Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
trdcamry93
Occasional Poster

July 2004
icon5.gif  my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Fri, 13 August 2004 02:22 Go to next message
Hello there,
i am a noob here at toymods and its kool how i can finaly post Very Happy i have a 93 Camry CSi its a 2.2ltr engine and my gearing is really stuffed not no mention the 87kw stock. id like to improve my car's peformance and handeling what should/could? i do to my car. (i bought the car off my parents for around 5 and the interior needs a make over 6x9's are shot too) i need some help BAD! and comments and feed back is much appriciated Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 13 August 2004 03:32]

Send a private message to this user    
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Fri, 13 August 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it a manual or auto?
as for tips to improve performance, a new exhaust including extractors will help, as for handling lowering the ride and putting on better tyres will help.
trdcamry93
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Fri, 13 August 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is auto, i really shouldve mentioned that in the first post... Confused i had something in mind like that. Would there be any point in changing engine if its auto or even modding for that fact?
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Fri, 13 August 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simple mods would be lowered, exhaust, intake (air filter)... and rear wing Rolling Eyes
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Fri, 13 August 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure its 87kw?, its a 2.2l 3sfe right, the 2.0L 3sfe makes 88kw the 2.2l makes more i think about 95kw.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Fri, 13 August 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah steven is right, because of the larger displacement it will be making close to 100kw at the flywheel.
As to wether its worth modding a camry or not, minor mods will make the car better, a new air filter (and cold air set up), extractors and a new exhaust system, both a smoother rida and more power. However serious modifications such as a new cam, ecu manual conversion, forced induction (turbo or suoper charge), will not give the performance gains they are designed for, simply because the engine is designed for economy and not performance.
Although swaps to a 3s-ge (celica engine) or 3s-gte (celica gt4 engine) can be done, i would recomend skiping the major mods and saving for a car with more potential.
Having said that i love my camry and i think they are a great car, smooth, reliable and they move when pushed hard enough, but they are no race car.
trdcamry93
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Fri, 13 August 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thx for all comments guys, now u mention it 007 i think it is 95kw and is the model number for my model car or all camry's 3sfe? i was only looking at major mods and what it could turn out like but i am seriously looking at filter, xtractors, zhorst lowering it with the rims in my avator (love photoshop) and better disks and pads... maybe a 3s-ge is realistic but not a gte... gte is turbo right? how much difference with 3sge make to my 3sfe?
P.s. Nice rides Camry bhoiz!!! i seen all ya picz *big thumbs up* spesh 007! Very Happy
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Sat, 14 August 2004 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your engine is actualy a 5s-fe, 2nd gen camrys (sv20 and 21), had a 3s-fe engines which is 2l, 4 cyclender a twin cam engine that produces 88kw. the 5s-fe is a 2.2L 4 cyclender twin can engine that produced 95kw, the only real difference between the two engines is the increase in displacement. Yeah the gte is the turbo engine, as for the difference a conversion willl make, im not too sure. It depends alot on what year 3s-ge you use.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Sat, 14 August 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok modding....

Leave the exhaust system. It's fine. You'll notice it's more than adequate in diameter plus it's already got extractors. Just replace the CAT with a more flowing one if you want to do anything there as the whole system is fine. You don't want a droning gutless rice mobile.

Change the air filter to a K&N panel.

DO NOT put in mobil1 oil. I've ended up with worn valve stem seals because I ran too thin an oil. Plus the engine rattled bad until I put some thicker stuff in. (My engine and car are now only ~80000km's old). So now I have the occasional puff of smoke on cold startup. Sad

Basically in the end just leave the car alone as you'll end up spending too much money on what will always be a FWD car when you could have just bought something else with everything you want already done. Yea as others here know I wanted to do stuff to my car as well, but I realise now it's a waste of time and I should just save for a V8 soarer instead. Very Happy

BTW, you paid too much for what you got. Wink Especially if you've previously stuffed the interior before you bought it and blown the rear speakers. How you blow those speakers is beyond me unless you leave the stereo at full all the time. I still get perfect sound from mine even if I put the volume to max, just not all the time.

Just keep it regularly serviced (do it yourself), and you'll know it'll be running as best as it can be.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 August 2004 13:47]

trdcamry93
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Sun, 15 August 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, apollo do u drive a camry as well? and does mobil1 only do it to specific cars? Droaning ricers Rolling Eyes so true... Embarassed though extractors are fine already on the car??? and i know toyotas a really reliable with car audio and all over General shiet cause all my mates have em, and i really dont know how the speakers got shot Confused . i dont know much about cars motors so i dont want to touch anything... if i wanna tune it id rather go to a toyota wreckers...

