Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $3500ono

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $3500ono Sun, 09 May 2004 10:58 Go to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=4313&rid=1781&S=3d5a9a13612c141b3957fa4e8c060d61

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=4314&rid=1781&S=3d5a9a13612c141b3957fa4e8c060d61

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=4315&rid=1781&S=3d5a9a13612c141b3957fa4e8c060d61

Standard diff with rebuilt brakes
Full Nolathane bushings
New ball joints throughout
Oversize brake master cylinder
1000amp battery leads
boot mounted battery
dash mounted circuit breaker
82 GT Celica steering wheel
New dash pad
new carpets
lead lined heat and noise shield
tinted windows
new windscreen seals front and rear
GT Grill
GT rear hatch release
GT handbrake console
inlayed door handles
rekeyed locks
fluted fenders
colour coded chrome mouldings

Car has been set up for tarmac road rallies and motorkhana type events. Still needing attention are front seats (have previously sold the buckets I had in there!), and a general panel and paint cleanup (car has been used since it came out of the panel shop!), will consider doing these itams for an adjusted price around the $3500ono I'd currently like for the car. Please note, this car comes incomplete and without registration (I've handed the plates in as I've sold the driveline, and will keep the car for a future project, if it doesn't sell as is, or parts thereof)
If you'd like a quick reply, call me on 0403 733 054, if you are interested?!

Clint!

Attachment: RA28 RF
(Size: 95.45KB, Downloaded 2284 time(s))
Attachment: RA28rear
(Size: 95.19KB, Downloaded 1178 time(s))
Attachment: RA28LF
(Size: 87.13KB, Downloaded 1145 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 28 August 2004 16:16]

Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell Sun, 09 May 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More photos!

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=4316&rid=1781&S=3d5a9a13612c141b3957fa4e8c060d61

Attachment: RA28interior
(Size: 95.74KB, Downloaded 1096 time(s))

[Updated on: Sun, 09 May 2004 11:45]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell Sun, 09 May 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=4313&rid=883&S=a8b3185b52be0a5764fc6c81c471f341
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell Mon, 10 May 2004 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couldnt sell the car as a whole i take it?It was an absolute beaut b4, still is. Would loved to have been able to afford it with the 1ggte in it. GL with the sale mate
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell Tue, 11 May 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was a 3tgte in it before i believe

but yes still a damn fine example and another car that makes me wish i had money and space
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell Wed, 12 May 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, it had a 3TGTE in there, but this has been sold to a lucky fellow in Brisbane. My plans are either to sell it as is, or seriously look at just selling the bare or stripped roling shell, as my plans for any future incarnation revolve around another full rebuild with many and varied modifications!
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell Tue, 18 May 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMN
That is beautiful.
No rust i take it.
And as many will probably say, i wish i had the money for it.
*free bump*
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell Tue, 18 May 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What parts were taken from the car mate - to ask a stupid question ..

Just the engine block + ancilleries or the ECU , loom , fuel pump etc etc to get the 3tgte running as well ..

If it still has the fuel pump and is as good as what you say - its not a bad buy at all !

bonethug
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell Tue, 18 May 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it hav the plastic between the back lights? all orignal dash/interior?any bog? interested
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell Thu, 20 May 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The complete engine package was/is being removed from the car, ie, the motor and turbo, crossmembers, ancilleries, loom and computer, and fuel pumps, filters and surge tank. I do have spare bits and pieces, so if someone needs something specific included with the car, all they need to do is ask?!

Bonethug, the plastic centre panel between the lights is still there, it has simply been filled smooth and painted in the same body colour (Berger Straight White Tinter - you need sunglasses to wash the car!!!). the car was originally red, and was stipped to a bare shell for a full rebuild. The white respray was done as a bare body respray approximately ten years ago, and in that ten years it has only done around 30 000Kms. Yes, you could also strip the paint off all the original chrome bits and rechrome, there is no bog in the bumpers, light garnishes, or original chrome trims (there is filler in the centre panel thought to bring it level where the badges normally sit).

The interior is all original aside from the plush pile carpets, I have the original style loop pile too in the shed. The door exterior door handles and flutes in the fenders are custom jobbies, as is the centre aerial. Other small custom things like moving water channels you'll never notice, so I won't go into them here! Mechanically, the struts are upgraded, as is most of the driveline remaining - you can read the top post to see the changes made. There is a tiny bit of rust in the Right lower sill panel, where the quarter panel meets the sill panel just below the rear edge of the door. It's smaller than a 10 cent piece - this popped out about 3 years after rebuild and has never got any bigger or broken through the paint. I'm happy to have this repaired professionally if it is a sticking point?!

As for price, I've asked for offers around $3500, and while I am moderately negotiable on this, I'm not going to give the car away, and will also let everyone know, I'm not desperate to sell it either, if people think they can get if for $1500 cos it's no longer complete, think again. That said, if it interests you but you have further questions, feel free to post here, or PM me with them?!

Clint

[Updated on: Sat, 28 August 2004 16:18]

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell Mon, 24 May 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will also consider parting the car out, starting with the mechanical components, if anyone is chasing anything MECHANICAL at the moment?!?

Clint
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell Mon, 14 June 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More bits sold and price reduced!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell Tue, 29 June 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bumpity bump!
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $4000ono Thu, 01 July 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what other bits have you sold from the car ?!

