Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Throttle body open only 90% when foot to floor!!! Funny!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Throttle body open only 90% when foot to floor!!! Funny!!! Mon, 27 September 2004 09:37 Go to next message
was at the toms meet in mitchim with aust162sx and smashed_wombat commenting about how stiff the accelerator, smashed_wombat mentioned that yeah i had very little movement downwards in my accelerator...

Turns out I was only at about 90% throttle....
traced it back to the cruise control... I had one of the bolts holding the cable to the cruise control really tight, and it actually shortened the amount of movmeent from the trottle, while still stopping a fair bit of moment from the throttle body side...
With the accelerator to the ground, the outer diameter of the throttle body could still move about .7cms...
So yeah a slight adjustment of the bolt and yeah we had full movement from the throttle...

The car has been like this for 1 and a bit months... which questions how the fuck i bet a vtec prelude, if i raced that VL manual again i would have kicked his arse haha..

Really does pull better, and with the airbox open does sound a lot gruntier...

Funny story hehe..
DOH!!!!
No wonders fuel economy has been good...

[Updated on: Mon, 27 September 2004 09:40]

Send a private message to this user    
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Throttle body open only 90% when foot to floor!!! Funny!!! Mon, 27 September 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uh.. try only three quarters throttle with the pedal to the floor! Can't believe you didn't notice the difference!
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Throttle body open only 90% when foot to floor!!! Funny!!! Mon, 27 September 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dad put a new after market pedal on the accelerator
of his Mazda 3 SP23 so it would be closer to the brake
for heel and toe, but I swear it feels like it
doesn't go flat out and right to the floor anymore.
Farken ghey.
I mostly use a different foot movement to him when
doing heel and toe. i sorta keep my foot on the floor
and roll my foot, instead of lifting my heel of the
ground, so i found it better to drive before he put
the pedal on. I can do both methods but i find the
heel on the floor better for me.Rolling Eyes
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Throttle body open only 90% when foot to floor!!! Funny!!! Mon, 27 September 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its easy to check - get someone to push the pedal to the floor, then see if you can turn the throttle wheel any further! Closer pedals... wicked!
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Throttle body open only 90% when foot to floor!!! Funny!!! Tue, 28 September 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat wrote on Mon, 27 September 2004 23:02

Its easy to check - get someone to push the pedal to the floor, then see if you can turn the throttle wheel any further! Closer pedals... wicked!

Just for the un-initiated. Make sure the ignition is OFF...
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Throttle body open only 90% when foot to floor!!! Funny!!! Sun, 03 October 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Tue, 28 September 2004 23:27

smashed_wombat wrote on Mon, 27 September 2004 23:02

Just for the un-initiated. Make sure the ignition is OFF...

hahaha Laughing
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Throttle body open only 90% when foot to floor!!! Funny!!! Wed, 06 October 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
possible loose accel cable?
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Throttle body open only 90% when foot to floor!!! Funny!!! Wed, 13 October 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stretched cable
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Throttle body open only 90% when foot to floor!!! Funny!!! Wed, 13 October 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where it mounts on plenum before butterfly and goes from enclosed cable to normal cable could have just been screwed on too close
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Throttle body open only 90% when foot to floor!!! Funny!!! Wed, 13 October 2004 15:35 Go to previous message
friend of mine had a similar problem in an old crx. the car drives hard up to bout 4000rpm and it goes flat after that which is strage for hondas
i jumped in and first thing notice so much pedal play, pop the bonnet and found accelerator cable so loose it almost jump of the throttle wheel itself. no wonder it feels flat at high revs, foot to floor and throttle still only partially open.
adjusted up the cable and all was good, friend says goes so much better
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:W00t! ...umm, I mean, Supras are cool.
Next Topic:KE70 Vs some Commadore...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 07:21:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006378173828125 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.