Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
icon13.gif  97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Tue, 12 October 2004 14:32 Go to next message
I had a power run on my soarer just to see what it puts out before i do the new mods to the engine and all i got is 97 rwkw Now my engine was standard with exception of a 3 inch cat back exaust and a POD filter ... its a gen 2 with A340 trany.
Now this is the bit that confuses me..i did the compression test and cylinders one, tree,four and six had 150 psi and cylinder two and five had 145psi..by all stadards this is good..unless the 1GGTE is meant to have 160 psi from factory...

So why do i hear other people have 110rwkw to 130rwkw out their stock 1G and i got louzy 97rwkw.. By the way it was running very rich...
I am getting a EMS for it and got a new HKS cooler with cleaned injectors and full 3"inch exaust i want 170rwkw..but i am worrried by this power run that i won't get that..any help or advice would be great... Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
Ra28Freak
Regular

September 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Tue, 12 October 2004 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could say that because it was rich that it wasnt making the power you want but it could be so many things and remeber the gen 2 ran less boost than the gen 3 that you will probably be getting your numbers from dont worry too much it will be fairly easy to get more power out of her by the way of bleed valve perhaps and the rest of your mods its all good
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cause its a gen2 gen2 put out from 95-115

plus you have an auto, they always read lower on dynos

dynos are for tuning not a performance indicator
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool...is that compression reading i have of 150 psi good...is that what they are mean to have
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
150 is good yes
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheheheh i nearly fell of my chair when i read the post boyan ,welcome to the stocker soarer world i got freeking 92 or so kw when i did mine , but that an absolute stocker , with a charcoal coloured air filter

oh btw mine ran like a pig as well i think afr was like 11.5-12 or so dyno wouldnt measure past that, and u supposed to have 10 which is good maybe its the other way around i forget now , well there was blacksmoke every where in the back and people in the back were running for cover rubbing their eyes , also peak power came at 92kw @ 8 psi

what figures did u get

so from what u been through im guessing a cat back system and pod nearly 700 dollars and i can look at getting 5 kw increase , fuck dat i want moreeee Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

mines running a modified stock airbox now thats about it

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 03:27]

BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
icon10.gif  Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah does sound shocking ha...but apperently it doesn't like the 3"ich cat back exaust cause it ran even richer cause of it..something to do with the oxygen sensor...but i heard other people get 113rwkw when they fiddle with the AFM to get the mixture right..i don't care either way i got an aftermarket computer now so that will fix the bitch up Very Happy... its also supose to get rid of the lag at the start cause he will advance the timing before the boost comes on with the EMS and then bring it back while o boost...anyways i'll see how it goes...but yeah i was hopping for 110rwkw...damn 1G's
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about the safc dude are u gonna use it if not then im looking for one lemme know , so u reckon 3 inch isnt worth it , maybe iil go 2.5 inch then that will be the best i reckon , i alredy have a 3 inch hiflow cat but willbe using it with the 2.5 inch anyway see what happens

btw isnt the4 o2 sensor near the turbos , why does the cat back affect it,hmm

also is ur car loud with the catback system any droning

cheers

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 04:38]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check my other thread, I've come to the realisation after talking to many people that as long as the first section of the exhaust is big enough, the rear section being 2.5" isn't going to be too much of an issue. Just go 3" up to your cat and then 2.5" from then on.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh thats what i was looking for so 3 inch from dump pipe of turbo to cat ( which is a hiflow 3 inch one) - then 2.5 inch after that to the end ,

that should do it hopefully

will i need a rear muffler of any sort i was thinking of adding a hot dog and then a nice tip as i dont like the look of canons on the soarer , looks shit
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just get a decent muffler. Just tell the exhaust shop you don't want a cannon. You shouldn't need a resonator as well on a 1G.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a straight through lukey 2.5" muffler on my car, and a 2.5" cat... the car is quiet enough, I can barely hear it at idle!
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mein is very droning beetween 55 to 65 km but my is an auto also lol my exaust system belive me you can hear it but then again i do have a straight trough muffler.. it soudns great at full trottle as for the SAFC i got rid of it as i decided to go the full hog and get the Wolf3d EMS so i didn't need it...
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of muffler?
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Err..not to sound like a dickhead i had the exaust done 4 years ago and all i know its straight trough muffler...with a 5 inch Hi-tech tip..you know the stupid ones u can fit a babies head in.(I was young and stupid Confused )i've been meaning to change it but haven't got around to it..but yeah sounds great when you boot it and you can't hear it at idle..but it does dron because of the auto transmition i reccon...can get anoying...

Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got 167rwkw out of my stock 1g Very Happy Very Happy and it was easy JUST GIVE IT MORE BOOOOOOOOOOST Evil or Very Mad and my exhaust is 3" all the way with one muffler on it and no cat(opps)

BEN
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Err how da hell did you get that on a stock 1g..i guess its a manual...how much boost were your running..16psi..isn't it running rich..and i guess this is with the stock filter and cooler..your engine is gen3 1G yeah...

So why da hell would i have problems making 170kw + out of my 1g once i put the Wolf EMS and wind the boost to 15psi..Someone explain this to me..

Since the EMS will give more aggresive tuning like the gen 3 1GGTE's..err i am confused... Confused
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah with also with that HKS cooler and shit i mentioned at the start of the tread...err...i got no cat too Very Happy... so am i aiming to hight with a gen2 auto to make about 170rwkw??? with those mods...i mean other i getting close over 160rwkw with just and exaust and boost to 14psi...
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine was on 16psi boost and I am running a EMS computer with a stock cooler
I now have a big fmic and am going to screw as much boost as I can get out of the stock turbos to see how much powas they are capable of

BEN
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit sounds good do tellme what you get with the FMIC and upping the boost. but i thought the ct12's run out off puff after 16psi...
Would it be wise for me to run 16psi..i have a HKS intercooler ..Damn it i want more power scoty Very Happy
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the stock cooler it would get to 16psi then drop off to 14 as the air got hot,
Hopfully with the new cooler it won't have this problem
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that makes sence i guess, still you didn't tell me is yours a gen3 1G and is it amnual..just curious...By the way is it safe to run them to 16psi...i know 14 is ok just curious to know when i get my EMS tuned on what to set the boost level on...
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should see the 1G-GTE bottom end... it's really beefy!

I'm really looking forward to doing some more stuff to this engine.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 20:18

You should see the 1G-GTE bottom end... it's really beefy!

Haha, it is? Go check out the bottom end of a 1UZFE and you'll feel inadequate Laughing Still, they are bloody tough regardless.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz the 1UZ has to deal with a little more torque!
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok a few things that you need to consider

1 a Toyota auto will produce around 15% less at the wheels .
So with a manual you should be looking at around 115 rwkw

2. With adding boost this will make a huge difference i think 1ggte are around 9 psi stock so if this is correct then you should be able to make about 30 rwkw more with boost .

The other secret is to keep boost up the high end of the rev range . if the engine makes 15 psi at 4000 rpm and 12 at 5500 then peak power is calculated at around 5000-6000 rpm . you have effectivley measured the engine performance power ouput at 12 psi ,2 psi could easily be responsible for 10 rwkw or more

3. You SIMPLY cannot compare two different dynos . EVEN in shootout mode on dyno dynamics it depends on the location of the air temp sensor . some operators switch it off others hang it on the side of the dyno . others sit it on the top of the hot engine for five minutes before placing it .My own car has had varied readings of around 20% difference from dyno to dyno

4 . The section of exhuast between the dumps and the cat is CRITICAL . it gets the air past the turbos as fast as possible and removes heat .

removing heat means more power and helping flow prevents boost drop off

With the hiperboost controllers we have also found a way to ensure boost can be maintained through the entire rev range or even increased above a particular rpm .although it usually best to first fix the reason for the boost drop off
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its asking for trouble runnin 16 psi i personally ouldnt go past 14 should the intercooler be changed for the stock 1g-gte gen 2 motor or is it good enuf to run the 14 psi boost as ive noticed the inlet and outlet is very small and the pipes are very much cramped in it

how much bigger coolers are u guys getting ive seen the hybrid ones but they look too big for the soarer they like 800x300x80 i think

id be more inclined to go for 600x250x70 or so , lesser lag and the radiator will get some air as well , cause ive also been told that the oil filter is water cooled in the 1g-gte so if the radiator isnt ooling well the oil will be hoter so will the tranny because of the cooler inside the radiator

boyan man i was looking for an safc i didnt know u were selling if not i would have got it off you damn too late now
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Wed, 13 October 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLK1ggte: could you please let me know how you go when you get the Wolf installed as I am using the same ECU on my 1jz-gte.

