Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Aust's Largest AE86 meet.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes Des, you will be coming. Basically you have no choice in the matter.

Well, for now, how about we plan to leave on Friday morning. I don't fancy driving all Saturday, whatching the drifting on Sunday, then driving back overnight or whatever.

See my above post (I have updated it).
  Send a private message to this user    
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol im definate am I?... mmmz.

On a side note.. I drove up the coast on the weekend (almost to bout 40kms shy of newcastle). Ive done your regular 1hr10min to the central coast trip heaps of times in other cars but it was the longest for the hachi yet. Its always been a huge bore in other cars sticking to the hwy but this time I basically drove the hwy for abit... took an old pac exit, did that for abit... then back on the hwy and the whole drive seemed like 20min.

Maybe if we do something like this on the way down? I believe theres that coastal road down south (sorry never headed south unaware of whats down there.. could well be dragons n shit)..

Could do the coastal run for abit then head back onto the hwy... This might be a detour.. lol. but id rather drive an hour longer of 11hrs of fun rather than 10hrs in a straight line. Twisted Evil
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well dude, you said you'd "be in" on certain conditions.... One of which was that there would be other Sydney ppl going down, which is why we're trying to organise shit.... Your other conditions are givens, and will be organised beforehand Very Happy

C'mon man!!! Get keen!!!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 06 October 2004 15:01

(sorry never headed south unaware of whats down there.. could well be dragons n shit)..

LOL andrew

haha...ok~!

i guess we're in then!

so what is the event on Sunday?

and i think the electronic animal repellers will be mandatory on each car.....no dunkaroos!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The event is the Drift Nats man.....

Lots of cool cars going sideways and stuff.... It's big in Japan apparently.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so this is the next round after Bris?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, Des.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh so it's a full lock event...

might even try and get my car ready for it Smile

BAG11N taking his ride? hehe
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver wrote on Wed, 06 October 2004 15:35

oh so it's a full lock event...

might even try and get my car ready for it Smile

BAG11N taking his ride? hehe

Yeah, why not man???

James will be bringing his ride, but not the 'Lux.... He'll be driving his Sprinter down. Should look good by then - Longchamps arriving today, JIC coilovers purchased today.....
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

airbag suspension ?! Surprised
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe.... Nah man..... He'll be competing in the drift events once he's got all the suspension done. VERY good driver! Shame it's got so much fucking lag though.....
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i remember him mentioning the lag of the current setup..

awesome, i wanna see this car in action Smile

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

My biggest prob is time off but that will hopefully be sorted soon, If we drive down on the saturday i was planning on having the Monday off so we could cruise back up that day, as i really don't like the idea of driving back up Sunday nite, seems dangerious to me,
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP-46X wrote on Wed, 06 October 2004 16:27

My biggest prob is time off but that will hopefully be sorted soon, If we drive down on the saturday i was planning on having the Monday off so we could cruise back up that day, as i really don't like the idea of driving back up Sunday nite, seems dangerious to me,

At this stage I think it would be better to drive down on the Friday if everyone can get the day off.... If not, then we will have to make it Saturday. And yeah, your point about driving back at night is a good one. Personally I think it would be a VERY bad idea to do that.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 06 October 2004 16:38

UUP-46X wrote on Wed, 06 October 2004 16:27

At this stage I think it would be better to drive down on the Friday if everyone can get the day off.... If not, then we will have to make it Saturday. And yeah, your point about driving back at night is a good one. Personally I think it would be a VERY bad idea to do that.

Agreed. Leaving friday is the best option. (call in sick if you cant get off). Because leaving early sat morning and getting there sat night wont be much fun.. However getting there friday night we can all get a grip of the place and then have the next night to relax (no worry of accomodation etc...)
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You wimps

work all week, and then leave on friday night, drive through the night, get there sat morn, few hours sleep, go out sat evening for mega ultimate hachi cruise. Cool finish cruise with meet at a bar somewhere. get fucked up, crash.

