Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Loco
Regular

November 2003
Loco's Supra Wed, 01 September 2004 23:36 Go to next message
RobST162 was nice enough to take some pics of my ride and host them for me while I was staying at his place (cheers for that dude Smile ):

http://img33.exs.cx/img33/4781/supra2.jpg

http://img33.exs.cx/img33/1618/supra3.jpg

Bought her over a year ago through a private sale. The guy had imported it from Japan himself a few months earlier, stock as and with 55,000 on her (1993 JZA80 2JZ-GE).

From there I added the Bomex front bar, Veilside sides and rear pods. Picked up the 18x9.5 rears / 18x8.5 fronts pearl white AVS from a mate in Adelaide (SpecS15) after he launched his 200SX into a tree at 100+. (Had them tested at Bridgestone after the accident and they okd em).

Upgraded the brakes to a set of 4 vented/slotted DBA rotors, EBC blackstuff pads on the rears, greenstuff on the front. Nuked my clutch not long ago Razz and upgraded to a single plate heavy duty Xtreme clutch (5 button).

Done some bits and pieces in terms of interior Sparco pedals, Greddy shifter nothin special.

Next up operation get boost. (Dynoed at 115rwkw a while back in Adelaide at the PSi dyno day - dead stock).

Need to find a place to do some touch up work on her kit soon too.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2004 00:06]

Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Loco's Supra Wed, 01 September 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this car is nice Wink
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Loco's Supra Thu, 02 September 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ-GTE conversion!
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Loco's Supra Fri, 03 September 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmmmmm. Beautiful car dude. I am jealous. Smile
Loco
Regular

November 2003
Re: Loco's Supra Fri, 03 September 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers guys Very Happy

I'm sure both the Sily-car of Fury and the MKIII of Death will be back on the streets in NO time.

Go the 1J hey Danish? Hmmm...

Hope Adelaide is rockin along still dude.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Loco's Supra Fri, 03 September 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the other hand Loco, don't do it, you'd save yourself lots of headaches and thousands of dollars.

Buy a nice house instead Smile Most chick's don't know the difference between turbo and non turbo.
sharif123
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: Loco's Supra Fri, 03 September 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet as supra dude. im lookin to get one as well. how are they? is it difficult to get a stock supra and just get a single turbo conversion....cos i really want a turbo mkIV!
Loco
Regular

November 2003
Re: Loco's Supra Sun, 05 September 2004 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danish - tell me about it.

sharif123 - 99% of people will tell ya to just get a twin-turbs straight away (and they're probablr right Razz) if you're keen for boost, but I didn't have the extra $$$s at the time to afford a TT (an extra $8,000 to $10,000 depending).

I picked mine up as a stock N/A in great condition at a really good price thru a private sale. From there, I built it up bit by bit when I had the cash / time - the kit, clutch, brakes etc.

In the long run, it would probably work out cheaper picking up a 2JZ-GTE (the twin-turbo version), but I've learned heaps about my car researching how I plan to boost it.
reddy sx
Regular

November 2003
Re: Loco's Supra Tue, 07 September 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This car is very nice, i envy ur ride Smile
Loco
Regular

November 2003
Re: Loco's Supra Tue, 07 September 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. Gotta organise a cruise soon - With Rob's Silly Car back on the road, Andi3z Supra in full workin mode, my car finally here and Steve's new death machine (niiiiiiice bro), there's gonna be some SERIOUS fun! Razz
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Loco's Supra Tue, 07 September 2004 05:20 Go to previous message
hewl yeah

I feel slow Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Drift bonnet! AE86
Next Topic:ae92 levin gt apex!!!
Goto Forum: