Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 02:36 Go to next message
Well it was a huge turnout over at the WRX forums on the 15/8 cruise though Putty roads, a total of 181 showed up including a copper STi. A few visits from other cars but none more exciting than a brand new EVO8 (1 of 100 in Aus?)

If you wanna mix with freakish occurances then this was definately it... because it was involved in an accident on the day. Apparently he was backing out of the pub carpark and a 4WD hit him, causing it to hit someone else...

I totally feel for this guy, how would you be in his situation!

Here are some pics:

http://img34.exs.cx/img34/3451/EVO8.jpg

http://img34.exs.cx/img34/9175/EVO8b.jpg

http://img34.exs.cx/img34/3487/EVO8a.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

poor bloke i would have gone nuts Mad

man now i am getting the shits for him and wanna kill the bloke
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Just out of curiousity, if he was backing of a car park & the 4wd hit him, wouldn't he (the EVO driver) be at fault??

feel free to correct me if im wrong,

Cheers,
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well judging from where the hit is, then i would say no. cause the evo was more than half way out of the spot and therefore the 4WD has had ample time to see and stop unless he was speeding

i mean the guy seems as though he was almost out of the spot but then again i wasnt there so.....................
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's true. Judging from where it was hit, it looks as though the other driver hit him at quick big impact indicating speeding/reckless......and the way the panels are bent.
It's so fucked, out of all cars to be hit on our roads- this is the one you would NOT want to hit

and they say yellow is the safest colour for other drivers to see Rolling Eyes
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have all parts to fix this including spare shell engines boxs and diffs and and all body panels Shocked
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope the guy who hit sucha beautiful car commits suicide...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats not an evo is it??

no flares!! Sad

the evo 6 was the bomb!

[Updated on: Tue, 17 August 2004 10:47]

Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man i would be so cut Mad if that was mine. going by that photo the car doens't look to be very strong, i mean its peeled open like a tin can! Shocked you can tell they've tried to make it really light weight
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats cause now they design cars to crumple/crumble instead of like old skool solids
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Out of curiosity, my comp insurance replaces the car if it's in any accident (not just written off) in the first two years. How would you go with something fairly rare and limited being replaced. Hello Jap spec import? Very Happy
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that IS a real evo, look at the IC and where the plate holder is located {btw, trust me i work for mits}

they wouldnt write it off, easily fixable,

AND, even if the guy in the 4wd was speeding, it doesnt matter, the EVO pulled out into his path from the carpark, stiff shit 4 the EVO,

my mate got fucked up by that little rule, he only had FT3P and a rooted gemini
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and the brembo's and the 5 stud wheels give it away too Confused
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 22:29

that IS a real evo, look at the IC and where the plate holder is located {btw, trust me i work for mits}

they wouldnt write it off, easily fixable,

AND, even if the guy in the 4wd was speeding, it doesnt matter, the EVO pulled out into his path from the carpark, stiff shit 4 the EVO,

my mate got fucked up by that little rule, he only had FT3P and a rooted gemini

i know, but it looks weak.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno man, u seen one in real life?

steves neighbour has a brand new red one and its the first one ive seen on the roads, it looks absolutly mental and menacing!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god damn your avatar looks goooooood Very Happy
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let's see....

Bonnet, front bar, left headlamp assembly, driver's door, driver's wing mirror and front-right guard. I'd be surprised if the insurance company didn't write this off. Shocked I thoroughly agree, damn nice car... but shitty luck. Sad
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think they'd write it off...unless the engine is severly stuffed under there. All the bent panels is cheap to fix, compared to the price the car would be insured for Very Happy
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that wouldnt be written off, its bout $6k-$7k damage through insurance. dont for get its all going to be R/R old for new and a spray'n'blend

its worth more than $10k so there goies the 75% rule
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
them brakes would be da bomb on a ae86...... Razz
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: EVO8 + badluck = Tue, 17 August 2004 23:42 Go to previous message
ae86drift wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 20:46

thats not an evo is it??

no flares!! Sad

the evo 6 was the bomb!

haha man, just look at it. No ricer lancer b/s could get halfway into looking like that

the trademark EVO yellow with those irreplaceable wheels, softer front bar and rear wing definately gives it away.

out of all the WRX's on the day, this thing pulled the crowds and was feared the most on the roads, getting in an acco is just sacrilege Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Can anyone in canberra help me out?
Next Topic:Debate: To induce oversteer.. front/rear spring ratio
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 13:15:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044682025909424 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.