Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ke55 2 freak
Newcomer

September 2002

icon10.gif  Is it possible Sun, 29 September 2002 12:00 Go to next message
Hi there i have 4k and was on the verge of considering a turbo the motor has the following with standard carby:
1. 33/67 cam
2. ported and polished head
3. stage 3 pistons
4. m21 values
5. hurricane headers
6. 2 1/2 inch exhaust

i had in mind running 5-6 boost (blow through setup)also buying a XF falcon draw-through weber

# will the motor be up to the task of a turbo? and will this be able to keep up with SX corolla's?
thank you for your replies.
  Send a private message to this user    
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Is it possible Sun, 29 September 2002 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't help you much at all here except to say that I once looked to putting a ford 6cyl webber on my celica but I was told that they were horrid because the factory made them hard to tune. I only asked 1 person so they could be full of shit.

Tim.
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Is it possible Mon, 30 September 2002 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been told that the webers off Fords made a big difference. I've heard a few people suggest them to me, nothing was ever said about them being difficult to tune though. But it's a Ford part so can they really be trusted??!! Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Is it possible Mon, 30 September 2002 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celicachick wrote on Mon, 30 September 2002 11:51

But it's a Ford part so can they really be trusted??!! Very Happy

Why do you think taxi companys use Fords?
frank_grimes
Regular

May 2002
Re: Is it possible Mon, 30 September 2002 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my brother stuck one of those webers on his datsun 240k..
it worked really good on his N/A 2.4 liter..

one of his friends has a gemini (Laughing I know) he used a weber off ford running an rx7 turbo..and it runs like a bucket of cr*p..

first it didn't suck enought fuel at high revs ,so he added a electronic fuel pump then it would stall because it ran rich at idle..
please note he would know how to tune a harmonica..
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Is it possible Mon, 30 September 2002 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Why do you think taxi companys use Fords?

Most taxis are fords cause the ford engine lasts longer when run on LPG. The Holden 6 when put on gas tends to wear out quicker....

My next door neighbour is a cabbie and he would prefer to drive a Commodore, but he would need to buy a new cab more often if he did.
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: Is it possible Mon, 30 September 2002 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most Taxi's are fords, as the ritulas of supply and particularly demand sees that they are cheep cheep cheep!

(just an opinion, cant back it up Smile)
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Is it possible Mon, 30 September 2002 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just figured that most taxi's are fords because Taxi drivers either cause accident's or are involved in accidents and they treat the cars like crap and it doesn't matter because it's a Ford and that's the only way to treat them!
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: Is it possible Mon, 30 September 2002 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why don't you use the 7K-E motor..??? bolts straight in and would be 150 times more easier to setup, being fuel injected..
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Is it possible Mon, 30 September 2002 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also im pretty sure the law is that cabs cant be older than 4 yrs old

Something to think about
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is it possible Mon, 30 September 2002 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Considering the amount of EL Falcon taxi's I've seen around, I don't think that is an actual law. I think its mroe to the fact some of them are coming up on 1000000km's and that does them in Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Is it possible Mon, 30 September 2002 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha... Another thread where Ford's go down...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Is it possible Mon, 30 September 2002 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think mani is right... taxis in the big companies cant be older than 4 yrs... they have to pass numerous stringent tests after that time... kinda like cars in japan.... not worth keeping after a few years
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Is it possible Mon, 30 September 2002 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Mon, 30 September 2002 18:58

Hahaha... Another thread where Ford's go down...

Umm I think you've been reading the wrong thread! How many other cars make it to a million k's in stop/start conditions?
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Is it possible Mon, 30 September 2002 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since when are any taxis in stop start conditions? there engines are usually running from when they start there shift to when they finish,
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is it possible Tue, 01 October 2002 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, they don't turn them off the whole shift, saves all that starting up wear.

I think what Cool1 meant though was that they are constantly accelerating and braking.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Is it possible Tue, 01 October 2002 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, thats exactly what I meant! Maybe if you live in the country they might not be constantly accelerating and braking! But here in Brisbane city damm damm they do!
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: Is it possible Tue, 01 October 2002 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im getting a little worried about taxis in Melbourne. Last week I saw a VX Taxi, with chromed wheels, Gen3 badges, and Monaro tail lights Confused
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Is it possible Tue, 01 October 2002 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've seen Holden statesman Taxi's in Melbourne as well with mags. It seems like a bit of a waste for a taxi
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Is it possible Tue, 01 October 2002 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here in sydney we have silverservice taxis.. they are all statesmans, fairlanes etc... with the full leather interior. pretty much same price as a normal taxi, just far more comfy.
but trust me dont take a fairlane for your trip home after a big night's drinking - they are shocking for car sickness!! Sad

ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Is it possible Tue, 01 October 2002 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talking from experience about the fairlanes??
I don't catch taxi's. The drivers scare me and it will cost me about $100 to get from the city to home!
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Is it possible Sun, 06 October 2002 06:54 Go to previous message
how funny is it when you see some poor fool driving around in an ex-taxi sedan. You know the ones with the bonnet and boot in taxi colors. what a silly thing to go out and purchase after all the abuse.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Interesting take on security for your car
Next Topic:Tonites the Night!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 27 20:52:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14214611053467 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.