Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Do you ever feel guilty?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon9.gif  Do you ever feel guilty? Sat, 11 September 2004 12:17 Go to next message
Do you ever feel guilty about giving your car a fang? I've had my car over a year (bought it new) and over 10,000k's later I still feel a touch of pain whenever I mistreat her. Is this normal???
  Send a private message to this user    
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sat, 11 September 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 22:17

Do you ever feel guilty about giving your car a fang? I've had my car over a year (bought it new) and over 10,000k's later I still feel a touch of pain whenever I mistreat her. Is this normal???

i feel it too... i think its normal
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sat, 11 September 2004 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definitely normal Evil or Very Mad

Give her a pat when your finished...thats what i did Razz
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sun, 12 September 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
She loves it , otherwise she would tell me. Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sun, 12 September 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i thrashed mine once and then the bottom end decided to die, but of course it was only because i thrashed it that once that it died, it wouldnt have anything to do with the fact that the motor was probably fucked beforehand!

/end rant Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sun, 12 September 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 12 September 2004 11:57

well i thrashed mine once and then the bottom end decided to die, but of course it was only because i thrashed it that once that it died, it wouldnt have anything to do with the fact that the motor was probably fucked beforehand!

/end rant Very Happy

so was that guilty or not? Razz
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sun, 12 September 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I never feel quilty, the 4age loves the revs Wink
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sun, 12 September 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sun, 12 September 2004 12:06

MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 12 September 2004 11:57

/end rant Very Happy

so was that guilty or not? Razz

funney Rolling Eyes

more pissed off that anything else
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sun, 12 September 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when its my car I feel guilty. when its a mates I don't, fuck it, flog the fuck out of it!! (only if I'm told its a quick car) any other time I drive someone elses car normally
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sun, 12 September 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I thought the transmission was on its way out I was fanging my car thinking I had nothing to lose... I later found out the kickdown cable just wasn't attached and the transmission was actually fine. I felt really guilty about punishing the poor thing when it was really just confused and didn't know what it was supposed to be doing (it wasn't changing gears at the right time or smoothly without the cable). Crying or Very Sad
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sun, 12 September 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea I feel guilty over the price of fuel and tyres and think I probably shouldn't be doing 120 in 2nd. Very Happy
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sun, 12 September 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

...and think I probably shouldn't be doing 120 in 2nd

Not the smartest move Wink But then again I could argue I wasn't used to the raw power & grip *of an Audi A8 Quattro*...

'But officer, my daily driver is a Corolla'
'Ok then, on your way sir'

* EDIT: Oops, that didn't make much sense. Weird coincidence, I posted this the other night about doing 120 in 2nd, only I didn't feel guilty about doing it Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 13 September 2004 08:44]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sun, 12 September 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah a little, but I'm good to her in the service department so that helps ease the pain.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sun, 12 September 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monkeymajik wrote on Sun, 12 September 2004 22:09

Yeah a little, but I'm good to her in the service department so that helps ease the pain.

yeh...as long as you do that and give her a pat or something...she'll serve you for evermore Very Happy
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sun, 12 September 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think its good to be bouncing off the rev limiter....
But I know she loves it Very Happy
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Mon, 13 September 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Sun, 12 September 2004 21:00

Quote:

...and think I probably shouldn't be doing 120 in 2nd

Not the smartest move Wink But then again I could argue I wasn't used to the raw power & grip...

'But officer, my daily driver is a Corolla'
'Ok then, on your way sir'

Very Happy

Yea not really since @ 6000rpm it's gone way past it's peak output. Very Happy But it's still cool because I can. And when I move the shifter from 2 to D, well, it's hard to describe the forward surge the car gives. Smile

Quote:

Yep, same. I feed it some good oil, genuine filters and gaskets and the best type IV toyota auto fluid. Smile The power steering gets a drink of that too. Plus a yearly coolant drain and fill. I should really look after the outside more though, but meh. It's too dry.

Quote:

yeh...as long as you do that and give her a pat or something...she'll serve you for evermore

Heh, I thought I was the only one to give the top of the dash a pat and say "good car". Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Mon, 13 September 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I felt a lot of pain on friday night, took my car out and then somehow got talked into some circle work in a paddock, did it three or four times then standing next to the car chatting it overheats and pisses out a bit of coolant. Popped the bonnet let it cool for about 20 mins topped up coolant and then limped home. I accidentally took it too 6.4krpm (redline 5.Cool. That night whilst sleeping I had the worst stomach aches and felt like I would vomit. All was well the next morning though when it fired up first go and my aches went straight away. I also had a test that morning so prob combination of stress and pain for the car.
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Mon, 13 September 2004 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I never used to feel guilty until I destroyed a 3s-ge in my first car now I take care and always feel the engines pain after a bit of a hard drive
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Tue, 14 September 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd feel hell guilty if I actually broke something, or overrevved it, but as for giving it some stick - it's what they're built for. 'Thrashing' a car, in my opinion, is pushing it beyond its design limits - so flogging a Camry to 7k RPM is most definitely thrashing it, and well worth feeling guilty for, but letting a 4A-G(Z)E rev out to 7k RPM is perfectly OK. Smile
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Fri, 15 October 2004 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u have a 4age u shouldnt feel guilty for revving it up. why would u think toyota made TVIS and VVTL at high revs?? its built for that and she would feel bored if u didnt bring up the revs!!
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sat, 16 October 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing wrong with driving the car hard every now and then. if something breaks coz you took it for a fang then it needs to be fix anyway

just remember to look after it and it should be fine. give it service regualy, warm the oil up before punching it, cooling down if turbo etc...

im actually feeling sori for my ZE, its been a week and it hasnt seen past 4000rpm coz of my clutch, trying to preserve it as much as possible to get me to work
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you ever feel guilty? Sat, 16 October 2004 04:28 Go to previous message
Nah, I don't feel guilty. She always gets a pat after a fanging, and is well serviced Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Raced current spec WRX Sti ....
Next Topic:Ae82 v. BMW Z3
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 18:39:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060789585113525 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.