Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
filofranz
Occasional Poster

August 2004
help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 11:48 Go to next message
where do i start.. first off, i dont have this car Confused tho i plan to..

here is what i plan to do;

4k to buy the car incl rego
4k for mods plus extras.. (is this enough for what i want?)

im kinda new to this car thing stuff, so im not too bright on what i should do or not be doing to a car in general..

- basically, i wanna replace the engine with a 4age engine. (would go for 4agze tho im not sure if it would cost more for insurance)
- get some new mags, muffler. (any good places?)
- repaint the bugger.. probably classic panda look (if its not already) or what do u guys think is a good colour for the ae86?
- most importantly.. audio (whats good to get)

anything else, please add.. thanks
also if anyone could give me prices, quotes, etc etc

Franz..
  Send a private message to this user    
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4k for the car + rego is doable.

4k for mods is severly short.

Considering an engine transplant, a paint job, rims + muffler, and you forgot to mention suspension. All this for 4k can be done.. but it will be really really dodgy and you'll be doing ALL the work yourself.

add another 2k for a trueno nose too! And 40 bux for a fujiwara sticker.

Also, maybe $300 for a fully sik jaycar setup so you can't blast out..

"Going to get to you, like a space boy! oh oh oh"
or better yet
"Initialiiiiise!!!... Customiiiiise! "

Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 25 August 2004 12:13]

filofranz
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cool, thanks for the tips

i know the engine & system is a for sure thing.. the others, is optional or will do later.

as long as everything is in tact and working i guess i can work on it later.

anyone else got ideas?..
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suspension
lsd + rear disc brakes
wheels
fix chassis (rust, bracing on front and back)
engine
then cosmetics and audio

dude, if your going to be making it "fully sik" with a stereo and subs and the rest (i get that vibe from your postm, no offence) , get an ae92, less work mechanically, newer car, not as rare to find panels WHEN you smash it and less likey to get knocked off.

an ae86 is not a poser car, it takes a lot of work, constantly fixing the 20 year old shit that breaks. its not a car for those who want to "cruz" with mates and blast the stereo. an ae86 is an enthusiast car. its main attraction is its handling when its given a good suspension setup.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 August 2004 13:00]

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude wtf? i just sold my LSD and coilovers cause the clanging noises was distroying my awesome sound quality that i got from my 4 15inch Subs in the hatch. The dvd player that pops out of the roof is an awesome touch when i listen to sik hip hop!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Wed, 25 August 2004 22:56

suspension
lsd + rear disc brakes
wheels
engine

Forget the $4,000 budget then.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 25 August 2004 23:31

ae86drift wrote on Wed, 25 August 2004 22:56

suspension
lsd + rear disc brakes
wheels
engine

Forget the $4,000 budget then.

Obviously. Rolling Eyes
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want a weapon... look at spending a total of 20k on the money grabbing whore...

if you want a daily driver with a bit of grunt (aka 4ag)... 5k to 10k
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im with ae86drift, ae92/sx/ae82twincam is the way to go or just go fully sick and get a vl or vn commodore and lower it, heap of space for gas conversion and subspace!

btw i dont even think 5-10k would be enough for a sprinter...
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Wed, 25 August 2004 22:26

suspension
lsd + rear disc brakes
wheels
engine

i can do this under 4K

susp - get some ford AU springs, cut them to fit the rear, open the shocks, fill them with thicker oil. Put some Cortina springs in the front. total cost $40

LSD - locker! weld it for 20 bucks or so

wheels - scam some silvia 15 inch rims. 100bucks there

fix chassis, get some tube steel and weld it in under the car, 40 bucks for that + fix the rust, KarFill is your friend. 30 bucks for 2 tins of that.

engine: advance the timing 20 degrees, buy some BP100 fuel, put a thin as oil in the 4ac, ditch the filter, drop the exhaust and fit new points. might see a few kw's for around 150 spent

Wink

guys im kidding!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shcao wrote on Wed, 25 August 2004 22:07

or better yet

Worst. Song. Ever.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked
ill take the silvia rims
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 25 August 2004 23:57

or better yet

Worst. Song. Ever.

makes me cringe.. every time.
filofranz
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm damn, but ae86 rocks!

