Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Fitted MBC but fuelcut kicks in??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Fitted MBC but fuelcut kicks in?? Tue, 14 September 2004 11:05 Go to next message
Hey guys I've got a genII 3sgte in my st162 and today i fitted my GFB atomic mbc. i adjusted it so max boost was about 11psi. drove it around fine.(didn't peak over 11.5psi. turned the car off and then gave the MBC another 1.5 turns. (i wanted about 12-13psi out of it.)
drive it home and fuel cut keeps kicking in!

this is how i installed the MBC: installed pointing/facing correct way. on hose between turbo and wastegate.
the hose going from wastegate to metal tube(t-vsv?), both were capped off from each other, using proper vaccum caps.

By doing this i was under the impression that it would disable the fuel cut? am i wrong?

thanks Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Fitted MBC but fuelcut kicks in?? Wed, 15 September 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ta..
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Fitted MBC but fuelcut kicks in?? Wed, 15 September 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope... the fuel cut pressure is measuring from the Turbo Pressure sensor that is mounted on the firewall (in a GT4 anyway)... it cuts at 12psi.

Do a search for the Zener diode mod if you want to remove the fuel cut cheaply... cost is around 40 cents. You want a 4.3V one.

Be *very* careful. Watch the boost gauge like a hawk and listen carefully for any pinging.

There isn't much point doing this anyway, as the ECU doesn't have fuel maps for more than 12psi and will just run fully rich and prevent you from making more power anyway. If you install a piggyback fuel computer (S-AFC etc) then you can lean it out to compensate. Do this on a dyno only.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Fitted MBC but fuelcut kicks in?? Wed, 15 September 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spectral has it all covered - the Gen 2 engine has a max psi of 12psi before fuel cut stops your fun, and to go past that you need the zener diode mod. And with the std ECU only mapped to 12psi and fully rich at that point and beyond, you will not get any better performance beyond that anyway. A S-AFC is a fix for this, but you are really at the point of a aftermarket ECU, or a ST205 ecu which is mapped to 17psi, but you will have wiring problems, or your std ECU reprogrammed by a Techtom agent.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2004 02:13]

spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Fitted MBC but fuelcut kicks in?? Wed, 15 September 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually mate, have a gander on ebay.com.au search for blitz access

There is one for a Gen 2 MR2 on there for $500 or so. This *may* be a better option for you if your mods/goals match his.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=32624&item=2489457620&rd=1& ;ssPageName=WDVW

I dunno the specifics of a Blitz Access upgrade, like whether it removes the AFM or something... but still, someone on here may be able to advise more.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Fitted MBC but fuelcut kicks in?? Wed, 15 September 2004 08:26 Go to previous message
Guys thanks heaps, appreicate the replies. i've since turned the boost down to 10psi. and i understand what ur saying about the zener mod.i made a fcd last week, but havn't been able to get it to work Sad . I knew that the ecu cuts at approx 12psi, i dind't reliase that the ecu had no mapping there in..so yeah it would run rich as a dog and most likely have little if any further gains.

I've had my eye on the blitz ecu on ebay aswell.. i don't know enough about it yet to make a decision though.

thanks Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:very ill 4age
Next Topic:4AK Engine Number
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 16:29:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036120414733887 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.