Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ms_SILYCAR
Regular

I supported Toymods

January 2004

Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 06:55 Go to next message
Hey guys and girls.. Just though I would write this out and see what kind of responce i would get from it...
This was on Nova the other day and It should be in adelaide fairly soon...
Hoon Drivers:
For the first hooning offence the government will impound your car for 3 days, for the second offence it will be 3 months and for the third... they get to keep your car!!!!!

What the hell is the government on??? I'd chain my self to my car before that happens... the government has gone too far with proposing this.... Hooning is part of australian culture. Mad

what you guys reckon??
Im going to Japan none of these BS laws over there!!!

- Stef
  Send a private message to this user    
Nomercy
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Government can go suck my balls. Jack up our fuel. Cops are picking on the stupidest things on cars, Johnny Howard spending our money to keep his eyebrows frilly.

They can all go get stuffed and shove it where the moon dont shine.

They wanna impound my car, then go ahead, but then ill just have to do something back to them to compensate my loss. They have no right to take away anyones car.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so this means that instead of getting a 'losing control of vehicle' fine, for sliding the car, u will get a hooning fine instead?

imo thats fucked, i was quite happy paying $90/time!

i can see 3 day impound not being major, then maybe they could increase it to a month for consequent offences.... but forever?!! No No No
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those cunts have no idea how to address these kind of issues. People are always gonna drive their cars hard and do slides and burnouts. If they stopped changing roads to be more dangerous to 'hoons' and provided more tracks and shit for people to drive on or just areas that people can go do burnouts or slides or whatever, people will leave the streets and not have to hassle residents. There will be less road accidents and resident complaints. Heftier fines will only attract more anger imo.

Seven of GAFFiO
Regular

July 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I agree with 4ageeza.. They are never gonna stop the "hooning". They need to give us areas to go to do such thing, Sure it wont completly stop "hooning" on the streets (Commies etc just done seem to understand the "time and place" thing)

First the come down hard on us at place like the City, Bay and random shopping centre carparks. So alot of us moved our "hooning" to the hills and country roads where the risk of injury/annoyance to innocent people is greatly reduced. They should be happy with this and help us out. But instead they are now starting to stalk us in the hills, with more cop cars out there, and hidden wheely bin cameras etc. they have no idea what they are doing.. just chasing out tails basically.

I beleive over in certain parts of Japan they let "hooners" do there work in certain industrial areas between 1am and 4am or what ever.. Now if this dousnt dramaticaly reduce the amount of "hooning" in public areas then I dont know what will.. appart from the 10 million drift/circut tracks they have over there the bastards Very Happy

We should get a partition going objecting to these impounding cars bullshit, and also contact some local MPs, I'm sure there would be some that would agree with us somehow and help back us up.

My 2 cents well spent
Graham
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the biggest danger with this whole thing is what are they going to class as hooning? If its upto the officers discretion than this can get real ugly and alot of victimisation can occur. Ofcourse the whole concept sucks in the first place, I am sure there should be something in the constitution that prevents seizing of property in this manner. Realistically its a totally hypocritical system, shouldnt they be taking your liscence away instead? Its not the car but the driver at fault. Guys hoist up the Soviet flag this sounds like Fucking Communism to me.
Seven of GAFFiO
Regular

July 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Guys hoist up the Soviet flag this sounds like Fucking Communism to me.

LOL!! ok thats gotta be the quote of the week Cool
Ms_SILYCAR
Regular

I supported Toymods

January 2004

Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who wants to come out with me and go get some crappy old cars and go be hoons... that way they can impound all the crappy cars and they wont have any room left for our good cars Razz
anyone in for this?!
Seven of GAFFiO
Regular

July 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PFFT
crappy old cars my ass
old cars have the soul.. new cars have the owners who have the cash to take them down to "insert your favorite tuner shop here" and get some work done..

Dont get me wrong, I love new cars, and one day hope to own a GT-Four or Supra.. but my heart and soul will allways be with the oldskool..