WAKE UP SUNDAY FOR DRIFT!! Very Happy (and drink more at event of course Wink)
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this december drift event is not a Drift Nationals round, its a seperate full lock comp.

the next full lock round after brisbane this weekend will be held in adelaide early jan Wink
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Wed, 06 October 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 08:02

this december drift event is not a Drift Nationals round, its a seperate full lock comp.

the next full lock round after brisbane this weekend will be held in adelaide early jan Wink

So this full lock comp will it still be pretty big or will be just like a practice day?

I just remembered that i was surposed to go away with the Mrs on that Saturday & Sunday but, i mite work it so i can bring her down to, then she can do the shopping thing & i'll go to the track! Evil or Very Mad
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 07 October 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think 'civilised' is the word, Arch Razz Twisted Evil

And I'll prolly be bringin my missus down too, UUP-46X, so the girls can compare notes on how "goddam bumpy" our cars are and stuff.... And we can send them out shopping while we do 'Man's Business'.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Thu, 07 October 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 10:06

And we can send them out shopping while we do 'Man's Business'.

Sound like a great plan to me!!! Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 07 October 2004 05:52]

mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Fri, 08 October 2004 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so when is the convoy leaving sydney if decided yet .. because ill( we if can get org86t to come) 4 hrs to get to sydney aswell
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sat, 09 October 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SYDNEY CONVOY!

THE LIST: (who is in!)
Bathurst-91 Definate (if car is 100%)
Sprinter-Saurus Definate
DMonk86 Possibly
John K Definate
Garth Definate
Des Definate
UUP-46X Possibly
AE86slut Definate
mrf_ool Definate
WHITCHY + Friend Definate
org86t Definate
J-AE86 Possibly

13 cars so far.

ROUTE: (be it scenic or direct, or a mix of both)
TBA
the THREE possibilities.

1. HUME HWY - Most Direct - Speed Cameras/Regular HWY
Distance: 850.76km
Time: 11.49hrs (more like 10-11hrs)

2. PRINCES HWY - The Coastal Drive - Wink
Distance: 1057.62km
Time: 23.00hrs (my estimates would say 14-15hrs max)

3. HUME HWY/SNOW MTNS HWY/OMEO HWY - Hume until just abit passed canberra, then we take a detour through the snowy mountains (inview of kosciusko) then back onto the hume further south.
Distance: 1018.34km
Time: 17.58hrs (realistically Id say 13-14hrs max)

These are acording to (whereis.com.au) I very much doubt The Princes Hwy route is 10hrs more! thats nuts. Obviously once upon a time they had 60 speed limits there. But its only 200km more so were actually looking at about 2-3hrs more or less.. Same goes for #1 and #3

NOTE
2hrs+ more than we need to does sound a tad too much. But here is my theory. We could take the Princes Hwy on the way there and if it really does turn out to be WAY too long and not exciting then we simply take the Hume on the way back. Better than taking the hume there and then taking prices on the way back only to find its a waste of time. And besides.. Your probably going to drive to melbourne a few more times in this lifetime and it will be along the hume hwy... Lets see that coastal horizon! But I do agree that it is abit too much. So thats why I searched for OPTION #3!!!

STOPS: (refuels + 1? major stop)
TBA

DEPARTURE FROM: (location)
TBA
;;suggestion
--Shell @ Centenery Dr/Homebush Bar Dr/Roberts Rd/King Georges Rd (Chullora/Bankstown) its the road to the M5.
;;suggestion
Homebush P6

DEPARTURE DATE/TIME:
TBA
Friday 10th of December
;;suggestion
--Friday. 6:00am.
;;suggestion
--Friday 10:00am.
;;suggestion
--Friday 10:00pm.

either way we need to avoid traffic. Otherwise your looking at adding 40min sitting in traffic. And I think leaving any time Saturday is not a good idea. This would mean we only have 1 night and 1 day for 1600km of driving.

ARIVING AT: (locaton)
TBA

ETA: (estimated time of arrival)
TBA

ACCOMMODATION INFO:
TBA
suggestion;;
camping at the event?. I doubht this will be allowed. But I guess camping in the hachis would save on accomodation.

*david attenborough voice* here we see one of natures most splendid occurances, a pack of hachi rokus nesting in their natural habbit..

