Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR2SUM
Occasional Poster

July 2003
3S-GTE Problem Mon, 16 August 2004 08:48 Go to next message
Having a bit of aproblem with my '92 MR2T, but only on occasion with regards to the engine feeling like it is retarding heaps, or a laggy type feeling throughout all gears?

It happens when full throttle is given sometimes where it is only boosting to 3/4 of normal, however the car feels like it is going absolutely no where, laggy. Even backing off and re-applying the accelerator doesnt help at all, It still goes like a ladden carriage is attached to the back...

Only happening like once a week (daily driven) but is givin me concerns as to what it could be? Someone has told me it could be the Crank Angle Sensor, retarding the timing? There are no boost leaks.

Has any other 3S-GTE owners experienced anything similar?
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3S-GTE Problem Mon, 16 August 2004 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boost cut?
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 3S-GTE Problem Tue, 17 August 2004 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey nathan, is always hot when you boot it.

i know when the motor is cold they apparently have a safty fetaure that they will not reach full boost when cold. (to protect the motor) also same with when the motor is hot, when it reaches a certain temp it will boost no more then 8psi... and it feels like it hits a brick wall when it comes in. This is a saftey boost cut feature.
MR2SUM
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: 3S-GTE Problem Tue, 17 August 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR. 2 wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 11:46

hey nathan, is always hot when you boot it.

i know when the motor is cold they apparently have a safty fetaure that they will not reach full boost when cold. (to protect the motor) also same with when the motor is hot, when it reaches a certain temp it will boost no more then 8psi... and it feels like it hits a brick wall when it comes in. This is a saftey boost cut feature.

The boost guage shows 8psi like you say when it happens, so it must be the problem.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 3S-GTE Problem Tue, 17 August 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get an after market computer that will fix your problems.....

Smile and then give you more problems hahahahahah

hey we will have to catch up when i get my 2 back!
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3S-GTE Problem Tue, 17 August 2004 04:06 Go to previous message
Sounds like the knock sensor retarding ignition. So, either the knock sensor is crapping out which is moderately common OR you are running dud fuel and the knock sensor is doing it's job.

Pull the sensor to test or pull the sensor off the block (cabled tied off the rear valence for example) but still plugged into the loom....that way it won't hear the knock and won't retard. just be careful though as you'll have to pick the knock yourself
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:front strut for a aw11
Next Topic:gt4 question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 16:34:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047900676727295 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.