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wait, these laws aren't enforced yet are they?

I hate how we get treated as drivers, and being young only makes it worse... not to mention if a cop wanted to they could easily just pull any one of us over and claim that we were hooning Rolling Eyes

They need to stop with the BS and realise that not everyone has a car just to get from A to B.
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They use this system in queensland i think - the SA govenment is so crap they can't even think up their own bad ideas, they have to import them from queensland.

This is just to please a few miserable old fuckers who have nothing better to do than to write letters to the advertiser and the raa's membership magazine complaining about cars changing down gears to go through the roundabout near their house(this is true - someone wrote a letter whinging about this to the raa) and shit like that. I have a plan for these wankers when i get back to adelaide - i'm going to look some of these people up in the phone book and go visit them at 2am and throw a few burnouts so they know what hoon driving's really about. Anyone care to join me?

Thats my two cents worth also.

Drew.

PS: love the soviet flag quote too, nice work.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 11:38]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hafta say...I pity the poor soul that would attempt to come to my house and take away my GT4 keys. Having said that, I believe firmly in 'a time and a place' for crazy driving, and on the roads certainly isn't it, so I don't think I have much to worry about.

*however*

This law is complete and utter bullshit. I can't believe in this great country we have to resort to totalitarian power-trips like this. I do realise that something has got to be done about irresponsible car use, but this is not the way forward, it's completely unsustainable to develop such an antagonistic relationship between the police and the population.

I wish they'd stop focussing on the symptoms of the problem (drivers dying in high speed accidents) and start looking at the cause -> Completely ballsed ass-thugging fucked up shitty useless pathetic inoperable driver education.

Viva la revoluzione!

What's exceptionally dumb is that when cops are in a car chase - suddenly their driving isn't hooning anymore - and why's that? Apparently they are 'trained' to do so. Pfft...they aren't THAT well trained, I've seen what they go through.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've seen cops hooning, but thats probably ok in their eyes...

Like SoG said, we need designated area's for "hooning". It sucks that we're expected to drive like some model driver that simply does not exist, anywhere.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother driving when it's getting closer and closer to being illegal to drive.
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think there are a lot of stupid fools (commie drivers-commodore not communist Laughing ) who, as stated previously don't understand time or place and just be wankers and endanger the public (*thinks to that story of the commo driver that did a snakie off the lights and almost hit oncoming traffic*)that ruin it for everyone who go and do slightly more irrisponsible things but think about the wellbeing of the general public. i.e. goin down to regency in the early hours of the morning when it is totally unpopulated and empty of workers or people to reduce risk/noise to them.

There definately needs to be some proaction to give people places to do these activities (drifting, burnouts) then they wont use the street (as much).

It seems simple but i think the govenment is just like those old wankers that complain about you driving above 2km/h past their house, they just think young people out enjoying their cars are purposefully trying to 'endanger the public' with no regard for anything. Its what happens and most people are smart enough to go somewhere out of the way because we are considerate of other people, there are just those who give the considerate ones a very bad reputation
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This rule just came in in WA

The govt doesnt realise how many high speed chases there will be
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm far more worried about how the law will be enforced... and by who. The police will probably be given the power to impound a car whenever they want.

This worries me a lot. I have no trust for traffic cops, and no respect for them.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 06 September 2004 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We definitely need to have more safe venues to enjoy our cars. As it stands, the government is only interested in making money from anyone who tries to have a bit o' fun with their car (or motorcycle). The problem is that motorsport is generally considered to be a privately run/funded activity and hence receives almost no support or encouragement from the government. In fact there are so many ridiculous laws and wads of paperwork to go through to even have fun with a car privately that I can understand why there aren't so many venues.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Impounding Cars Tue, 07 September 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey...they can make skateparks for all the dole bludger kids out there to keep them away from shopping centers...

make us a couple more tracks...maybe one in lonsdale, and one in the northern suburbs...

