Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Fri, 17 September 2004 15:05 Go to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6677

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6678

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=6766

• Black
  • 6 months rego
  • Australia origin (non-import)
  • fully engineered
  • turbo t28 (steel wheel?)
  • 4agze block
  • 4age 16v head
  • brand new GT4 (440cc?) injectors
  • 3" dump pipe
  • 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" mandrel bent all the way
  • triple core radiator
  • front mount intercooler (from 1ggte or 1jz supra)
  • cone filter (k&n?)
  • microtech mtx-8 with dash & handset
  • custom spark plug leads
  • quad bosch coil
  • king springs (from memory that's what it is)
  • some sport shocks (from memory it's adjustable kyb? gab?)
  • 14" toyota alloys
  • falken tyres
  • surge tank
  • lifter pump & commodore fuel pumps
  • ultra heavy duty battery
  • front supra disc brakes
  • rear corona diff
  • rear disc brakes
  • upgraded booster / master cylinder
  • front modified bumper with front lip
  • fibreglass bucket racing seat with slots for 5 point harness
  • tinted windows
  • excellent condition

don't know the rwhp as it's been running detuned with unleaded, running around 7-8psi, it's never been pushed, hardly ever above 4000rpm, so I haven't even seen it go over 4-5psi, so I don't know how fast it's currently is, got the car for more than 2 years or even more, can't remember, but haven't driven it much for the last year or so, coz I have another car to drive which has full insurance (I didn't drive the AE86 coz I didn't purchase TPPD or Comprehensive insurance for it)

This AE86 will provide incredible results if you put in a decent intercooler bought from ebay, chuck in a wastegate, tune it properly and go crazy!

any questions email me at t86t@dodo.com.au
serious buyers only please thank you
after $14,000 or the next closest offer if $14,000 is too much? Wink
But don't bother offering $6,000, hahaha... Wink

EDIT: Added a picture of the other side of the car..

Attachment: ae86_front.JPG
(Size: 84.25KB, Downloaded 1829 time(s))
Attachment: ae86_side.JPG
(Size: 79.27KB, Downloaded 1793 time(s))
Attachment: side2.jpg
(Size: 45.48KB, Downloaded 1002 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 22 September 2004 01:59]

Send a private message to this user    
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Sat, 18 September 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NICE.. Cool
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Sat, 18 September 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car Very Happy

wish i had 14k to spend, best i can offer would be 8g LOL!!!!!

Good luck with the sale, looks like this car is alot of fun Very Happy
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Sat, 18 September 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck with the sale, i got 8k for mine which was nearly identical.
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Sat, 18 September 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, personally i dont think youve got much chance getting 14k for it, but yeah, as i said, i may be able to offer 8g which is all i think its worth...

Cheers
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Sat, 18 September 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, it's pretty personal how much people will offer, but you'll be lucky to find an Aus spec AE86, installed with a 100kw twin cam 4AGE, with no brakes mod, in this condition for $8,000,

but only wished people would leave out their "I've got the same thing for $2 comments" as it's not very helpful and it neither a good indication how much my car is worth anyway, no offense, but any guy would've came and posted such rubbish comments, so please don't be mistaken, I'm not getting personal with you or your comments.

honestly $14,000 maybe a lot, but it depends how serious the buyer is, and someone maybe willing to pay something close to it, and I'm willing to hear offers close to it, I'm here to sell my car, not to give away a bargain right? So this won't be a cheap toy for someone's 2nd car to trash, as most of you readers probably already have a car, but I'm after the SERIOUS buyer, but still, thanks guys for the comments, have a good day...
Hatchetman
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Sun, 19 September 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was this in the trading post recently?
It sounds very familiar from somewhere...
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Mon, 20 September 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it does sound familiar... but anyway.

My offer of 8k stands, and mate, aus spec with 100kw dont go for 8g. these things go between 4-6k for a good condition one. The ones that sell for more are bought by some initial d fanatic who pays a well inflated price for a car not worth shit.

Good Luck getting your 14k, you m,ay find one of those initial d freaks, but toymods wont be the place...

Scott
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Mon, 20 September 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
worth it all day long
nuffin to spend
all hard work done
good looking car
goes like fcuk
hachi-man
Regular

July 2003
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Mon, 20 September 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$14k too much? what you ppl smokin.
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Mon, 20 September 2004 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Scott, don't want to waste time argueing over what price is worth it, but I've seen good condition stock ae86 sold for $4k+, but it's an open market, people interested will come with their decent price offer, no point argueing and discrediting my car..

thanks the rest of the guys for the support, yes, all hard work's been done, get a decent intercooler, slap on the wastegate and go crazy... Very Happy in the worst case, just change the 4agze block... Razz
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Tue, 21 September 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you wanted to buy a stock ae86 and start from scratch it would cost a HELLUVA lot more than 14k which 86tt is asking...

in my opinion it is worth every single penny
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Tue, 21 September 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It may cost more to build one from scratch, but people need to realise that you cant expect more money for the car because you have modded it. I think you will get around 10k for it, thats my opinion, im not here to say its a shit car etc as i havnt seen it and from the specs and pics it looks to be damn fine!

