Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Thu, 19 August 2004 17:03 Go to next message
I want to buy a HKS 2GGTE 2.4 stroker kit, Ive checked the website but they only had 2JZGTE and 3SGTE stroker kits, and bugman recently posted a pic of a brand new kit, im wondering where i might get my hands on such an item, (and i know it will be expensive) anyone got any info?
thanks in advance.
  Send a private message to this user    
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Thu, 19 August 2004 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can try HKS Australia... (BD4's) or try contacting greenline.jp and see if they can get it for you.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Fri, 20 August 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is one on yahoo japan..
lend me one jaze
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Fri, 20 August 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SUPRAMAN might be able to get hold of them for you.
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Sat, 21 August 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what did the 2ggte come in?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Sat, 21 August 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JAZE wrote on Fri, 20 August 2004 03:03

I want to buy a HKS 2GGTE 2.4 stroker kit,

It didn't come in anything, it's a kit. Rolling Eyes
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Sat, 21 August 2004 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure what car you have the 1G in, but wouldn't it be easier and much cheaper to put in a 1JZ ?
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Sat, 21 August 2004 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whereas i am a big fan of the 1 J and have owned my fair share of them, I wish to purchase a HKS stroker kit for a 1G as i happen to like them and they are small and rev hard and fit into lots of small cars a little easier than a 1 J- Not to say i wont own another 1J but i just feel like wastin my savings on something a little different to usual,
BTW, can anyone find that yahoo link bugman was talking about? i really want this thing but i cant find it, (yes i have no idea how to use the site).......
cheers for the replies.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Sun, 22 August 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have priced them for a number of people, and I do have a contact in Japan to source them through.

So whats the price you say ??? OVER $4,000.

see the thread below...

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=24976&rid=939&S=b8344f2fb69b7ab03e505e1e 22573464&pl_view=&start=0#msg_216630msg_21 6630

here are the pics...

http://www.japaneseimportparts.com/images/HKS%20PISTON%201GG.jpg

http://www.japaneseimportparts.com/images/HKS%20PAGE.jpg
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Sun, 22 August 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can have them delivered to your door in roughly 2 weeks from japan.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Sun, 22 August 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike, you are one mad motherfucker...and I love it Razz
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Sun, 22 August 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know what it is, but there is just something about having crazy internals in an engine that is not widely heavily modified that is really appealing...
it defies all logic, and all reasonableness ( if that is a word Razz ) but it is just cool..
the idea of a 2.4 stroker 1GG is just plain sexy..
kinda like stroking and working a CA18 nissan... not very popular to do, but has shitloads of potential..
must have something to do with the 'different' factor....
even though there are plenty of cheaper options out there, it still gets people sucked in.... awsome stuff really.
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Sun, 22 August 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that Kristian, Ive sent you an E-mail, and 4000 is alot to spend on a 1 G but I LOVE IT! ( i am aware it will be about 10 G after turbos, rebuild and other nice bits)
and i want a 2 litre and i just looove 1 G's they are like a mini 1J, but older, and cuter and more easily engineerable epecially being a 2 litre............. Evil or Very Mad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Sun, 22 August 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What turbos you planning for it man?
dispatcher
Regular

July 2002
Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Mon, 23 August 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Checked with Greenline MS...they don't carry stock of these kits for the 1G..not HKS even.

Anyone have any ideas on any other manufactures..or aftermaket..dealers who might have ?

cheers
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Mon, 23 August 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well there is a photo just up in the thread from hks
its just they dont make them anymore
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Where can i buy a new HKS 2GGTE kit (and yes i checked HKS web site) Tue, 24 August 2004 15:05 Go to previous message
Yes, HKS dont make them anymore, but I can still buy them in japan. Like I said, roughly 3 weeks delivered to your door, genuine HKS, or your money back.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE85 AE86 whats the story
Next Topic:name this part, what dose it do?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 14:54:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.072887897491455 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.