Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Elcascador
Newcomer

September 2004
4age Starting problem Tue, 05 October 2004 12:35
Hi

I have an 88 ae82 corolla twin cam seca with I don't know which engine. Some people reckon its the 100kw others tell me it's the 86kw. As far as I know it has the words 16 valve red on the engine cover.

Anyway I have just replaced the distributor which was leaking oil with a second hand one. The first two weeks I had it work perfectly then last week, I noticed that 3 out of 10 time the engine was having trouble starting (cranking). I thought it must be the starter motor so I took it to the electrician who told me it's the timing on the distributor. He loosened the two placement buttons and then put it back at its place. It started okay but since I did not go to my original mechanic I thought I'll drive there and let him now my issue. I got there turned off the car and tried to start it again and this time it was really off. The mechanic tried a couple of times. He is timing it properly again but after a few minutes its playing up and affecting the timing, idling and all. Was wondering if anyone knows what needs to be done or had a similar experience. (questions that come to mind is if the Engine management system T-VIS needs resetting) or should I take it to Toyota for them to hook it up to their Computers to see what's happening with their diagnostic tools

Sorry for the long message.
Thanks guys
Jack

[Updated on: Tue, 05 October 2004 13:07]

Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rear discs vs. better fronts
Next Topic:MA61: Doing things the hard way (pics)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 31 23:25:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003277063369751 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.