that'll keep us off the streets. i'd rather pay $20 to 'hoon' around on a track for a couple hours than get booked/defected for sliding across 3 lanes of main north road just off diagonal road to get in front of traffic not that i'd know... Confused
GEM13B
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Tue, 07 September 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we need a voice that can be heard and speak for us. i suggest every car nut (4,6's, v8's, rotas, everyone) to band together, forget your differences and fight a common enemy, the government. time to start protesting and shit, get some tv coverage, write to the pollies, petitions etc. we are the people that those bastards are suposed to be serving, instead of their own pockets. its time for a revolution cause if shit keeps going the way it is then we wont have a choice in what we want to drive soon enough.

if it gets to that stage then i can think of a hundred other places to live. stuff this country.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Impounding Cars Tue, 07 September 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All we need is a bunch of people to start the movement... getting people loyal to different brands of car together isn't going to be easy Razz

But I think it's a good idea for every car enthusist to get out there and show our pathetic government that we do have a voice, and just need someone to hear us!

EDIT: Steve, thats a great idea about the lonsdale track... that's close to me, i'd go ever weekend if I could afford it Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 07 September 2004 02:38]

Ms_SILYCAR
Regular

I supported Toymods

January 2004

Re: Impounding Cars Tue, 07 September 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the copz are gonna have some major issues with this topic coz i mean seriously.. who in their right mind is every gonna give their keys up for one and 2.... Who the hell would let a cop or an official drive their car.. the cops could probably thrash your car harder than what you do yourself....
f*ck the coperz i say! im lucky i know and am friends with most the night copz round here!!!
furbypimp
Regular

September 2003
Re: Impounding Cars Tue, 07 September 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahah im down to watch burnouts out the front of the people houses that complain...
hey i would be down at a track all the time..haha open up the raaf base airport once a week or fortnight that be alright:D
or some where out of the way like out virginia way there some nice land out there.. hmms lonsdale is a travel for me espeically movin out to riverton but i would still go down n have some fun in my car haha:D
hmmms the driving of cops in high speed chases is awfull..when a
none worked gemini can out run a vy commie through the backstreets and the gemini being drivin by a 15year old..
hmms u really gotta think who is training the cops.
surely the power of the vy should kill the gemini..
with this new law its gonna just cause more accidents more high speed chases..people will drive faster and harder just to get away from cops so there car dosnt get taken away.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Impounding Cars Tue, 07 September 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id happily drive for over an hour to visit a cheap track, than go to jms corner which is 5mins from my house...

also id rather go to prison for a month than have my car impounded indefinately
Seven of GAFFiO
Regular

July 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Tue, 07 September 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

that'll keep us off the streets. i'd rather pay $20 to 'hoon' around on a track for a couple hours than get booked/defected for sliding across 3 lanes of main north road just off diagonal road to get in front of traffic not that i'd know...

That sorta detail only comes from experiance my friend Razz

Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 10 September 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm up for impounding pos cars steff, just a under $100 gemmi every pay and soon enough there will be no room for anything else, i am also sure there will be a fair few commodores in there as they always get busted for being 'hoons' so with all them holdens in there there will be no room for toyotas.
Seven of GAFFiO
Regular

July 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 10 September 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Regarding this topic being moved: I dont see how it has more to do with "general car talk" than South Australia, considering almost ever where else has these rules allready and we were discussing it being applied in South Aust..

But oh well cant complain Smile
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 10 September 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Other things to think about are
- Where do the cars stay? out in open/under cover etc.
- Where do keys stay?
- what happens if damage happens to car while impounded etc.

I know for sure that i wouldn't let my car be impounded. I found it hard to let my brother drove the mr2 let alone someone i don't know or respect!. Theres a few power tripping cops here that i know would take advantage of this rule if i was brought in here.

