Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Which Oil?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Which Oil? Thu, 02 September 2004 07:08 Go to next message
ok i need to change my oil, ill be suing a OEM Toyota filter, but im not sure what oil to use

ive got 188,000 KMS on the engine (116,817.75 Miles). car runs fine, no leaks, dunno wot oil its running ATM coz i bought it from a car yard, that bought it from a subaru dealer, that took it as a trade in.

so yer, pretty much got no idea on what i should be using, prolly something a little on the thicker side coz ma engines done some k's, pure synthetic, 10w30? 15w50?

whatever it is i want it to have that shit in it that makes it polarized and sticks to ur bearings and shit (Ester)

anywayz cheers for the help dudes later
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Which Oil? Thu, 02 September 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only oil I know that claims to do that is Castrol Magnatec. On their website, they would recommend it for your car. It's 10w40, and semi-synthetic.
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: Which Oil? Thu, 02 September 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
semi boooo

even if it doesnt do it.....what weight etc u rekon?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Which Oil? Thu, 02 September 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See what the oil companies recommend for your car dude, they usually have application charts.
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: Which Oil? Thu, 02 September 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmm 5w 30 apparently......was thinking a bit thin though *scratches head*
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Which Oil? Thu, 02 September 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say 5W is too thin. I've read a few reviews of those polarised oils and I wouldn't bother.

I use a 10W40 Motul oil (TurboLight 4100), and I'd recomend the same.

What year and model is your car? I'm getting very interested in GT4's. I was wondering how reliable they are and what insurance costs are etc. Got any info on the engine? Which engine option and car model is the best?

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2004 07:42]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Which Oil? Thu, 02 September 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah? 5W30 does seem a bit thin.
I use 15W50 semi synthetic in mine with no dramas.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Which Oil? Fri, 03 September 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COSIDERING THE KAYS U HAVE DONE , USE A THICKER OIL LIKE 15 OR 20W

PENRITE IS A GOOD BRAND
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Which Oil? Fri, 03 September 2004 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On a separate note.

Saw you car parked on East Ave last week. I live just near the Goodie Oval. car looked like it needed a wash Laughing

Needs to be dumped a little, but looks great

Cheers

Michael B
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Which Oil? Fri, 03 September 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used Penrite HPR 30 - 20w50 oil in my 7mge and it runs perfect!

[Updated on: Fri, 03 September 2004 01:07]

Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: Which Oil? Fri, 03 September 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 09:58

On a separate note.

Saw you car parked on East Ave last week. I live just near the Goodie Oval. car looked like it needed a wash Laughing

Cheers

Michael B

thats the front of my house dude! u'd live like 10 mins walk Laughing

yer i went and did some dirt driving / rallying that week Very Happy up the back of murray bridge, got washed on sunday

needs to be dumped bad i know

ended up going with some 15w50 Motul 6100 synergie in the end.....semi synthetic supposed to be good shit....all the full synthetics were too thin

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Which Oil? Fri, 03 September 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FYI Guys when oil's weight is listed as XW-Y X is the viscosity when cold (i.e. at startup) and Y is viscosity when hot.

It is all based on the oils characteristics at a certain temperature. e.g. a 10W50 oil has the viscosity of a 10 weight oil when cold and a 50 weight oil when hot.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Which Oil? Fri, 03 September 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beej wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 14:02

On a separate note.

Cheers

Michael B

Not quite 10 minutes, try about 6 min 45 sec.

Will have to try and catch up one day Smile
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: Which Oil? Fri, 03 September 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 15:38

Beej wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 14:02

On a separate note.

Cheers

Michael B

Not quite 10 minutes, try about 6 min 45 sec.

Will have to try and catch up one day Smile

yer no worries, just touch the car next time, it'll go off and ill run out Laughing
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: Which Oil? Mon, 06 September 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey buddy,
Saw your car on North Tce on Sat. night!! Mine was the other white Celica if you ever saw me. Looks good man. As for oils, depends on how much you wanna spend. I use and recommend Mobil 1 with 5W-50 or if you think its too thin than Motul makes 10w-40 with their 3000V. Both are excellent and you can get the Motul from Autosport along Magill rd. Bang for your buck tho and Castrol's Magnetec is apparently pretty good stuff. Mobil 1 is fully synthetic as is Motul, Magnetec is, as mentioned b4, part synthetic. Price, Mobil 1 @ $60.00 for 5L, Motul at $45 for 4L, Magnetec is $29 for 5L. Your car is 3S-GTE right? K&N also makes oil filters for them and is very good. They cost $20 from OG Speed shop, ordering takes a week and is cheaper than anwhere else. Very nice people. Good luck and if you see some fool (me) start shouting at ya when you drive, its me just saying hello,
tomartom
Regular

June 2004
Re: Which Oil? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use a 5/30 in the Camry 3vz-fe, has 240,000 kms, does not burn that much oil that it is noticable between oil changes (10,000km) Admitedly the car does does only country miles but still runs clean, and very happy. I used FUCHS sythetic last change because it was on special, but otherwise use Castrol "R" Synthetic 5/30 for around $40.

regards tony
GSF1200
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: Which Oil? Mon, 06 September 2004 23:38 Go to previous message
This is the best oil I have found. Some V8 Supercar teams use it. It is not a synthetic oil. "ULX110" most late model toyota donks use 10w30. Three years of oil samples confirms it. There is a bloke on the Gold Coast that sells it. I will post his number if anyone interested.

Web site is not good but explains tech details.
http://www.ulx110.com/ Check Dyno charts, the charts comparing Mobil One were done in Aussie
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:converting 4AGE to Weber Quad Throttle Bodies
Next Topic:1jz auto shift kit help!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 10:02:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073471069335938 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.