Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE86 import diff still with drums

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
icon5.gif  AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 04:30 Go to next message
hey, i have an import AE86 levin GTV, but mine is a little odd..no power steer, air-con, p/ mirrors, and DRUM BRAKES ON THE BACK!!! AHHH!!, i had to get new linings, and the sprinter ones didn't fit, niether did the wheel barings, not sure on the baring size, but the linings were about 10mm wider than sprinter ones..it still has the stock panhard rod, and sits in the right place..it has a very very snappy LSD, and the ID plate tells me that it came factory with a T282..WTF?? the stock 4age was good, killed it, GZE has been in there for 2 months, lots and lots of drifting/drag racing etc..the diff is beautiful! is there an id spot on the actuall diff that i can look for to see what it is?

mat

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2004 04:32]

Send a private message to this user    
4a-c
Regular

April 2003
Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I beleive some JDM 86's came with a Tseries drum rear end, same as what people pull oout of the T-18 to put in their sprinters im guessing. One of my mates import sprinters came with a drum rear end lsd too. Just buy T-18 wheels bearings thats should work
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm also curious as to why i havent broken it yet! are they a strong diff, my car pulls consistant 13.9's, it has a japspec box (ofcourse), 4puck carbon clutch, and big tyres, what LSD's can i use in it? incase mine shaggs itself
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drift86levin wrote on Thu, 12 August 2004 17:44

what LSD's can i use in it? incase mine shaggs itself

Apart from stock, you can use KAAZ, Cusco and TRD that I know of.
4a-c
Regular

April 2003
Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they reportedy will handle up to about 250hp no worries. The centre sounds liek it would be an aftermarket item of some sort. you can get trd, cusco etc. centres for the T series. They arent cheap but. Over $1000 for trd 2 way
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i take the bastard apart would it say on something what brand it is? cos it's a really good LSD, it has never ever opend up on me and its' very snappy on and off the throttle.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drift86levin wrote on Thu, 12 August 2004 19:00

if i take the bastard apart would it say on something what brand it is? cos it's a really good LSD, it has never ever opend up on me and its' very snappy on and off the throttle.

Well just leave it and continue abusing it coz it sounds like a good thing!
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will do! the raping continues Laughing ! jokes, there is a fine line between flogging a car, and driving it hard! Very Happy
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
250hp, your kidding yourself
I constantly broke the teeth off the innput pinion (first little gear) of the t series on a 1g running 15psi, (150rwkw)
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude - im busting the SHIT out of my second T series centre in my AE71, with a STOCK 4AGE!!!

i would give the T series no more than 150HP... MAX. It's just a poo diff.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno wtf you guys do to your diffs....... There's just a certain way to drive without breaking shit all the time. As said previously, it's a fine line. One of my old cars did approx. 20 runs at eastern creek with a stock (locked) pissy 1973 Mazda diff with slicks on and it never broke, even running 11's with 6,000 RPM launches!

You gotta have a certain amount of mechanical sympathy!
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe the LSD is the strong part, i don't think you could snap an axel, i've seen these buggers, there not small, i thought it was a t292, from a celica, the brakes look very similar..(i have lots of silly cars)
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a frankenstein

power windows = gt apex
aircon and no power steer = gtv (look at the bracket, if it has no section there for the power steer pulley then thats a GTV)
drum brake but with lsd rear end = maybe a swap out?
the car could have been an SR ae86

whats your VIN#? im very interested to know!

drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the vin# is AE860222885..nope, has no power steering, but the rack feels a little better than an Aussie 86, i'm geussing the diff was a swap..there are other indicators that this might have been a drift machine over there..like the fact they left the cusco camber tops in, but cut down the stock sagged springs to compensate (when they took the coilovers out?) exhaust temp sensor..just sitting under the car, not doing anything..no cat when i bought it, (complied my F%$& ass!) longchamps on the front and speedstars on the back, no carpet in the boot..plain 3 spoke wheel..LSD where there shouldn't be! and the huge drift wing it has on it! ohh yeh, this will stuff you up!, my seats are freaky too!, front seats, are just normal buckets sorta like an aussie sprinter..just all with cloth trim, and the back seat is just a top/bottom, fixed seat, the whole backseat weighs about 5kg!! top and bottom!!

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2004 12:40]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh, that vin, its an SR with some goodies put in

your rear seat is the kicker. hehe single piece foam unit. cheapo

your rack is a GTV, basically the manual rack with power steer arms

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: AE86 import diff still with drums Thu, 12 August 2004 22:56 Go to previous message
THE WITZL wrote on Thu, 12 August 2004 19:31

dude - im busting the SHIT out of my second T series centre in my AE71, with a STOCK 4AGE!!!

i would give the T series no more than 150HP... MAX. It's just a poo diff.

Rolling Eyes i would suggest looking at your driving style mate... ive thrashed the hell out of T series for 2 years, Drift, ringies, burnouts, drags, you name it, and esp a LOT of drift now that im competing... and i now have a CA18det in front of it.

My diff is fine, my LSD is still as tight as the day i installed it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:starter motor overheating??
Next Topic:Turbo 4age
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 4 16:19:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055229663848877 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.