COST INFO:
$__.__ petrol for 1700km of driving
$__.__ for food.
$30.00 for cb/walkie talky radios from tandy/dicksmith/jaycar (they go for as cheap as $60 for 2. So perhaps some people could split the price and have 1 each).

Dick Smith:
http://dseau.resultspage.com/search.php?sessionid= 416b13470faac59e273fc0a87f9c0758&w=cb+radio&am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;I1.x=0&I1.y=0&I1=Go&site=
Tandy:
http://www.tandy.com.au/cgi-bin/tandy.storefront/4 16b13370fa72cd4273fc0a87f9c071e/Export/catalogs/CT G0004799
Jaycar:
http://www1.jaycar.com.au/

As someone mentioned before, this is a must have on a long drive like this. It'll keep the group together and you can have your say aswell as just generally talking crap for entertainment.

TRIP SCHEDULE: (this will be made more clear) so far its based on leaving friday morning, please feel free to add things, you dont have to tag along but might aswell do stuff whilst down there;

;;suggestion
--friday will involve the trip down.
--friday night, arive at accomodation. hit the town for drinks.
--sat morning(recovery)/lunch drive (in group) to afew spots for 'sight seeing'/lunch = meet up with all the hachis for bbq/whatever then head out for a relaxing drive see what melbourne is all about.
--sat night find a road outter city... depending on how good it is either stay out late, or head back to city for more drinks.
--sunday head to calder park to watch how the melbourne region do their thing/meet with largest gathering of AE86's in AU EVER!. Pics/vids/talk, all that.
--late sunday arvo (or night).. or perhaps monday head back up to syd!

Ill do some research on clusters of petrol stations along the way. Im not sure about you guys. But Im looking at 190km-200km per tank. So thats a fair few stops for me!

Everyone make suggestions to my little list above and ill add them. Also if your in 100% (on near it) say so and you will be added to 'the list'.

This will possibly be the largest AE86 meet for years to come. So it must be attended.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2004 05:32]

mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sat, 09 October 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a great opportunity and probley been a couple of years before it will happen again thats if it does.so make the best of it now. just got to get started on my car. but should be ready even if i have to push it.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 10:52]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sat, 09 October 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrf_ool wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 20:47

just a great opportunity and probley been a couple of years before it will happen again thats if it does.so make the best of it now.

Well said my good man!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sat, 09 October 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ETA: (estimated time of arrival)

really, is that what it stands for?? Razz Razz

i was thinking, for us sa guys, we are prolly better off taking it easy on the trip, coz if we leave friday night and go too fast, we will get ther too early on sat morning, and mebbe we wint be able to get the hotel room?
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 10 October 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i dont even know where it is ( town etc. ) just want to go .. and places to stay motel, hotel camp sites ?
org86t
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 10 October 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basically, Sa guys are doing road trip to Vic for the Calder Park Drift coimp in dec.

o.k i read page 1 again
org86t
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 10 October 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Wed, 06 October 2004 22:44

get fucked up, crash.

dont say that jinxing all the ppl into crashing say sleep well or something ,while were on the subject can we sleep at the track eg:camp or something like that if so we coulg get every sprinter in town to come Shocked

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2004 11:53]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 10 October 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of the Melbourne boys (Tofu Garage) is organising an area at the track within the pits for some of the more modified AE86's to park during the event for a bit of a show.

As for camping at the track, I would hazard a guess and say not likely.

I'll be looking into accomodation this week and I'll post up prices here.

Cheers,

Jeremy.
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 10 October 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put me on the list of travellers from Sydney.

Puttin a new engine in mid next year, might as well make sure the mighty 4AC is well and truly dead before I rip it out!

Should be just back from schoolies and sober enough to drive, nothing holding me back here anymore!

And Ill talk my mate into it too, so we can have two 4AC Sprinters dragging along behind everyone else!

Can someone please send me some details of where all the action is goin down? cause I can only come if it is somewhere near Chadstone (at most 3hr drive from) cause I won't have any money for accomodation thanks to schoolies, but I got rellos around Chadstone....unless I sleep in the back...hmmmm.