Seven of GAFFiO: heheh give up dude, I have the same prob in vic section Confused
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 10 September 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solution: james bond flipping style lisence plates and a fast car Laughing
this is serious bullshit though wouldnt be surprised if ACA shows a pro government approach to this showing some old grannie complaining some guy did a burnout infront of her house 10 or so years ago
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 10 September 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had my first celica impounded for three months and when I got it back the new battery that was init was goooone and a shit flat one was given to me in return
That is I quote the famous words from RUNNING ON EMPTY

YOU CAN CATCH ME COPPERS!!

BEN
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 10 September 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nomercy wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 17:20

Government can go suck my balls. Jack up our fuel. Cops are picking on the stupidest things on cars, Johnny Howard spending our money to keep his eyebrows frilly.

Permed once a week Razz

I think NSW has had that for a while, coz i remember hearing that after your 3rd ofence they keep your car and sell it at an auction Twisted Evil
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 10 September 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as it goes, no pig will sit behind my wheel.
if they wanna impound my car, they'll have to unwrap it from around a tree first, thats the only way I'd give up my car to them.

Hoon laws are complete bullshit, if you wanna stop it, provide it in a controled situation, like was said.. they did it with skaters.. Ok, there is the point of dickheads in Holdens tankslapping around corners in the middle of traffic, if it was dead of night it would be different.. its called being responsible and knowing when you can fuck about.
some people don't know how or when to.

THey need to provide a way to do those sort of things, either that, or take all the holdens/fords off the road and watch the hoon rate drop Razz

i like either option.. otherwise i'm gonna be drifting across some coppers front lawns with my plates on upside down Razz
hehehe
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 10 September 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You only get one chance in nsw on your second they take and sell it
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 10 September 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol this thread is piss funny

da copperz r nevah g0nna get me in ma ride, fukn pigz fukn cuntz, letz see dem try...

so much hot air so much entertainment, keep it up guys. Laughing
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 10 September 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats way to harsh ehh Mad . i think the law started here in townsville because ppl in their bombadores and falcons were hooning down this multi million dollar beach project they just built called the strand. its absolute bullshit i reckon.

what happens if you turn of a hidden switch that the cops dont know about?? how are they supposed to take ure car away then if the power is shut down? buti wouldnt want my car taken away by some tow truck driver hick.

i'd say sorry not happenin officer, im part of the car so u will have to impound me to Laughing
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 13 September 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like the new "stolen generation" to me.

Forget about they took my kids - they wanna take my car.
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 13 September 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 13 September 2004 19:58

Sounds like the new "stolen generation" to me.

Forget about they took my kids - they wanna take my car.

hahahahahahaha
that may indeed be the funniest thing i've heard all week!!!!!!! Laughing
and yes, all the things suggested before would be a much better idea than what is happening to us..
there is NF way that i am letting a copper drive my car, they are some of the worst drivers around.
there is one senior pig around my town that has flipped 2 of the old school turbo cordias off the same freeway over pass!! admittedly, too much power, not enough weight and no down force arnt a good mix on a bent overpass, but cmon, you would hope that he would learn the first time. Rolling Eyes
in the upcoming election, i will vote for any fucking polly that promises that they wont make bullshit laws regarding cars and hooning etc.
wat u reckon??
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Mon, 13 September 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Almost half of the Toyotas who died in custody and were investigated by the Toyota Deaths Royal Commission, had been removed from their families as tools of hoonship..." Said a spokesman for the People Insist Government Stole My Car (PIGS MC).

Hoons one of few minoirty groups that don't get some form of welfare. It's discriminatory. The government should give a $3000 project or conversion one time payment.

