Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Toyota Fest results Mon, 04 October 2004 10:22 Go to next message
The winners of trophies at the first anual Toyota Fest were.

Best of show, best Paint and Panel, Top Engine bay.
http://www.luc1d.net/other/toyotafest/DSCF0875.jpg
Steve Healy, RT118 Corona Wagon.

Top Coupe, Retro-tech, Entrants Choice
http://www.luc1d.net/other/toyotafest/IMG_3853.jpg
RT51 Corona Coupe

Best Engineered, Best Interior.
http://www.luc1d.net/other/toyotafest/DSCF0873.jpg
Lowlux

Best Original Classic
http://www.luc1d.net/other/toyotafest/IMG_3890.jpg
RT40 Sedan

Best Modern Original
http://www.luc1d.net/other/toyotafest/IMG_3879.jpg
AE86 Sprinter

Top Hatch
http://www.luc1d.net/other/toyotafest/DSCF0880.jpg
Will Lopez AE92 Seca

Street Sleeper
http://www.luc1d.net/other/toyotafest/IMG_3919.jpg
EP91 Starlet

WTF! That's not meant to be
http://www.luc1d.net/other/toyotafest/DSCF0869.jpg
Crown Sports Sedan

Top Import
http://www.luc1d.net/other/toyotafest/DSCF0866.jpg
SW20 turbo

This is from memory so the names and any mistakes will get filled in by somebody who has the paper work.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 December 2004 23:54] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toyota Fest results Tue, 05 October 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congratulatons to the Winers! So wanted to hear that 1j+no exhaust crown start up!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toyota Fest results Tue, 05 October 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to a few ppl, I was 2nd in the Top Hatch class... I'm just wondering what place I was in the paint and panel as a few ppl also said I was near the top, possibly 3rd...
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Toyota Fest results Tue, 05 October 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sports sedan was a 2j wasnt it?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Toyota Fest results Tue, 05 October 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 05 October 2004 17:59

Looked like a 1J to me.... With a big fuck-off tarbo, mean looking exhaust and some of the widest rubber I've ever seen!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyota Fest results Tue, 05 October 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Tue, 05 October 2004 19:02

EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 05 October 2004 17:59

Looked like a 1J to me.... With a big fuck-off tarbo, mean looking exhaust and some of the widest rubber I've ever seen!

Damn straight!! Shocked
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Wed, 06 October 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hi jack but the Crown was a 1J has 10' slicks on the front and 12's on the rear. It has problems at the moment of under hard braking the coolant is rushing back to the radiator and coming out the cap. heehe I wish I had that.

He's having problems keeping up so a biger turbo is on the way.

oh and by the way well done to all the trophy winners. This show has given me plenty of ideas and shown me how well I have to build up my car.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Toyota Fest results Wed, 06 October 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt wrote on Wed, 06 October 2004 10:53

Sorry to hi jack but the Crown was a 1J has 10' slicks on the front and 12's on the rear. It has problems at the moment of under hard braking the coolant is rushing back to the radiator and coming out the cap. heehe I wish I had that.

He's having problems keeping up so a biger turbo is on the way.

oh and by the way well done to all the trophy winners. This show has given me plenty of ideas and shown me how well I have to build up my car.

James and I were throwing up a few ideas about that panel opposite your dicky seat.... Involving a TV amongst other things Evil or Very Mad
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Wed, 06 October 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt wrote on Wed, 06 October 2004 10:53

got a radiator surge tank?
rollaboi
Regular

September 2004
Re: Toyota Fest results Wed, 06 October 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the crown had 13.5s on the rear and the turbo was only a hi-flowed ct26,made 336hp on the dyno..
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Toyota Fest results Wed, 06 October 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dammmmm! I think im in love with D CUPS. *drulessssss* Shocked
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Fri, 08 October 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The competition will only get more fierce next year... asides the interior work that needs doing, I'm not sure what else I can do to make mine more competitive. Confused
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toyota Fest results Fri, 08 October 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should have the interior, engine bay, boot, new rims, airbags and custom bodywork done for next year...

On another note, my pics are at http://www.toyotafestpics.tk...

