Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Wed, 08 September 2004 02:15 Go to next message
Was just talkin to a mate, and he got me thinkin, I was there at Drift Nats, and was amazed when the D1 driver started doing cicle work while sitting on his door, but how the hell did he get the car going? cause he would have had to put his foot on the clutch or it would have stalled before he took off? don't tell me that thing was a freakin AUTO???

clear up my confusion???
Cheers!
-Whitchy-
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Wed, 08 September 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He put it in first, got the car moving, then climbed onto the door.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Wed, 08 September 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someof them climb on the door, car in gear and off,. then start it using the starter motor to move the car and get it running, then plant it.

ive tried it. its bloody hard!!!!!!!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Wed, 08 September 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the compression of the engine would keep thise cars moving!
Very Happy
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Wed, 08 September 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw some D1 drivers at the Calder a while ago doin the same thing, it was quite impressive especially when you have 3 of them doing circle work around each other with all different body parts out the windows.
I also have a mate who use to get out of the car and climb onto the bonnet and steer the car while yelling his head off, or he laid on top of the roof and did the same, he called it the "white whale". Absolutely stupid but also hilariously funny, only because we were going about 10km/h through residental areas with old people staring at him. But it nowhere matches the skill of the D1 drivers.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Wed, 08 September 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a video somewhere on the net that ive seen of someone doing the exact same thing as your friend except climbing out and getting on the roof of the car while its going about 50kph or soo... it then crashes in a pole.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Wed, 08 September 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 19:36

there is a video somewhere on the net that ive seen of someone doing the exact same thing as your friend except climbing out and getting on the roof of the car while its going about 50kph or soo... it then crashes in a pole.

Yeah ... that was a US pickup truck from recollection ...

There was also a vid of a Drift X-treme exhibition where the D1 drivers were doing the same thing - except there was this nutter in a cream S13 Silvia convertible with 180SX front end who'd jump in and out of the car as it kept running ... at one point the car gets away from him but he just runs back into the thing.

Funny stuff that ... Very Happy
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Wed, 08 September 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
links to vids?
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Thu, 09 September 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got the last vid on my computer somehwere, the skills/balls those guys have is amazing!
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Thu, 09 September 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought i was doin ok drifting with the door open trick..i have learnt alot Shocked
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Thu, 09 September 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 19:36

Link please
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Thu, 09 September 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut there's a link to the video on www.kontraband.com

just a website that posts random funny vids, pics, games and blah
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Thu, 09 September 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pr1nce wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 19:38

AE86slut there's a link to the video on www.kontraband.com

just a website that posts random funny vids, pics, games and blah

Thanks champ......
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Thu, 09 September 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Post the direct link, I cant be arsed looking for it. Razz
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How did the D1 guy do circles while sitting on his door? Thu, 09 September 2004 23:54 Go to previous message
doing this is piss easy i am on a video doing it in fact 3 videos
"test your diff 1 2 and 3"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Suspension shops in Sydney?
Next Topic:Moss Vale area help required
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 16:51:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.098742961883545 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.