Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 00:56 Go to next message
Nice gear, but check out how he removed them and the subsequent results !!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&category=33564&item=7926583614& rd=1

Bloody ametuers Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bahahaha, now, where did I put that sledgehammer? Laughing
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf, thats almost as stupid as this 16yr old on the vwvortex posting "hey guys i painted my brake calipers!"

and then everyone replying

"you fucking idiot! Those are you brakes!!!"

hahahahahahah
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have no words
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the bit that he has the cheek to say that just machine them and they'll be OK Confused Freak Eye Spin

I know there are some noobs out there that aren't sure so sometimes ask some seemingly dumb questions, but this rates as the all time best.

It even beats the "I wanna slam my car down 5" so how many coils do I cut off ?" Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Freak Freak Nope Freak

[Updated on: Fri, 08 October 2004 01:28]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuckin moron
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 11:28

fuckin moron

In two words... Yes !!

PS Where is my manifold !!! Surprised
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

My god! some one should take a slegde hammer to his head!
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manifold, is, errr, um, in the post! yes, yes thats right, its, um, in the post!!

absolutely in the post!

no doubt about it!

**sound of distant screeching tyres as ed drives off to the post office...**

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 12:10

**sound of distant screeching tyres as ed drives off to the post office...**

Laughing No hurry, just remembered about it the other day ....
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lyle-act wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 11:03

wtf, thats almost as stupid as this 16yr old on the vwvortex posting "hey guys i painted my brake calipers!"

and then everyone replying

"you fucking idiot! Those are you brakes!!!"

hahahahahahah

HAHAHHAAHHAHAHA Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing some machining couldnt fix Rolling Eyes

As for that dumb fucker that painted is his brakes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

fucking ricers Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmmm

Only $50 (US) right now, sound like an absolute bargain.

Best start bidding now and hope i win Shocked

Do you think he could color code them for me as well?

ROTFLMSLAO Laughing
rollaboi
Regular

September 2004
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg... wat a dumbass
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldnt the people who have actually put bids on these f*cked up brakes be the dumbarses now??
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Fri, 08 October 2004 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we should start a fund, all pitch in a dollar and see what these brakes are actualy like, and then frame them Very Happy

with a big plauqe that says ONLY IN AMERICA Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Sat, 09 October 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of painting brake rotors. My "ricer" friends owns a jzz30 soarer and he is positive that they will work fine after he paints the rotors black.

I tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen so he will be getting it done soon. Should I do more to stop him or let him do it???

I would think that the pads would scrape the paint of the rotors pretty damn quick anyway.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Sat, 09 October 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 10:25

speaking of painting brake rotors. My "ricer" friends owns a jzz30 soarer and he is positive that they will work fine after he paints the rotors black.

I tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen so he will be getting it done soon. Should I do more to stop him or let him do it???

I would think that the pads would scrape the paint of the rotors pretty damn quick anyway.

Errrrr. That wouldnt be very friendly, legal, or safe i'd imagine.

The best scenario i can think of(5 minutes after waking up) is that they brakes would work ok but produce alot of smoke from the paint burning off.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Sat, 09 October 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 10:56

Nice gear, but check out how he removed them and the subsequent results !!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&category=33564&item=7926583614& rd=1

Bloody ametuers Rolling Eyes

Oh YOUR god!
Thats just horrible...he needs to be commited, i wonder why he wont ship to Canada? Smile

I think thats as bad as me cutting seized bearings off shafts with an angle grinder...the trick is to not score the shaft too much Wink
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Sun, 10 October 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe he's scared that if the Canunks get a hold of the butchering they would commit him.

"We're americans!"

Nob Jockeys, the whole damn lot of 'em.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Sun, 10 October 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could say those marks are there coz their cross-drilled Rolling Eyes
honestly, you cant be stupid enough to whack out a sledgehammer Shocked

Fukin idiot Laughing
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Sun, 10 October 2004 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is now up to USD $202.50 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

The yanks hate shipping to Canada for somme reason Confused

Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Sun, 10 October 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tis coz they have to apply a percentage shipping fee when goin to Canada. Something like 8% more. Thats what people told me when i shipped over here.

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Sun, 10 October 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I noticed the guy also said something about not accepting negative comments.

Maybe we should bombard him with them just to annoy him. Evil or Very Mad

I hope the "guy" who buys the discs sues the sellers butt off after being humiliated by the machine shop he takes the discs to be "machined"

At least the machine shop guys will have a story to tell. Laughing Laughing Laughing
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Tue, 12 October 2004 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is now up to USD $455 with 6 hours to go and there has been 14 bids.

OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Wed, 13 October 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a dork: everyone knows that you put a lump of wood over expensive, machined + balanced components before BELTING THE FVCK OUT OF IT with a big-arsed hammer. Doesn't America have bearing pullers?

It's actually a shame the moron wasn't fitting them with the sledgey, so He could find out what happens to wheels + tyres when a rotor explodes after he's terminally cracked it!!

The suggestion to Dremel the stud-holes is equal parts comical and scary. He's obviously not thinking too far ahead, like... . . to when you've gotta put a wheel on the hub!!

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 00:40]

boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Wed, 13 October 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you people are missing the point.
if someone buys them, and puts them on their car, there is a high level of chance that thre is going to be some kind of catastrophic brake fail and a corresponding crash.....
without sounding like an asshole, but really, who cares, one down, only like 120 million to go Laughing
i would be interested to see what the general reaction would be if these things were to be sold in australia.... to see if some of the ricers are as dumb as the americans Rolling Eyes
but your absolutely right, only in america, the land of the free, the chev and the sledge hammer instead of bearing pullers.
and sillycar, i absolutely agree, he should have put them on like that to experience first hand the stupidity of it all.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Wed, 13 October 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make that 250million.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Wed, 13 October 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 07:25

It is now up to USD $455 with 6 hours to go and there has been 14 bids.

OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ended up at USD $510, near enough to $700 aussie smackaroos.....
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Wed, 13 October 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very very silly
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How not to remove brake discs from a hub !! Only in the States !!! Wed, 13 October 2004 06:11 Go to previous message
U can guess why almost every person who get's nominated in the darwin awards is a yank.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Good Wreckers etc In Brisbane ?
Next Topic:bringing a car down from sydney
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 13:06:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069890022277832 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.