Of course there'd need to be means testing but surely....
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Impounding Cars Tue, 14 September 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 10 September 2004 21:20

lol this thread is piss funny

da copperz r nevah g0nna get me in ma ride, fukn pigz fukn cuntz, letz see dem try...

so much hot air so much entertainment, keep it up guys. Laughing

Got chashed by what I thought was a cop one night, turned out to be a mate. I'd rather die then give up my car!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Impounding Cars Tue, 14 September 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae95 wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 04:55

This rule just came in in WA

The govt doesnt realise how many high speed chases there will be

Excellent point. If they bring that in in nsw, and I've had my car impounded twice, come 3rd time I'm not pulling over.. end of story.
stocti
Regular

June 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Wed, 22 September 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this in yet?
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Thu, 23 September 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it is....

High speed chases here i come, they are not having my car for 48hrs let alone permanetly i will crash and burn before they get my car, if i can't have my car no one can i would sooner cover it in petrol and watch it burn than have some traffic pig driving off in it.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Impounding Cars Thu, 23 September 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a load of shit...
i try and keep my "hooning" to places where theres no-one around and obviously not in peak times
so last night at 9:30 pm i take off from the lights really fast(well.. spinning 1st and 2nd) and then hook into 3rd and let off at about 80 back to 60...
cop follows me all the way till i get out of my car and lock it up...
he flashes me and we have a chat..
he said "your on your p's? someone can lose alot of points for doing that".. went on a little bit longer before he drove off.. I was lucky.. and thats the best cop experience ive had..
but its a load of crap.. i was in no way anywhere where i could hurt anyone, hurt myself or bother anyone with noise.

only people who can drive my car are me and my step dad, i couldnt handle anyone else driving it, let alone the wreckless care it would get in hands of officers..
what about its brand new paint job, what if they fuck that up while its there.. do i get compensation?.. i bet not
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Thu, 23 September 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Thu, 23 September 2004 12:14

i try and keep my "hooning" to places where theres no-one around and obviously not in peak times
so last night at 9:30 pm i take off from the lights really fast(well.. spinning 1st and 2nd) and then hook into 3rd and let off at about 80 back to 60...

So you drive like that on the street and then wonder why they bring laws like this in???? You try to keep your hooning away from other people yet don't notice a cop in the area (was he hiding in traffic)??? They should take your car. Behaviour like that is what gives modified cars a bad name.

Callum
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Impounding Cars Thu, 23 September 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Purple_Beasty wrote on Thu, 23 September 2004 10:21

Jag7799 wrote on Thu, 23 September 2004 12:14

So you drive like that on the street and then wonder why they bring laws like this in???? You try to keep your hooning away from other people yet don't notice a cop in the area (was he hiding in traffic)??? They should take your car. Behaviour like that is what gives modified cars a bad name.

Callum

no.. thats what im saying.. there was no traffic what so ever in either direction.. i was the only one at the lights.. and there were no houses for atleast 500 metres from where i was..
he absolutely came from no-where..
the only thing i can think of is that he was parked in at the shopping center(which was closed).. or the pub next door..
either that or he was up the top of the hill.. i only went to about 80(if that) and dropped back to 60 and putted my way up the hill.. he might have been taking speed up the top of hill and when i went past did a u'ey..
I dont hoon anywhere where there is traffic.. or in peak periods..
but you cant tell me that if theres no housing around where u are.. no cars at all that u can visible see(or people for that matter) you would have a squirt?.. and its not like i maxxed it all the way out
cause i was in 3rd by about 70(2nd goes until 95) so i wasnt giving it anywhere near what i could

what i can understand would bring theses rules is not that, is stupid peopole being 'pro drifters' around busy corners and nearly taking people out(including almost hitting me... atleast 5 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 23 September 2004 00:43]

Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Thu, 23 September 2004 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was illegal, you know its illegal, you know the penalties.
You weigh up the odds of getting caught before you you do it and decide if your willing to take that penalty. If your not willing to do the time don't do the crime, then you won't have to worry about whether your paint might get damaged or who will drive your car.
I know people do these things on the street (I have on the odd occasion myself), but we are all grown ups here and (this is not directed at you personally, just an example) it just gets boring to hear people bitch about getting a speeding ticket for "only 20k's" over the limit when we all know the laws and if we don't we shouldn't be behind the wheel.
And for thoses guys who say "they will never get my car", try obeying the law and you should never have to find out if you can out run them.