Only 1/2 are up at the moment... Rest should be up tonight...
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Toyota Fest results Fri, 08 October 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

RAV-GT4 wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 16:52

The competition will only get more fierce next year... asides the interior work that needs doing, I'm not sure what else I can do to make mine more competitive. Confused

Easy, request a 4WD class! You should romp it in.

seeyuzz
river
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Fri, 08 October 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, higher-class GT-Four's would beat it. FFS, it's a RAV4. Sad I remember at the Perth Auto Salon in 2002 one of my mates with his very swanky RAV4 (custom interior, DVD screens, lowered on 18" chromies, custom R34 GTR front bar, etc.) was up against a CR-V and a Forester for the class trophy, when at the last minute they decided to pull the trophy from that category. Mad They gave the reason that there wasn't enough competition to warrant a trophy. There were 3 cars in that part of the event, which to me warranted a first place at least.

So much for trying to be original. Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Fri, 15 October 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RAV-GT4 wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 20:55

Auto Salon

'Nuff said. Least you guys have cars eligible to enter Laughing
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Sun, 17 October 2004 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Ben, any sign of those other pics? Rolling Eyes
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Fest results Sun, 17 October 2004 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I've got a car eligible to enter Auto Salon too.
But by the time I'd spent enough money on my car to get it close to being "trophy"able, I'd have paid off my mortgage.

Anyone want to sponsor me? Laughing
I suppose I'd better stop crashing it too Razz
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Mon, 18 October 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, sponsorship -- if only.... Rolling Eyes
Rowan
Regular

January 2003
icon14.gif  Re: Toyota Fest results Mon, 18 October 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I rate that RT50 corona coupe. Anyone know where i can see more pics/details... i think i saw this in Parramatta a couple of years ago and i've always wondered what model it was. Maybe you'll know Stitt!?
Cheers Very Happy
mickandfel
Regular

July 2004
icon7.gif  Re: Toyota Fest results Tue, 19 October 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Rowan,the corona is a late 1967 build,probably purchased in 1968.I found the car in 1992,it took 4yrs to restore.I have noticed everywhere the car is listed as an RT50,it is actually an RT51,which is rather different to an RT50,which is the standard 1500 not the 1600S.There is also an RT52(US),53,54(JAP), Razz Razz Razz 55(GT) and 56(5 door).I will try and post some pics! Cheers mate.
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: Toyota Fest results Wed, 20 October 2004 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mickandfel thats one beautiful car you have ! make sure to show some interior pics aswell Very Happy
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Toyota Fest results Sun, 31 October 2004 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone hook me up with contact details for the Crown Sports Sedan owner please?

Mick, Love your RT51 - I can still remember seeing it in "Street Machine" many years ago, and keep getting tantilised with minor viewings over the net in the ensuing years.
mickandfel
Regular

July 2004
Re: Toyota Fest results Tue, 02 November 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the kind words guys,we have owned the car for 10yrs and it has been an absolute joy! About the crown,his name is Steve Shipway,you might be able to contact him through the "classicrown" website. Cheers. Smile
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Toyota Fest results Wed, 03 November 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what was in the starlet that made it such a sleeper?
or was it just a whizzbang 4e
anybody know how much power it makes?
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Wed, 03 November 2004 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From memory I think that Starlet was a turbo (4E-FTE). Wink
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Toyota Fest results Wed, 03 November 2004 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The starlet looked completely stock from the ouside, however it was far from it.

It had a 4EFTE with a GT25 and programmable management making I think 130odd KW at the wheels, he had a graph from the day before the show. It was also running all the ABS gear from the import along with the import seats and power windows etc. The suspension was all modified fairly extensively and falken Azenis tyres on the front to try and put some power down.

Over all it was an extremely nicely and extensively modified car that looked stock from the outside. The other competitors for sleeper were engine conversion only. They lost out because the starlet is a far more complete package.

I think you might actually find that the car now belongs to a different member of the club.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Thu, 04 November 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who were the other competitors for sleeper?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Toyota Fest results Thu, 04 November 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really the only other cars that qualified as sleepers in the sense of looking standard but going well were Mos with the 2JZGTE MX83 and Joel with the 1JZGTE MX73.
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Fest results Thu, 04 November 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 21:57

what was in the starlet that made it such a sleeper?
or was it just a whizzbang 4e
anybody know how much power it makes?

Josh is on the money... this is my ex car, i miss it... Sad

Suspension -
TEIN HA coilovers, K-MAC swaybars front and rear, Whiteline strutbrace on the rear struts, and front strut brace.