Good Luck with the sale, i hope you get what your after for it as it is a great little car
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Wed, 22 September 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump! Added new pics..

of coz no one ever expects to get the full amount of money they put into modding the cars, otherwise it will be worth $30-40k up plus all the time & labour at $50-80/hour! Very Happy

but I'll need some luck selling it as in that price range there's many choices and you'll need someone that is dedicated to AE86, but this little car doesn't look like it's made in the 1980s! It compares to many cars made in the 90s!
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Wed, 22 September 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i think ur livin in a dream mate...u want 14K for that...look here what u can get for 15K

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=44418&start=0&rid=5429&S=502f307f15d 203389489c0de945156b5

scroll down to the BLACK LIMITED TRUENO Shocked

i know how u feel though mate, spending all that money and wanting something back...so good luck to you anyhow

Adam
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Wed, 22 September 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't quite get where you're coming from Adam: these post doesn't make you look any better, actually worst! 1: The post you presented, Supraman said it'll cost $15,000 landed, some said they saw it go for $28,000 on yahoo, another said it's going for over $50,000? And up to today, there's still not one landed, that auction should have ended, so who's to judge if you can get it $15,000? And remember you don't get what's in the pic. If you want a trueno, change the trueno parts for less than $2k anytime! Don't think you can convert that Limited Trueno to turbo and fully engineered it for less than $4-6k, I had a pop up headlight, but I don't prefer it, who to say Trueno is better?

but then, it doesn't matter how much you can get that Trueno for, nor how much my car is worth, but the fact is, my car is fully ready, sitting right here, with a price tag of $13,999 or the closest offer, full engineers paper, full rego, no problems with cops or RTA, can hit the road TODAY, right away, but of coz I know what you thinking, you are so envy of other people thus comes in and want to destroy other people's otherwise smooth sale, you are afraid that I'll really sell my car for $14,000 and you are jealous. Evil or Very Mad
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Wed, 22 September 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man,
I think the car is worth it, unfortunately this car wasn;t for sale when i was in the market, I would have bought this car no problems thanks to the funds from my dad. But you guys thinking that this car is only worth 8 must be dreaming. There has been a few ae86 cars which have had a price tag twice this car which has been sold in the past. In my own opinion I think you would be better of selling this type of machinary in the tradinpost or carsale.com.au or even drive. Im sure youll have a few interested guys who actually know what kind of work when into this car and those who dont thinking you can build a sprinter like urs for a few grand. But youll have to wait for that someone to buy it. Im sure MR20V waited nearly a year to sell this sprinter for 13k.
All the best for the sale mate.
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Thu, 23 September 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Ko Ko, thanks for the support, but it's not all bad in toymods, I mean, it's only 50/50, half of the members say it's worth it for sure, the other half would say the price is ridiculous, I'd say this half is just trying to cause the most trouble, just because they wouldn't buy it, they want to ruin it for the rest of the members, but as I said it's not all bad, and thanks for the support.. Smile
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Thu, 23 September 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It really comes down to what market you are targeting and how the ae86 is floating at the moment with other sales.

For a car to sell for near 14K, you'd have to attract a serious buyer who not necessarily is an enthusiest but someone who just likes the ae86 and sees the potential in the engine/turbo. Most importantly of all, they are genuine enough to travel to buy the car (if need be) and has the dosh $$$ (which seems to be a far rarity). I don't see how they can be a 'true' enthusiest though, as this car hasn't got the flavours yet, and there are far more examples to be bought around that price. The only advantage is as mentioned that it is all ready to go, no more to spend.

We all just have to remember that it is 86tt's sale, and whatever the price is valued, it'd have to be respected, regardless of how high it may seem.
On the same token, 86tt you don't have to take offence to these remarks, as these are the people who ultimately make the market what it is, and these comments should be expected as you yourself don't know if you'll get back what your after.

I personally could not let my car go for anything near 14K yet similar mods and more/alot of time has been put into it.

I hope you find the right buyer, as this car has alot of potential and can be taken further Very Happy
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Thu, 23 September 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoa there mate.. No No No .i didn't mean to offend you or make myself look better at all....all i was saying is that if u can afford to spend that much u might as well make the car what you want...build it from scratch.

All I was doing was making a comment and maybe the way I put it was not very constructive, so please accept my apology and do our little part towards world peace Razz

BTW how much did u buy it for and Y r u selling it so soon after?

Deepest Apologies hehehe
Adam
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE86 Sprinter 4AG Turbo Black for Sale Fri, 24 September 2004 01:45 Go to previous message
Hey Audioslaver, that was well said, I'm not actually too offended, just a bit tired of the comments, as I mention it comes from half the members, but the potential buyers would know how much it's worth, just sick of those who's not interested to ruin the party.

Adam: Don't take it the wrong way, as it's normal for someone to make such comments and I'm not getting personal.
To answer your questions I had the car for more than 2-3 years, as I said I haven't been driving it for more than 1 year, last time I even let the rego run out for 2 months & 3 weeks + 6 days before I renewed it, so it's really a waste for it to be sitting there begging to be driven, even my friends are saying it's a waste, but my current work situation just won't suit me driving a AE86 around esp. since I drive so much a day I wouldn't want to drive it without TPPD or comprehensive insurance, so in your opinion, do you think I should sell it or keep it for another 2 years just sitting on the lawn??
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[FOR SALE]1976 Toyota Crown
Next Topic:WTB: AE92 Corolla SX/GTi
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 30 16:42:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14777398109436 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.