Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
7M & HKS MHG Tue, 24 August 2004 09:39 Go to next message
Story so far...

1.Blocked Oringed - Copper head gasket (Leaked compression into all cylinders)

2.Orings still in place - Toyota HG (No problems, although when stripped motor down to do piston rings noticed that the usual 7M HG problem had started to form at Cyl 5)

Can I remove the orings in the block which will still leave a slight groove and use a HKS MHG?
Also I want to know if you have to get both face's machined to a really good finish? I will be getting the head faced again but to a "Mirror finish" but not sure about the block. I NEED ANSWERS Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 7M & HKS MHG Tue, 24 August 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't know about the O ring saga, but there was some discussion on CS about the need/lack thereof of not "lapping" the block when using a MHG. I posted the link here some time ago, and last time I checked, there were no reports of failures.

I have a spare ACL gasket that will be used, as I don't want to rip the block out to get it decked, but we will see what happens when the boost is upped a little.

Have a search and see what you can find

Cheers

Michael B

Edit : Just found it !!!!

Hi all fellow 7M users,

Just found a thread in SupraMania (US based forum), where they were discussing the merits of fitting a MHG without the much referred to lapping etc , but expoused the careful cleaning and use of "Permatex Brake Quiet" instead of the much referred copper sprays.

http://www.supramania.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8 7091#87091

Can any of those that have used the various good gear post any opinions and also part numbers etc of the stuff that is recommended ?

As a fellow 7M-GTE owner in search of more sensible power, I will no doubt at some stage in the future be required to do this , but am all for "being prepared" in advance with any useful info.

I know people have posted with a 'generic' description and brand, eg 'Hylomar Copper Spray', but to ensure that I get the right stuff (baby), a part number would be invaluable.

Personally, loctite has always been my friend, but happy to go with others recommendations and experiences when superior to me (Nods at Ed_MA61, Allan, YelloRolla et al)

Cheers

Michael B

[Updated on: Tue, 24 August 2004 10:48]

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7M & HKS MHG Tue, 24 August 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no way should it of leaked a stock gasket with o rings!!!! something is VERY wrong! check the ring grove make shure the rings sit level and post pics damn it!!!

Allan
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 7M & HKS MHG Wed, 25 August 2004 09:18 Go to previous message
Allan the stock head gasket wasn't leaking as far as I know, but the usual water jacket on cyl5 started to collapse. How do you post pics in Tech & Conversions? Or should I just email you the pics?

[Updated on: Wed, 25 August 2004 09:19]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Microtech D5 Wiring Diagram Needed!!!
Next Topic:cams for 4age 16v
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 31 08:13:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0035619735717773 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.