Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3sge - gte g/box spline HELP

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
icon4.gif  3sge - gte g/box spline HELP Mon, 30 August 2004 09:33 Go to next message
hey guys, need some help, bought a 185 motor, puttin the standard 3sge box onto it, exedy's clutch for the 185 is a 21 spline female, the g/box is a 20 spline, how have the rest of u gt2's done it???? can i take a spline outta a gt4 box and put it in the 3sge box? any suggestions, has any of what i said made sense?????????
  Send a private message to this user    
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3sge - gte g/box spline HELP Mon, 30 August 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i got a new clutch as i was going from auto to manual, and the clutch was screwed on the half cut. I would say either use the clutch off the 3sge box or get the splines off the GT4 changed.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 3sge - gte g/box spline HELP Tue, 31 August 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if your using your original box I would just get a heavy duty 3sge clutch, if you wanna use the camry box I think they are a 21 spline (not sure on that maybe check it out), or get a custom clutch made, they usually cost about $600 odd bucks. I don't know if you'll be able to swap the splines in the box, maybe ask 3sge_man what he did cause he had a 185 motor with the original 162 box, I am actually using the gt4 box so I just use the gt4 clutch.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: 3sge - gte g/box spline HELP Tue, 31 August 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The spline on the gearbox only has to match the spline on the clutch plate.
So I'd go to a clutch place and just show them the old clutch & tell them you wantthe same thing but with 20 splines instead of 21 & see what they come up with.
Better than splitting your box open.
SXY184
Regular

January 2004
Re: 3sge - gte g/box spline HELP Mon, 06 September 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey if ya in or near sydney and using the stock 3SG box, call or go see Western Clutch at St marys and quote these numbers..
Tyc-572
Tyd-2320202
f53 454
this is what im using and the pedel is great , no slip , its a good package, bout 650 lbs of clamping pressure!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 3sge - gte g/box spline HELP Mon, 06 September 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take it easy on that gearbox btw cause it won't last very long...when I mean easy, I mean, drive very sedately/smoothly. Not that you can't go fast though...
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 3sge - gte g/box spline HELP Thu, 09 September 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flat out. gotcha
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: 3sge - gte g/box spline HELP Thu, 09 September 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 09:40

Take it easy on that gearbox btw cause it won't last very long...when I mean easy, I mean, drive very sedately/smoothly. Not that you can't go fast though...

Rolling Eyes it's not as bad as what your thinking.. my g/box is holding up fine and i give it heaps Wink

sleeka162, i had a custom clutch made up by daikin so that the splines would match.this is for a sv21 s53 box.it's the same thing thou.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: 3sge - gte g/box spline HELP Thu, 09 September 2004 09:47 Go to previous message
forget to say, u can use a standard 3sge clutch plate, but the plate/disc has a smaller diameter. u will lose about 8mm of clamping.(thats how much smaller the disc is).This will still work but obviously not good.
I thought i could buy a gt4 clutch plate because the disc would match properly, but the spline is wrong. what u need to do is get a clutch that has the centre part(spline) off a 3sge, matched with the disc of a gt4/mr2. that what i did. got it from daikin and i got it cheap for $400.

hope this helped Smile keep us updated on your conversion.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Axle and strut straightening
Next Topic:can you fit a bov to a gze
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 04:06:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044219493865967 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.