Callum
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Thu, 23 September 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Callum the problem with this law is who is enforcing it there is no actual guide lines on a what being a hoon is, there if a cop felt like it he could impound your car for accelarating up to the speed limit quick, or even chirping gears during a gear shift, yes breaking the speed limit book me what ever i chose to do it but when a cop could take your car away just coz he/she feels like it is stupid.
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Impounding Cars Thu, 23 September 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose
I agree with you there, but the vast majority of people affected WILL be doing something wrong. This law has been in NZ for over a year now and of all the people complaining about losing there cars I have seen 1 possibly genuine case of the police oversteping the line (once you wade through all the normal bullshit). Really it is no different to any other law, if the cops want to get you they will but it rarely happens without you doing something wrong or pulling out a bad attitude when being picked up on something minor. Look at it this way, a cop could ticket you for X many k's over the limit without any proof and it is very hard to argue with. This would be much easier than taking your car as you are more likely to spend the time and money to fight then. If you were the cop what option would you take?
Note, the number of cops who would falsely ticket you is pretty low, you just hear a lot about them or people don't give all the facts.

Callum
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Thu, 23 September 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
purple_beast, i have a major problem with police i did i will admit a minor crime was harmless and was prank but i'm now facing a maximum penalty of life in prison this is the sort of BS cops do, would you send someone to prison or charge them with something that home invasions aren't seviour enough for when all they did was imitate someone ? (was not a police officer or anyone important which is a bad prank)
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Impounding Cars Thu, 23 September 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have no problems for getting picked up for speeding... thats fine, if i speed.. no worries, i deserve it.
as i stated above.. what happenned last night was a good experience ... but im stating i dont understand what harm it could do with no-one in the area or anything. and if it did get impounded it would be bullshit
fair enough if i sat there spinning my wheels around a corner of a busy shopping center with people..
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Thu, 23 September 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simple fact, If my car is being impounded I will let them arrest me before I give them the keys, and then they will be in contact with my lawyer, get this people, if they get you a third time they sell your car at auction to pay victims of crime!

what a load of crap, they will happily give the coppers SS Commodores at 55K each but they wont take cash out of thier won pocket to pay victims of crime, they are gonna use our cars to fund it!

Fuck that!
rollagrl
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 24 September 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a mate of mine (even though he drives a commodore) had his car confiscated last night in front of every1 for something he supposedly did a month ago that was reported 2 the police from ppl in a residential area..... I'm not saying what he did (if he did) is right but just warning every1 that if the cops can pin anything on you they will....
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 24 September 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is defenitely called for!

FUCKDAPOLICE
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 24 September 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's bullshit...they tried taking my rolla away 2 years ago for supposedly do burnouts etc etc a month earlier with a bunch of other cars Rolling Eyes (i admit i did) but if they have no proof other than a resident who reported your number plate, i dont think they can take it.

My excuse was that i was in an argument with some other driver and they must've reported me Very Happy

Cops was nice enough to let me off...
NutyMike
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 24 September 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hhah u guys got it easy they have certain boy racer laws here

A) Exaust no louder then factory
B) Instant fine watching illeagal races
C) Caught drifting butnouts "Sustained loss of traction" = atleast 600$ fine and loss of car for 30days

sux huh

most industrial ares have a 11pm cerfew to vehicles under 2.5 tonne i think cant do nuffin here

Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 24 September 2004 10:33]

bassy
Regular

July 2004
Re: Impounding Cars Fri, 24 September 2004 16:28 Go to previous message
Ay, what if i decide to take my mommy's car out for a burn. Are the going to impound that? This law is a load of fuckin shit. I heard its coming in on the 1st of jan 2005!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:white old skewl celica owner???
Next Topic:mr2 gearbox
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 26 19:02:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096890926361084 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.