasting so much money on this crap and recouping it by making their new cars more expensive. It's getting depressing seeing new models look aesthetically worse than their predecessors and great models dropped altogether.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 September 2002 08:15]

Cory
Regular

June 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Fri, 27 September 2002 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that car looks like a cross between the PT cruiser and a combi van
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Fri, 27 September 2002 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
re 180KW and big arse brakes - how about the commodore SS and the falcon XR8 Smile

both have them - and the rest at half the price Smile

but then again - they are falcadores - not an RX

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Fri, 27 September 2002 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
worst car design in terms of fact or opinion?

factually for cars made in australia, i'm pretty sure the P76 takes the cake.

the toyota avalon is a terrible example of a toyota.

and the vn lexcendore. (my dad unfortunately bought a lemon!)

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Fri, 27 September 2002 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please tell me you didn't just compare an RX8 and a Falcodore?
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Fri, 27 September 2002 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate the Saab. it looks like god knows what. and i can't beleive they are turboed. probably the only good thing about them.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Sat, 28 September 2002 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1. XD Falcon - Aussie car but can't fit an esky in the boot - WTF is that?
  2. Anything French
  3. Saab

Quote:

i hate the Saab. it looks like god knows what. and i can't beleive they are turboed. probably the only good thing about them.

Unfortunately not - the turbos are notorious for prematurely blowing their oil seals. The whole car should be simsmetalled.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 September 2002 00:05]

Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Sat, 28 September 2002 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can't believe that the saab is turboed? Well that is a shame, as despite the saabs unique looks the company is the father of turbo charging technology for mass produced automobiles.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/4808/saab 2.html

just as one example.

It is just a pity that they don't take some ques for design from the viggens that the Swedish airforce use.
RA23_Sean
Regular

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Sat, 28 September 2002 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to agree with XD Falcon bit. Worst car I've ever owned. The motors in those always have 5mm of thick grease all over them giving the block that black furry/fungus look. The door handles always break - especially the rear ones. And yeah, boot space is pretty dodgy for such a tank. No power steering really sucked.
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Sat, 28 September 2002 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is one SAAB I could see myself behind the wheel of.

http://pages.prodigy.net/jackashcraft/sonett3ph1.jpg

I'd have to do something about those wheels though
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Sat, 28 September 2002 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA23_Sean wrote on Sat, 28 September 2002 10:39

I have to agree with XD Falcon bit. Worst car I've ever owned. The motors in those always have 5mm of thick grease all over them giving the block that black furry/fungus look. The door handles always break - especially the rear ones. And yeah, boot space is pretty dodgy for such a tank. No power steering really sucked.

Wheels COTY as well. What I like the most is the rear suspension (leaf spring) that wouldn't have looked out of place on a Roman chariot. To this day, the utes and wagons still have this tragic suspension. Good to see Ford put a lot of R&D into their cars. Rolling Eyes
Bounty
Regular

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Sat, 28 September 2002 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about those honda CRV's think they got confused between a coupe and 4 wheel drive. YUK! new civis r ugly too
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Sat, 28 September 2002 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after driving home i thought of another one, Excels with full body kit just very very sad and pathetic Sad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Sat, 28 September 2002 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why do they need a full body kit for you to think they are sad?
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Sat, 28 September 2002 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well thy have always been a sad car but when you chuck a body kit on it to make it look fast then that makes it "VERY VERY SAD" Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 28 September 2002 10:17]

SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Sat, 28 September 2002 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. I think the CRV is better designed than the new Rav4. the new Rav4 is too low to the ground to be called a 4X4. where as the older model (2000) is better.

2. You should see some guys excuse for an excel in our town. 14" wheels, low profile tyres, big rear spoiler, another spoiler ontop of hatch, body kit, NO suspension saggier than a sponge, NO engine mods and NO exhaust mods.

4. I hate all fords except the XR 6 and 8. but if they are like all the other fords they are mechenically CRAP.

as you can see i can't count.
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Sun, 29 September 2002 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would HAVE to say the New Kia KCV-11 concept off-roader.
It may not be the worse car desigh ever but It is deffently the uglyest I have seen.
raSkaS
Regular

July 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Sun, 29 September 2002 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1969 Ford Edsel was the worst selling car of all time and i dont know anyone who likes the look of it
personally i think any toyota with 4 doors is just wrong
and holden sunbirds

Anyone gonna say FIATs look ugly ??

Cam
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Mon, 30 September 2002 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In fear of starting a war, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the new VY!?

Very Yucky! Smile

Lancer err I mean Magna I mean Commodore, and the front looks like a Mazda!!
http://drive.fairfax.com.au/content-new/images/2002/09/16/16comm.jpg

Well done Holden, well done.

BUT I would have to say, (not biased or anything, I don't really like either of them) the new BA Flacon looks nice! Especially the 240kw XR6!
http://drive.fairfax.com.au/content-new/images/2002/07/30/30xr3.jpg

15nm's shy of Holden's bravest GenIII...

[Updated on: Mon, 30 September 2002 03:27]

ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Mon, 30 September 2002 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, not a fan of the new Commodore either. I love my Holden's but It just looks like a Magna/Lancer. And unfortunally look a lot like the falcon. I'm very dissapointed with the new Holden and how it looks.

Oh, excel's are really bad. Some one I don't like has one with a huge body kit on it and a bonnett scoop which is just stuck onto the top, doesn't do anything. I was standing there one day bagging it and didn't realise she was standing behind me. Ah well, life goes on!
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Mon, 30 September 2002 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know its only a concept, but this Nissan 'Nails' isn't exactly good looking.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/large/1124-1.jpg
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Mon, 30 September 2002 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the purpose of the concept cars
is just for the sake of making something whacky ???

Question Question Exclamation
Ta
Mani
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

icon4.gif  Re: Whats the worst car design ever? Mon, 30 September 2002 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jebus.. there is some hate out there!! GOOD TO SEE!! Surprised

i forgot a few cars......
... new cobras - lets take a cool car, and make it shit! Confused
VN dunnydore - worst built car built in aus!!
mazda 121 - even inside feels like a bubble
ea falcon - did they know how to make a fan belt??

agreed with the new commodore coment, however. did anybody notice the similarity between the BA front end and the hyundai accent??
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:heat in an engine bay
Next Topic:no shame in loosing out to a diesel on a 1/4ml drag
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 7 10:36:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073909759521484 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.