Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Does anyone use Dunlop FM901's ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Liam
Regular

July 2002
Does anyone use Dunlop FM901's ? Sat, 12 October 2002 18:44 Go to next message
Hey,

Well as the title suggests, is anyone using Dunlop FM901 tyres on their car?

I have heard nothing but praise for these, (stick like shit to a blanket as the tyre shop saying goes) however i have also heard that they can be very noisy once the outer edge wears down. This is an important factor as most of my driving is an hour a day on the freeway at 130 kph.

So does anyone have any feedback on:
a) performance
b) noise factor
c) wear rate

Oh, and the tyre size would be 185/60R14.
Thanks,
Liam.
  Send a private message to this user    
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Does anyone use Dunlop FM901's ? Sun, 13 October 2002 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got them on the front on the sprinter, they are pretty good.
As for noise hmmm I didn't notice them to be any noisier than my old tyres, but they havn't really warne down too much yet.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Does anyone use Dunlop FM901's ? Sun, 13 October 2002 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have FM901's on my AE92 in 185/60/R14 Trim.

They have been on for about 15,000k's now and haven't worn too badly. That's probably because I don't go racing around corners all the time.

They are quite noisy for my car. I've gotten used to it, and it has actually quitened down since they were first put on. The noise is almost comparable to a wheel bearing gone, but much quieter.

They do more than what I need them for, but atleast I now feel safe in the wet in my Pole Magnet.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Does anyone use Dunlop FM901's ? Sun, 13 October 2002 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, good to hear they aren't too bad, I think they were on my short list...
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Does anyone use Dunlop FM901's ? Sun, 13 October 2002 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm halfway through my second set of FM901s. Ribbo bought his fronts after hearing me rave on about the 205/50/R15s on my sprinter.

they're a great medium level tyre. you can buy better of course,but for the price,the only competition they have are the Azenis.
yoko539s are not even close,neither are kuhmo ecstas,or p6000's.

Fm901's are good in the wet,and quite sticky in the dry.
breakaway is quite progressive,with plenty of warning,which is handy when you drive on the limits a lot.

road noise is not an issue. I've done many a long trip sitting on speeds above what you've listed,and the tyres were the last thing I could hear.

in the size you've asked about,you should be able to get 901's for about $160 a corner.

Justin...
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Does anyone use Dunlop FM901's ? Sun, 13 October 2002 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm as for price call around, u should be able to get them cheaper than $160, ive got 195/60/R14 and I found a place that had them for $130 I think, they didn't have them in stock though and couldn't get them in for a week or something but I needed them quick for a trip so ended up getting them for about $150 I think, who had them in at the time.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Does anyone use Dunlop FM901's ? Mon, 14 October 2002 10:50 Go to previous message
How much were your set in 205/50R15's on your Sprinter, my mate is after some 205/60R15's for his Silvia and was wondering on price.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:17s on a corolla ae92??
Next Topic:Finally Graduated Year 12!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 00:32:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048470497131348 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.