Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
quick windows Q Thu, 30 September 2004 09:40 Go to next message
im trying to update to XP from windows 98, but it says my computer is installed with a different language to what XP is. i checked the regional settings and they were set to english (australian) so i changed to english(usa) but it says the same thing.

what language should it be? what language is XP in???
thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: quick windows Q Thu, 30 September 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You probably downloaded a french version of it or something.
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: quick windows Q Thu, 30 September 2004 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How old is your computer? When I tried installinng a new version of windows in my old computer, it did a similar thing. So I bought a new one. The language is referring to computer code I think, not written. Shoot off an e-mail to Microsoft, they night be able to help. I also hear Nark is good at this stuff, maybe pm him.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: quick windows Q Fri, 01 October 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to make a change to the resourcelocale setting in the registry, it's documented at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb; en-us;259779.

Make sure you turn on the firewall befoer connecting to the net after you install XP.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: quick windows Q Fri, 01 October 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would highly recommend formatting and installing and not doing the upgrade... the upgrade almost always stuffs something up... you are way better off burning what you want to keep and format.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: quick windows Q Fri, 01 October 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys for the replies. ill try again when i get time this weekend.

computer is not that old, got it the day the GST came in, i spose thats a few years ago now Rolling Eyes

its a burnt copy off someone else, didnt download it.

will try that website when i get time, htanks joshstix.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: quick windows Q Sun, 03 October 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
need help again guys Embarassed

so i thought id just do a new install so i chose that on the disc, only thing is, it didnt wipe my old stuff out, it kept all my old software files taking up heaps of space, but they dont work anymore.
so i tried to reinstall XP again and when it gave me the option of what partition to install on, it said i could create a new one and delete the existing one but it wouldnt let me do that either.

can somebody give me a run down or tell me where i can get the info on reformating, then installing XP clean? im fairly hopeless with computers but id like to give it ago cause theres so much crap on my HD i wanna start with a clean slate.
any help greatly appreciated.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: quick windows Q Mon, 04 October 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin - PM me if you want a hand with it. Should be able to do it at my place if you don't mind taking your PC for a drive..
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: quick windows Q Mon, 04 October 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent. i dont want to be THAT much of a pain tho if i can help it Embarassed
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: quick windows Q Mon, 04 October 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude i have an official disc if you wanna borrow
its needs activation tho
Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: quick windows Q Mon, 04 October 2004 06:26 Go to previous message
official XP disc? i got no idea! i think ill just use the one i got cause it works (im using it now) i just wanna delete everything to get my space back. thanks for the offer tho. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fully sick bro
Next Topic:INITIAL D: MOUNTAIN VENGANCE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 13:15:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045561790466309 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.