about the mods (what ae86drift said), i know they're over my 4k budget but is that including labour from shops? or its still over even if its DIY? coz i got my cuz and his next door neighbour to help me out, which my cuz has experience in fixing up cars (and the fact that he's got an ae86 & ae92 lying in the backyard collecting dust, lol - dw, he's saving up for dosh to fix them up).. on top of that his neighbour is an ex-mechanic and he spends of his weekends in his garage.

if any of you guys can tell me how much each item would cost, it would help me alot - as i said im new to this..

well my other option is yeah, the ae92 & fix it up a little. ae86drift told me go with the hatch, ive seen some around in the trading post & others, and this nice one around my area, but wtf-kermit green paint! ..sigh..

if not, i could just get a car that works perfectly fine and not mod it watsoever - but whats the fun in that? Confused Confused Confused

keep in mind i have about 8k to spend on the car(w/ rego) + mods(or not). i could ask for more but i dont wanna end up paying too much back Razz Razz
filofranz
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
filofranz wrote on Thu, 26 August 2004 07:45

if not, i could just get a car that works perfectly fine and not mod it watsoever - but whats the fun in that? Confused Confused Confused

umm, would it be more convienient if i got a car thats already been mod'd but hopefully not so expensive?

or just screw the whole project and get an ae92 swap engine with 4age (i dont know, but would 4agze cost more for insurance rather the 4age?) sounds system, and watever else i can do with it?
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try 40k to build one from scratch Twisted Evil
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: help with ae86 Wed, 25 August 2004 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
filofranz wrote on Thu, 26 August 2004 07:53

filofranz wrote on Thu, 26 August 2004 07:45

umm, would it be more convienient if i got a car thats already been mod'd but hopefully not so expensive?

or just screw the whole project and get an ae92 swap engine with 4age (i dont know, but would 4agze cost more for insurance rather the 4age?) sounds system, and watever else i can do with it?

Dude if you get an AE92/3 SX/GTI they come standard with a 4A-GE, & yes a GZE will cost you much more for insurance,

Cheers,
gimmebo0st
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: help with ae86 Thu, 26 August 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sarpz franz.

meh. ne1 know if i can get any ae86 trueno/levin gt apex's for $3 - 4 grand total? that's including rego. as long it runs decent. i dont care about exterior.

thx.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: help with ae86 Thu, 26 August 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gimmebo0st wrote on Thu, 26 August 2004 22:47

sarpz franz.

meh. ne1 know if i can get any ae86 trueno/levin gt apex's for $3 - 4 grand total? that's including rego. as long it runs decent. i dont care about exterior.

thx.

WTF???

Anyways, back on earth, Franz, just buy an already modded Sprinter. Unfortunately the amount you spend on a car is rarely recouped, therefore it is much cheaper to get one that some poor bastard has already modded and expended dollars, blood and sweat on. I'm sure you can find something fairly decent for $8,000.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: help with ae86 Thu, 26 August 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gimmebo0st wrote on Thu, 26 August 2004 22:47

sarpz franz.

thx.

your never going to find one rego'd for that
ever.
filofranz
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: help with ae86 Thu, 26 August 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey thanks, i think i might just botch the whole project and go with a more earlier car that will last me as long as i can remember.. was thinking 323 astina, not sure yet as to what year. any suggestions? basically im looking above 1995/96 (hopefully) - but then is this the right forum i should be asking?

anyways, dont knock out gimmeboost Smile he's my lil cuz, not the one that owns the ae86 in the backyard; he's older..

btw if any u guys know of any other cars that i could get for 10kish, would be appreciated to get some info. no need to fix up or anything, as long as it gets me from a to b w/o probz..

other than that, anyone know stock price of 1997 323 astina?

thanks for ur input guys..
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: help with ae86 Thu, 26 August 2004 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.tradingpost.com.au

SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: help with ae86 Fri, 27 August 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing fwd Laughing
Tofuboi
Regular

November 2003

Re: help with ae86 Fri, 27 August 2004 14:58 Go to previous message

or better yet

/me screams and falls over...

Razz Sorry, just had to do that, I absolutly hate what they did to ID Razz Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Extractors, AE102 same as AE112???
Next Topic:What type of Battery for st185???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 16:54:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11434412002563 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.