Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » $182 fine thanks to tightarse cop!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
letmedrift
Occasional Poster

August 2003
$182 fine thanks to tightarse cop! Thu, 12 August 2004 13:45 Go to next message
Last week a cop booked me for doing a U turn at the lights BUT the lights weren't even on! (It is legal as long as there is no traffic lights)

I want some advice from you guys, so here's the story...

There were policemen redirecting all traffic to turn right (and road ahead was blocked) at the lights (into a one-way road ) but I decided to do a U turn instead - which I don't think is that big of a deal since there was no opposite-going traffic (it was not possible) and I was already in the "turning right" motion.

Do you guys think it is worth taking to court? Any cops 'round here with advice?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 August 2004 04:33]

Send a private message to this user    
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon1.gif  Re: $182 fine thanks to tightarse cop! Thu, 12 August 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all i can say is .... NICCCCEEEE ONE MANNNNNN !!!

never do anything that you even THINK might be illegal in front of cops ... they will book u if they want and it seems they have in this case ..

you can take it to court, but can you afford a lawyer ? etc etc .. just pay the fine mate .. u got done
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: $182 fine thanks to tightarse cop! Thu, 12 August 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I take this was in Sydney? We don't have a problem with U-turns in Queensland. Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: $182 fine thanks to tightarse cop! Thu, 12 August 2004 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats cos u are .... Queenslanders Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: $182 fine thanks to tightarse cop! Thu, 12 August 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We don't have problems with U-Turns in Vic either.

And what are you a cop Les? Fight the power man!
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: $182 fine thanks to tightarse cop! Thu, 12 August 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHA

lost cause !!!

hard to beat man i tried via letter and they rocked me
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: $182 fine thanks to tightarse cop! Fri, 13 August 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah well i have a problem with U turns in Adelaide its because farken victorians insist on doing them at our traffic lights, which is illegal and me and my mate cleaned someone up becuase they were doing that, lucky they had insurance and my mate had airbags...

Sorry man but you deserve that fine...
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: $182 fine thanks to tightarse cop! Fri, 13 August 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i disagree... if on coming traffic has been blocked and they were diverting everyone to turn right anyway then there shouldnt be an issue doing the U turn so long as there isnt any other traffic that could come out of a side street ... but i would assume they would have been red lighted anyway

also if he did turn right into the street and then tried to do a u turn there to come back downthe street (which is what they would have told him to do) then that would have cause the accident since everyone is turning right into the street
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: $182 fine thanks to tightarse cop! Fri, 13 August 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont give a fuck if there is a nuclear weapon being tested 500m up the road, doing a U turn at traffic lights is illegal and causes major farken accidents...

Thats my two cents...
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: $182 fine thanks to tightarse cop! Fri, 13 August 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 13 August 2004 15:13

I dont give a fuck if there is a nuclear weapon being tested 500m up the road, doing a U turn at traffic lights is illegal and causes major farken accidents...

Thats my two cents...

dude, step down off the high-horse for a second hey, have you ever, EVER as long as youve been driving done an illegal u-turn, yes i bet youve done plenty, and dont say you havent cos you know you would have, and u-turns arent illegal in all states as said above, so you cant generalise and say "dont do its illegal", cos it depends what state youre driving in.

from what "letmedrift" had said about the circumstances, he was well within his rights to make a u-turn, cop should've pulled his head out of his arse before he wrote the ticket.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 August 2004 05:21]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: $182 fine thanks to tightarse cop! Fri, 13 August 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look man i am sorry for generalising but as said in my above posts I have had a very bad experience with someone doing a U turn at traffic lights...

And seriously, since that accident I have not done a U turn illegally...

Beleive it or not...
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: $182 fine thanks to tightarse cop! Fri, 13 August 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same shit happened to my dad on a double demerits weekend, we contested it and ended up without a fine and points not taken off.

It is illegal, but there are exceptions...at least thats what the magistrate thought Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: $182 fine thanks to tightarse cop! Fri, 13 August 2004 07:40 Go to previous message
The rules have changed in NSW like last year sometime...

Some sets of traffic lights have "No U Turn" signs posted up... If they don't have a sign posted, then it's ok to perform a U turn...

Go back to where you got done and see if there were any signs at all... If there wasn't, take it to court, if there was, bad luck...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Stolen Car...Parramatta..
Next Topic:Spotted: Black ae86 with plates DRI7something...N
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 08:40:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004863977432251 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.