Cheers.
-Whitchy-
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Sun, 10 October 2004 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
org86t, so your in or what? Only say yes if your 100% Or close to it.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 11 October 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHITCHY wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 00:26

Put me on the list of travellers from Sydney.

Puttin a new engine in mid next year, might as well make sure the mighty 4AC is well and truly dead before I rip it out!

Should be just back from schoolies and sober enough to drive, nothing holding me back here anymore!

And Ill talk my mate into it too, so we can have two 4AC Sprinters dragging along behind everyone else!

Can someone please send me some details of where all the action is goin down? cause I can only come if it is somewhere near Chadstone (at most 3hr drive from) cause I won't have any money for accomodation thanks to schoolies, but I got rellos around Chadstone....unless I sleep in the back...hmmmm.

Cheers.
-Whitchy-

Whitchy there are lots of AE86s from that area going so it will be easy to get a ride across to Calder no problems . Just post in the Melbourne section and someone will give you a ride .

4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 11 October 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The drive from Syd to Melb is about the same from Adelaide to Melb. Its a laid-back days drive. SHould be awsome to see a big turnout. So everyone who is 'considering' get off yo ass and come along.

It will be one to go down in Aussie hachi history.
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 11 October 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah org86t is in for the moment unless some thing really bad happens.like he dies or something . but he is coming even if i have to tow his car
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 11 October 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So does everyone mind straying from a direct route significantly to observe the scenic route for awhile. Its not most efficient, however the direct route is simply a hwy and once we're in melbourne we'll have passed the nice roads by a few 100kms. I dont want to drive 900km to go for a 'cruise' down their main strip. Infact Its probably best we stay away from their main strips whilst in a convoy. I've heard the vic cops are more harsh?.

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 11 October 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is a good idea. I would prefer to drive a bit longer and make it a bit more interesting!

Dunno about everyone else, but I was contemplating doing a little bit of the Great Ocean Rd too while I'm down there. Could this be something to do on Saturday?
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Mon, 11 October 2004 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great Ocean Rd, thats right.

I've heard many things about this road... I will plot down some routes with maps and have them up soon just to see what everyone thinks.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool.

Also, can I get a ballpark figure for what people are willing to spend on accomodation per night?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm

Any Melbourians have a large crash house where we can all chip in for accomodation and food? This would be sooooo much cheaper, and the house owner would be happy with free rent for the rest of the year! (lets say 50 hachis - $50 per night each) you do the math!

Some of the ladies in the convoy must have cooking and cleaning skills Razz j/k but definately if we cook meals to share imagine how much we could save.

I think the other necessity will be the animal repeller whistles for the front of each car - they are about $10, saving you a whole front end conversion from a roo smashing into the front!

mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm. I might be keen to venture down from queensland for this one. I'm well overdue for a holiday.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 11:02

hmmmm

Any Melbourians have a large crash house where we can all chip in for accomodation and food? This would be sooooo much cheaper, and the house owner would be happy with free rent for the rest of the year! (lets say 50 hachis - $50 per night each) you do the math!

Some of the ladies in the convoy must have cooking and cleaning skills Razz j/k but definately if we cook meals to share imagine how much we could save.

I think the other necessity will be the animal repeller whistles for the front of each car - they are about $10, saving you a whole front end conversion from a roo smashing into the front!

Yeah, that's a good idea, but I dunno how likely it is Confused

As for the animal repeller things, do tell more! I've never heard of these.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think they are like little whistles that you attach to the front of the car so it whistles a high pitch (unheard from the human ear) to repels animals from coming onto the road. I've heard of many success stories with the usage of these things, as well as many regretful stories of not investing in one!!

so yeah, i'm buying 3 Very Happy

f*^kin roos Twisted Evil
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 11:19

i think they are like little whistles that you attach to the front of the car so it whistles a high pitch (unheard from the human ear) to repels animals from coming onto the road. I've heard of many success stories with the usage of these things, as well as many regretful stories of not investing in one!!

so yeah, i'm buying 3 Very Happy

f*^kin roos Twisted Evil

So where do we get 'em??? They would also be good for the Ol Pac too. Almost mashed a Possum last week.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well the Mrs is out, but i'm most likly still in still some stuff to sort out & i'm trying to tee up a mate to come down with me for company in the car, but i'm about 90% in, i can't fucking wait!!!!!