Interior-
R34 Sykline front seats,Electronic boost control, boost,AFM,oil press gauges, GALANZA V Dash, climate control etc, Blitz turbo timer. TRD Short shift Kit,

Wheels/Tyres-
14" GTi-r pulsar rims with Falken AZENIS tyres on the front and 195/55 r14s falkens on the rear.

Engine-
4EFTE, Haltech E6k ECU, Direct fire ignition,10mm leads, BIG Front Mount IC, BOV, Garrett GT25 Ball bearing turbo, custom manifold, Malpassie rising rate fuel reg, Bosch 400hp fuel pump, 370cc Injectors, K&N filter.

Drive Line-
TRD LSD, Heavy duty clutch, 4 Wheel disc brakes with ABS.

Have a Dyno graph with the car making 134.4kW atw @ 20psi.
The power ouput is just getting beyond usable on the street, unless cronic wheel spin is your thing Wink

Lucas.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Fri, 05 November 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucas how come you sold it??

And now the bigger Q

what are you driving now??
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Fest results Fri, 05 November 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luke... good question! Smile

When it was time to buy some wheels i was actually in the market for a motorcycle... but when i saw the starlet... i had to have... not only was it toyota, but is was quick and not somthing that screamed "I WANT ATTENTION"...

But it didnt fill the void of a motorcycle for very long and when a fellow toymodder expressed some interest i liked the idea of it going to a good home and it gave me a chance to get on 2 wheels like originally planned.

I am now getting round on a Honda CBR250RR and loving it... cant beat a 19,000rpm redline Wink

But i certainly miss the power of the starlet... it really moved...

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2004 05:44]

TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Sat, 06 November 2004 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I wouldn't mind going down the same road as you. But the whole body bag factor is an issue.

Plus I would have to ride some dangerous roads to get to work.

Good luck with it mate still hope to see you around.

dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Fest results Sat, 06 November 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh... yeah it is an issue, but i have been riding since i was 5... so no real biggy for me Smile

Shit yeah, i will still be showing up to cruises... i will just be on 2 wheels instead of 4. Wink
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Toyota Fest results Sun, 28 November 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dose eny 1 know if there is going 2 b pic in a mag? hered talk a bout it but have not seen it
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyota Fest results Sun, 28 November 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think we might have to hold out for issue 120 of Hot4s.. I keep checking but they're only up to around 117 or something atm.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toyota Fest results Sun, 28 November 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, Joe was saying something like that last time I spoke with him... Can't wait for mine to be in there... Simon also has some newer photos with the new wheels now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Fri, 03 December 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How many cars did you have there..???
Was it better than the Toyota Nats show...??
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Fri, 03 December 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There where 47 cars there not bad for the first time.

Yes I would say it was better, all the cars were of a extremly high quaility and as well as that there was a greater variety.
Than Toynats
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Toyota Fest results Sat, 04 December 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Better than Toy Nats?

Awww, I was gonna go to the Nats next year 'cos I've never been to one. I'm only going to enter the Show & Shine and have a looksy, but, if Toymods Show & Shine was better I think I may give it the Nats a miss.

I was gonna have the old girl resprayed and back to full original for the Nats (april 05), but now the pressure is off 'cos the Toymods is months later (Oct 05).

seeyuzz
river
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toyota Fest results Sat, 04 December 2004 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only reason I say it was better was because we hadn'tsen most of thosecars and all f them were really nice.

You can't really say that one show is better than another til the day. Just being in sydney helped the toymods show and shine.

Its cars like yours river that would make the nats a beeter event cause it is a rare as it is.

Spray it when you can and then show when and where eva you can.
Biggles
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toyota Fest results Mon, 24 January 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know this is bringing up an older topic... but I was looking through the latest Hot4s mag, and what did I see scattered all over the back few pages? Toyota's... now why did the event look familiar? Cause it was all about ToyotaFest... just thought you guys might like to check it, see if you can spot your car or yourselves in there!
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Toyota Fest results Mon, 24 January 2005 04:31 Go to previous message
thats right there is a thred in General Car Talk
here http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=57000&start=0&rid=5002&S=99d9f22fb69 7f1d018c349fbc44eb86a
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dyno Day Pics
Next Topic:Nthn Beaches Cruise
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 11:29:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010679960250854 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.