Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Worth it?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
icon5.gif  Worth it? Tue, 21 September 2004 06:37 Go to next message
hey

i was wondering what sort of mods need to be done to s13 coilovers to fit an AE86 and if its worth it. In theory the spring rates would be harder for the s13 because its slightly heavier (right?) and the shocks would be stiffer too so for sideways action it seems like a good idea...im just wondering if any1 has done it and how much work is it...?

Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Worth it? Tue, 21 September 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speak to simon-ae86 hes done this conversion. apparently its a pretty easy conversion
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Worth it? Tue, 21 September 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, i just asked my bro as he is a silvia nut and he said that you could not fit the rear coilovers because s13 rear coilovers are together but in ae86's the spring and shock are separate. however the front could be made to fit BUT you would have to change some of the mounts for the tierods etc.

its up to you to decide if its worth it Smile
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Worth it? Tue, 21 September 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i was talking about the fronts
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Worth it? Tue, 21 September 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah didnt think of that Very Happy but if they make coilover kits for ae86 what do they do with the rear then? I swear i seen em in the back of 86's

Adam
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Worth it? Tue, 21 September 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
need new upper strut mounts drilled, modify all castor rods, tie rods and control arms (will be beneficial for adjustments Smile ) play with steering arms and height of the whole strut. I can't imagine the silvia would have similar height/damper specs so getting the right spring rate etc would need to be considered.

As for the rear, not sure about silvias but the Japs do coil overs on the rear all the time, so anything is possible.

if you have money + abit of knowledge, it's all possible!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Worth it? Tue, 21 September 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 16:55

if you have money + abit of knowledge, it's all possible!

ain't that the tooth.
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Worth it? Tue, 21 September 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
money and knowledge Im a bit short on Very Happy ...but i got time a plenty so fiddling with stuff is not a problem. My friend is geting some cuscos for his s13 so i might try to compare the 2 and see....i think thats the best way to figure this out....I just wanted to avoid that $400 dollar surcharge for mentioning its for a sprinter Cool

Adam
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Worth it? Tue, 21 September 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 16:52

oh yeah didnt think of that Very Happy but if they make coilover kits for ae86 what do they do with the rear then? I swear i seen em in the back of 86's

Adam

i think they just make the spring and shock to match eachother like normal coilovers but they are just separated.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Worth it? Tue, 21 September 2004 07:44 Go to previous message
You can get rears from T3 from what I have heard, although the page does not specify.

http://www.technotoytuning.com/t3_site_pages/produ cts/rear_coilover.html
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:St141 Corona Brakes.. Ra60?
Next Topic:ST185CS Weight
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 10:09:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040299892425537 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.