Audioslaver where do we get these whistles?
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I vote Des just buys 5 and leads the convoy. Laughing

Im also interested in this whistle tho.. i almost took out a family of some form of wild ducks on the OP a few weeks back. Shocked
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might be interested on this cruise, if my wheel bearing doesn't give out again, the wheel bearing has been pissing me off replaced it like 3 times already. Razz
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This isnt just a cruise.

This is the hachi owners mecca! How often are people going to be willing to travel this far again. Its now or never. Ill put you down as possibility J-AE86..

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 02:43]

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 12:43

This isnt just a cruise.

Its now or never.

These are the reasons why i am trying so hard to come cause it'll probably never happen again!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 12:07

I vote Des just buys 5 and leads the convoy. Laughing

Im also interested in this whistle tho.. i almost took out a family of some form of wild ducks on the OP a few weeks back. Shocked

stuff y00!! Laughing me no al queda suicide hachi! Evil or Very Mad

i think you can get em at Super shit, i think even servos, keep ur eyes peeled for em and grab one if you fill up next time

J-AE86 i guess you're going to pop your lights down for this one Laughing

mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scenic route please all we need is to get the convoy held up plus save us getting to board. another question is there any P platers coming we should take that in to account..
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha P platers stuck on 80 = extra 3 hours Laughing

is that the max speed you guys can go?
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeha me be a P plater, and so is my mate.

Des: Max speed for P plater is 90 Km/H

Since it is too hard to pull the P plate off the dash and boot and go full speed, I think we will just stick to 90 and catch up in Melb. Laughing

Once we are in Melbourne it won't matter, as their system allows L and P platers to do whatever the speed limit is, and I have some VIC P plates so we can just slap them on, its only on the NSW side that there is an issue.

But we have a system that will get us by!

-Whitchy-

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 08:40]

mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe the P platers can do there own convoy if enough and leave earlier and can catch up along the way..abit b4 we get there
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
L plates = 80km/h.
red P plates = 90km/h.
green P plates = 100km/h
no P plates = 110km/h.

im a green P plater, and what i do is keep my front P plate in the front corner of my windscreen, so i can take it out or put it back in a flash, and keep the rear P plate partially behind the rear number plate. i reckon all the P platers going just have a rear P plate on, or none at all, if we are all in convoy, we'll be close together, so we can all go the same speed, instead of P platers lagging behind. Smile

fucking hell im touching wood ive still got my license till we go down there!! Shocked

TOUCH WOOD!!
TOUCH WOOD!!
TOUCH WOOD!!
TOUCH WOOD!! lol. Laughing
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now or never. i like that

anyone who doesnt come is soft, and isnt a true member of the cult that is known as hachi roku.. umm or something like that Rolling Eyes lol

whats with the speed limit worries, u wimps. just take the p plates off, who cares ur gonna be in another state, just say 'no speekie engrish' hahaha

as for accomodation, make it cheap, need money for drinks, food, drinks, fuel and drinks. the groupy meals idea wont work, we will want food fast, and personally im buying all my meals, dont wanna cook and i cant anyways.

anyone from canberra coming?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 20:01

as for accomodation, make it cheap, need money for drinks, food, drinks, fuel and drinks. the groupy meals idea wont work, we will want food fast, and personally im buying all my meals, dont wanna cook and i cant anyways.

anyone from canberra coming?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

You never fail to crack me up Arch......

Are we gonna see a similar display from you at this event?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what being a pissed cunt 90% of the time?

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/updated route info.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn i wanna go Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Aust's Largest AE86 meet. Tue, 12 October 2004 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
i dont mind trying hide the P platers in the convoy. aslong as if want to go just go because its going to be awsome. getting started on my paint job should be do in about 3 weeks then onto the motor . and then on with the finishing touch my plates. can't bloody wait.. maybe some new tyres
Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 WEEKEND 11th,12thDEC..THE ITINERARY...(MELB)
Next Topic:Classic CROWN Cruise Aug 21Now with Pics
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 13:32:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012424945831299 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.