P.S. (does anyone knwo where nearest wreckers in vic are???)
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Mon, 16 August 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your rear speakers probably got blown/damaged from the sun coming through the back window. the uv rays damage the speaker cones and crack the rubber suspension.

Its says your from knox correct? the nearest toyota wreckers to you is off scorsby rd/bayswater rd in bayswater.there called toyospares.speak to matt, he's good :)its on eldemaire rd.

as for mods, do what you like.its never going to be a rocket ship thou, unless you do an engine conversion.which will cost $$$$.
if your not that into cars, just keep it simple and improve/work with what youve got. maybe a catback system, and put a nice pod filter on, to give it that throathy sound Very Happy maybe lowered springs and rims.the options are endless,depends on how mch your prepared to spend.
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Mon, 16 August 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,
Camry's are generally a pretty good and very reliable car. Howver, I think ur wasting ur time moding any engine with an "-FE" You will be much better off getting a 3s-ge. The FE series of engines were only ever designed as 'economical twin cams' hence the vavle setting at 30 degrees, i think. the 3sge has a set of 45 degrees and tho fuel consumption may be a little higher the possible power output will be far greater than you could get from the 5sfe or 3sfe. As for Mobil 1, i personal run it and highly recommend it. Tho i'm not sure for your cars but mine seems to be running beautifully with fantastic revving and idling smoothness. You'll hear various accounts of oil with mineral or synthetic, but i guess its really only up to how much you are willing to spend.
Seriously though, I own a 3s-ge and have driven several FE series engines. If you want to modify a naturally aspirated engine, the 3sge is the benchmark. Listen to the engine tone as you rev the car and you will hear that it sounds sooo much stronger.
trdcamry93
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Tue, 17 August 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aust162: yeh i think u cold have hit the nail on the head, Ware and tare from sun rays couldve damaged my speakers. and as for the mods i am thinking of doing that now... filter, xtractors, zhorst. The wheels i want are in my avatar and yes i am going to lower! Very Happy ps i know my car isnt a rocket ship! Razz

jonchi: thats what im thinking of doing in the long run if my pockets are deep enough... and the difference really shows from a 5sfe to a 3s-ge? how many kw compare?

What types of brands would anyone use in regards to filters, xtractors, zhorts for Toyotas? anyones fav'z?

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Tue, 24 August 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trdcamry93 wrote on Sun, 15 August 2004 21:39

ok, apollo do u drive a camry as well? and does mobil1 only do it to specific cars?

Yea, holden apollo late 1995 model, (err, rebadged camry). End of the apollo line actually which makes it the "good" one. Smile

As for specific, buggers me, I just know I won't ever use the overpriced shit anymore.

Jonchai, yea the 3sge would be a good replacement, but a 3sgte would be an even better replacement, but it's still going to be a FWD car.

Personally if I had to get another engine, I'd get the V6 instead dropped in. Man I was this || close to getting a vienta when I got my car back in 2000, now in hindsight I should have as rego for a 4 now totally sucks arse, (my deciding factor at the time), and also through experience I know that if they give an engine option to take the larger one as the size of the car is more suited to the bigger option. The 5sfe is a little thirsty in these shells.

Oh yes, bigger brakes is always good to look at no matter what car you have. Smile
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Tue, 24 August 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
airfilter = k&n filter. good flow and its rechargeable.
extractors and exhaust.umm i got an exhaust place to build a custom exhaust for my car when my converson was done.
as for extractors maybe pacemaker,genie etc. not to sure whats good, i've never brought any Razz
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Tue, 24 August 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your really interested in modding the Camry buy the one for sale in Newcastle.Its going for $9.7k.Modded extensivly engine wise e.g T3/T66 Turbo,Hybrid fmic etc etc.I would snap it up but funds dont allow Sad
Toyrotor
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Wed, 01 September 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yawns........... Rolling Eyes

Just cant get myself excited over a Camry. Not even if it comes with a free cardigan
trdcamry93
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: my 93 camry (everyones comments welcome) Sun, 12 September 2004 09:51 Go to previous message
Heh... im sure u can Afford A Soarer ... Modded Camry's are unique Very Happy And im not thinking of drastic Mods... well, as yet... sorrie for not posting so late, Bloody yr 12... Shitting me coming so close to exams.

And [westlife]i saw that camry for sale!!! DAMN!!! its soo hot and looks CRAZIE!@!@!@! And i was too late when i saw it... :(:(Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae86 BLACK Limited
Next Topic:Cheap Shipping company in JAPAN
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 23:32:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044119358062744 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.