Brendon
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $4000ono Thu, 01 July 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have updated the list in the first post, this gives a run down of everything still availble and included on the car as it stands at the moment. All I have sold from the car so far has been the engine/gearbox package, the conversion kit to suit 3TGTE into RA28, the front seats (has a set of standard seats with covers on them), and the front struts (it currently has a standard set of struts in there to keep it's nose off the ground). Also available and recommended are a set of KMAC Springs for the front and rear - these would round the suspension off nicely. Once again, the springs have just been repowdercoated, as I was gearing up to sell the springs and sway bars off seperately.

I'll also add, I'm quite willing to add or take from the list to suit your requirements too.
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $4000ono Thu, 01 July 2004 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Clint
I like your 1/4s !

Willing to part them out Smile

Do you get money back over here whn you hand your plates in ??

thanks,
Cam
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $4000ono Fri, 02 July 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Front or rear quarters?!!!? Yes you can get a license refund por rata, but you have to ask for the refund form, they won't offer it to you!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $4000ono Thu, 19 August 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got alot of "Gee it's really nice but I don't want to spend that much on it" comments over the last few weeks, so I'd thought I'd put up a few pics of an area I've been working around from the car. Compare the cost of repairing rust, doing body work and spraying a car to what I have offered those people looking for RA28's in good condition?! I've removed the LH fender to pull out the 3TGTE wiring loom without damaging it, and was absolutely delighted with what I didn't find - rust.

The fender was put on in the panel shop probably some time around late 1993, and has never been taken off. upon starting to pull the fender off, I was greated with the smell of fishaleen (Sp?) - this was sprayed copiously into the car at the end of 1993 and left to sit for three months while it oozed out of everywhere. I'll add this was done with the non deodourised liquid style Fishaleen, and the car sat in my Parents garage for that time - something they were not impressed with!!! As expected I found lots of little stones and road dirt, but no rust, check the photos out!

This first phot is taken inside the cabin looking up to the windscreen, a common area for rust in RA28's, while somewhat hard to make out, you can see there is no rust anywhere:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6160

this phot is of the passengers footwell area, as covered by the fender dogleg. I'f you look closely you can see the butt welded repair panel installed in 1993, still there, still rust free:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6161

This shot is of the under side of the LH fender, again, never touched since repaired, fluted and installed in 1993:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6162

I'm looking to do a few more things regarding the car, so will offer:

Mandrel bent 3" exhaust,
Plush pile carpets and underlay,
Full steering and suspension components, bushes and ball joints, including custom made Polyurethane items like the steering coupling,

for sale at this time. As always the whole package is still on offer as in the first post, but will happily sell these items off seperately. All those items have done around 30 000Kms or less, and all are in excellent condition.

Attachment: DSC00207.JPG
(Size: 41.80KB, Downloaded 352 time(s))
Attachment: DSC00208.JPG
(Size: 43.88KB, Downloaded 347 time(s))
Attachment: DSC00209.JPG
(Size: 43.98KB, Downloaded 341 time(s))

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $3500ono Sat, 28 August 2004 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More stuff sold, and thus price reduced!
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $3500ono Sun, 29 August 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what in the original list is now not being sold with the car?

And what do you mean by "general panel and paint cleanup"?
Any small dents scratches, etc?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $3500ono Sun, 29 August 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The list at the top of the page is always up to date, ie, everything listed there will be sold with the car. If you don't want something included in that list, let me know, I'll remove it and adjust the price accordingly.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $3500ono Sun, 29 August 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, ok.
Any chance of a photo from outside looking into the hatch area and one of the empty engine bay?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $3500ono Thu, 02 September 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can do better than that my friend!!!:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6400

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6401

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6399
Please note, the car will come with a standard RA style engine crossmember, the TA item in the photo has been sold. Also to be removed from the car will be the fuel lines, as these were also sold (they're 5/16" and were sold as part of a complete conversion kit for a 3TGTE into RA28).

Attachment: Bare Enigne Bay.JPG
(Size: 46.05KB, Downloaded 164 time(s))
Attachment: Rear Interior.JPG
(Size: 43.08KB, Downloaded 165 time(s))
Attachment: Inside Rear.JPG
(Size: 43.06KB, Downloaded 167 time(s))

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $3500ono Thu, 02 September 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And more:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6403

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6404

Attachment: Chassis recess.JPG
(Size: 43.74KB, Downloaded 162 time(s))
Attachment: Inside Rear minus Interior.JPG
(Size: 42.32KB, Downloaded 164 time(s))

djbourboncan
Regular

August 2004
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $3500ono Thu, 02 September 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that front bumper white or chrome ?...hard to tell from the light shining off it, it looks chrome but you said colour coded chrome

one more question what was the paint used to paint the car ?? was it just laquer ?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: 1977 RA28 Celica Complete Rolling Shell $3500ono Thu, 02 September 2004 10:23 Go to previous message
Yes, the front bumper in the pics is chromed, not colour coded. the original coded bumper was paint damaged many years ago, and in a rush to get it ready for a rally - I simply put this one on, and it stayed there ever since. Unfortunately the coded bumper was given to a past friend for trialling, upon which he cut it up into three pieces, so it's no longer alive.

The paint was straight white Tinter. It wasn't mixed at all, just simply poured from the pot into the gun, and it's acryllic, so easily repaired.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS COROLLA KE30/55 CHEAP
Next Topic:Toyota Sera
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 18:16:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006505012512207 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.