Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chazza
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Thu, 16 September 2004 11:11 Go to next message
Is there an obvious reason why it doesn't have an SX badge on the rear if it is a 2000 Celica SX? I've seen pics and all other cars have it. It was bought second hand so perhaps the previous owner had an accident or something? What other possible explanation could there be?

....no it wasn't stolen cause there's no marks at all...I prefer not having it there actually but just curios why it's not there.
  Send a private message to this user    
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Thu, 16 September 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe the previoes owner also likes them better without it so they removed it. Its not hard to do if you take your time.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Thu, 16 September 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u think long and hard, it may come to u ....
Chazza
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Thu, 16 September 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*thinking long and hard* Confused

still got no idea...
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Thu, 16 September 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on MAN !!!

Laughing
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Thu, 16 September 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some people order their cars without badges, cause they want to create curiosity about what kinda car it is, but most probably it had paint work done...the badges arent cheap.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Fri, 17 September 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a lot of people get badges removed because they are usually a hot spot for rust also
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Fri, 17 September 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessetamsett wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 16:30

a lot of people get badges removed because they are usually a hot spot for rust also

How so? They are usually just stuck on now, not through the panel.
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Fri, 17 September 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge?

Is it definitely an SX? If your Celica has ABS and/or a CD stacker then chances are it's not actually an SX.

Alternativey it has been removed by the owner/ordered without or been crashed not been replaced. Sometimes a little item can make a hundred dollars difference so they may be deleted on budget jobs!

[Updated on: Fri, 17 September 2004 11:22]

Chazza
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Fri, 17 September 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It has ABS/Side airbags but not the CD stacker. The service book mentions SX but I don't know FOR SURE that it's an SX. The service book also mentions it was delivered with "red bolsters" but the seats actually have blue bolsters...wtf?!
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Fri, 17 September 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could always contact Toyota and find out, if you have the log book im not 100% certain but hey may be able to tell you what it is. it may be also a good idea to check whether this vheicle was ever written off, RTA or NRMA may be able to help there, I have also heard of a WOVR (written off vehicle register) they can tell you whether the car was written off.
the SX badges cant cause rust cause they are stickers on that model, water run straight off them.
Chazza
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Fri, 17 September 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 21:56

you could always contact Toyota and find out, if you have the log book im not 100% certain but hey may be able to tell you what it is. it may be also a good idea to check whether this vheicle was ever written off, RTA or NRMA may be able to help there, I have also heard of a WOVR (written off vehicle register) they can tell you whether the car was written off.
the SX badges cant cause rust cause they are stickers on that model, water run straight off them.

I do have the logbook and it says SX, and it has all the SX features. If it's not an SX then it would be a ZR, and it's definitely not a ZR so it must be a SX cause there's nothing else is there? It's either SX or ZR?

And if the vehicle is written off how would I be driving it? It hasn't been in any major accidents that I can see, the body is in good condition. Just a few weird things like there is some carpet missing near the passengers feet area (like a rat ate it or something), big scratches on the left pillar that holds the windscreen up, and the SX badge is missing. Must have been a weirdo previous owner...

[Updated on: Fri, 17 September 2004 12:04]

Chazza
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Fri, 17 September 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 21:56

Oh hangon, are you saying that the SX badge would have actually been a cheapy sticker, not a plastic/metal badge thingy? In that case maybe it just started peeling so the previous owner ripped it off? I thought it would be plastic/metal like the Toyota badge on the left side.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Fri, 17 September 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually i think your model came with the plastic chrome looking ones, in that case i would say, someones knocked them off. dont worry about it, you can probably get a replacement from Toyota quite cheaply.
Chazza
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Fri, 17 September 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It might also have been that the whole boot lid was replaced (an accident maybe?) who knows...anyway thanks for your thoughts. There's no visible damage there now so I'll leave it as is.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Why doesn't my 2000 Celica have a SX badge? Sat, 18 September 2004 09:20 Go to previous message
Yeah, I believe that there were only SX or ZR celicas in your model range...

The SX badge on the bootlid is a chrome item that gets stuck on using adhesive... It's not a bodgy sticker, it's a badge but it's stuck on...

I bought one a while ago from my work for $34.70... I think they are around $50 retail though...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ST162 WITH CAMRY RIMS!! WANT OPINION!
Next Topic:MA61 supra colours
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 16:52:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.037842035293579 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.