Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Not evenly lowered??? why Wed, 06 October 2004 11:13 Go to next message
Hey guys..i lowered my car ages ago and replaced the bushes to netheline..(how ever u spell it. But the car is always lower on one side by about 1.5 to 2cm. Before the bushes it was the drivers side that was lower..now its the passenger side that is lower...its shitting me to tears cause I have it dumped perfectly 3 inches and looks good on one side and well higher on the other. anyone experienced this on the GZ20...or knows the causse…
Ohh its standard suspension by the way TERMS
  Send a private message to this user    
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Wed, 06 October 2004 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So am I an imbecile or no one knows what I am on about...by the way I had the camber adjusted recently and I friend told me it could be too much negative camber on the drivers side?? Anyways I guess no-one has an opinion….
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Wed, 06 October 2004 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bent suspension component?
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Wed, 06 October 2004 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
broken spring...?
bent suspension...?
large girlfriend...?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Wed, 06 October 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shite man boyan wtf happened , im gonna lower my car as well , i was gonna ask u if u can help me do it as i know shit all fark i dunno if mine will do the same thing , maybe u got the wrong bushes man like2 different sizes or something , but that still wont equate for 1.5 inch difference maybe u springs arent right did u try fitting back the ols springs a seeing if it still happened i want to do my bushes in noleathene as well

how much did that cost you ???????
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Thu, 07 October 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve I removed the shock my self and the springs with a spring compressor. Then I had them compressed for I think about 120 for the lot about 3 years ago. And the difference in hight is 1.5 centimetres not inches...
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Thu, 07 October 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it only on the front? if so you could of mixed up the drivers and passanger side springs as they are different height to compensate for you, the driver always beign on the drivers side. If i was you i would pull the springs out and check which one is higher and put it in the drivers side and the other one in the passanger side. I dont know if this helps you out but i had the same problem a few years ago when i drove a falcon and put my own springs in....i didnt notice the little "D" and "P" letters on the tag...so yeh

thats my 2 cents hope it helps u out Cool

Adam
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Thu, 07 October 2004 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when ur springs were compressed maybe one side was done more than the other or maybe one has collapsed. i 've heard about compressed springs collapsing before Sad
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Thu, 07 October 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh shite then what now maybe driver passenger mix up gotta look out for mine then
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Thu, 07 October 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 21:52

is it only on the front? if so you could of mixed up the drivers and passanger side springs as they are different height to compensate for you, the driver always beign on the drivers side. If i was you i would pull the springs out and check which one is higher and put it in the drivers side and the other one in the passanger side. Cool

Adam

This would have been my response - I physically measured the spring wire diameter and determined that the drivers side is equipped with a stiffer spring.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 October 2004 23:06]

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Thu, 07 October 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you changed the bushes is it possible that you tightened them all before you had the cars weight on it?
Loosen off the bushes so that they are able to rotate with the suspension arms. Then re-tighten them once the car is sitting on its wheels (you may need to have it on ramps to get under the car). I doubt this would be you're problem (It is possible though) plus you dont want the nolathane bushes to tear or wear prematurely.
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Fri, 08 October 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually the drivers side and passendger side response makes a lot of sence..thanks adam..i haven't checked that when i did put the spring back in 3 years ago...damn now i have to take the front shocks off...and yeah its front only the rears is eqaual..
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Fri, 08 October 2004 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do the soarer springs have that letter P and D on the springs and were would it be located if they do...maybe i can check while they are on the car...
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Fri, 08 October 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey boyan have the part numbers for those bushes matey im gonna be doing them soon as well , what did it cost you as well
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Fri, 08 October 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thinks i got ripped of lol...i had them custom made...and its cost me too much about a grand to get them made and fitted...too much..you can get them from repco..just ask for MA70 supra bushes..they aroud $300 for the front bottom one and same for the rear..
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Fri, 08 October 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By Front bottom i mean just the bottom control arms...but since your car has such low kays i doubt u need them..
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Fri, 08 October 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks man , but they cost a fair bit , lolllllllll
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Fri, 08 October 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohh that was with ball joints changed as well....i had no choise i had to do it..thats what u get when u dump the car to a stupid height.... Very Happy
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Fri, 08 October 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shite man , im gonna suffer then mines dropping to 2 inch i think fark trouble then , u reckon u can help me put the springs in if u have some spare time , not very soon though
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Fri, 08 October 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have a spring compressor no more...but i can help you with putting in your shocks..give me a call
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Fri, 08 October 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers i ring u sometime soon Smile Smile Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Fri, 08 October 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where did you chumps get your springs from?

Are they just kings or have you done a makita on them??

Ive considered the makita treatment a couple of times when looking at the car and seeing how jacked it was but then i remeber the good old days of springs falling out when going over speedhumps Rolling Eyes
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Fri, 08 October 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah mines lovells not chopped theres a set of shocks and springs in the for sale ad for the ma70 supra they damn low though , but they will fit the soarer
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Not evenly lowered??? why Sat, 09 October 2004 01:29 Go to previous message
happy to help mate i dont think the tags will still be on ur springs since they are made of paper and ur springs are a few years old, you could try checking the diameter of the spring with verniers but while you have the wheel off u might as well just take em off....what the heck make a day of it Very Happy is the soarer set up same as ma70? We just put in some teins in my bros car and the upper control arms were a bitch to get off (good ol grinder) good luck mate

Adam
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RA23 flasher can
Next Topic:3t motor? 18rg motor?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 28 09:17:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011071920394897 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.