Also, my old gz20 soarer with 2.5" press bent exhaust and air filter made 94rwkw. they didn't have an Air/fuel thingy but you could literally see fuel coming out the exhaust!!!
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Thu, 14 October 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve(indian) If you want a cooler go to the this link.http://www.importbitz.com.au/cooling.htm. I bought the HKS one for the GZ20 supra. The core size is actually 520x220x70 Its a straight fit and uses stock piping. It works great...as for the piping its fine i removed it when i installed it and the only restriction is the driver side pipe which is a bit squashed to pass between the fan shroud and the chasie ..Wouldn’t be too much of a problem but. The rest of the pipes are full diameter.

Chris I’ll be putting the Wolf3d Ver4 in two weeks and dynoing it so i definitely let you know how it goes...i am hopping i see good results since i heard good thing about the Wolf3d...

Paul thanks for that info about the dyno..i ordered your Hyper boost today...i think i'll just stick to running 15psi all day everyday... Very Happy

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Thu, 14 October 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLK1GGTE wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 10:32

Steve(indian) If you want a cooler go to the this link.http://www.importbitz.com.au/cooling.htm. I bought the HKS one for the GZ20 supra. The core size is actually 520x220x70 Its a straight fit and uses stock piping. It works great...as for the piping its fine i removed it when i installed it and the only restriction is the driver side pipe which is a bit squashed to pass between the fan shroud and the chasie ..Wouldn’t be too much of a problem but. The rest of the pipes are full diameter.

Chris I’ll be putting the Wolf3d Ver4 in two weeks and dynoing it so i definitely let you know how it goes...i am hopping i see good results since i heard good thing about the Wolf3d...

Paul thanks for that info about the dyno..i ordered your Hyper boost today...i think i'll just stick to running 15psi all day everyday... Very Happy

you wont be dissapointed with the controller.. made a marked difference to my 1jz
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Thu, 14 October 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ive seen those coolers but wanted something different but maybbe its the best option

any differene with the new intercooler man , or u still yet to test it

what about this one

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=32624&item=2494104827&rd=1

any good ., ive posted this on the pressure drop thread as well

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 01:31]

BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Thu, 14 October 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i heard nothing but good things about Hyper boost..

Steve the cooler is good...made a marginal diffrence on a hot day..yesterday but otherwise not much..but at least there is no added lag..the benefits will come when i boost it...as for bigger intercooler, i don't think you need anything bigger on stadard turbos...u'll just get more lag...just my opinion..ohh yeah and you save money on piping since you can use the stock pipes and it just bolts on in 5 minutes...to eazy
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Thu, 14 October 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLK1GGTE
My engine is a gen3 and it runs at 16psi all day and some times 18psi (when I want to do 3rd gear hellies) but you will find that the stock turbos make power from 3800rpm to 5700rpm so you realy only have 2000rpm of power to get your power to increase you need to put a single turbo on it, Then you don't have to run as much boost to get the same power,

For example; a set of stock turbos will handl 14psi all day and make about 130-140kw
And a single turbo set up will make the same power at about 10psi, and the single turbo will handle higher boost with out a problem

BEN
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Fri, 15 October 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that Siktoy..Single is out of question for now...so the 2 extra psi is worth 20rwkw...hmm..i am just worried since my is a gen2 that the turbos will granade them self at anything above 1 bar...ill see when it comes to the dyno tuning the ECU what diffrence there will be beetween 14psi and running 16psi...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Fri, 15 October 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why would they grenade themselves above 14psi?
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Fri, 15 October 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed don't know.. how long can they haddle it that boost presure??...the car is not driven every single day...and the turbos have no shaft play..just want to utilize my front mount cooler Very Happy cause i know they generate a lot of heat above 14psi but i be interested to know how well they can handle 16psi..don't want to have to replace them in 4 months ....thats all
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Fri, 15 October 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, a few people have been running a little over 14psi for a long time. I think it all comes down to helping the turbos work better. Free up the exhaust, don't make them force through a restrictive intercooler (the factory one aint so great) and they'll reward you with boosty goodness Razz
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Fri, 15 October 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool..that makes sence..well got a full 3 inch exaust and a good cooler that flows better so i guess that would be all i can do to get them flowing more freely..hmm i amliking that 16psi figure allready Very Happy... Thx for the info...
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Fri, 15 October 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget a blow off valve Very Happy
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Fri, 15 October 2004 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't need one...its Auto transmition...happy with the fluttering noise without a AFM ...lol psssst ..lol rice Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Sat, 16 October 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLK1GGTE wrote on Sat, 16 October 2004 04:19

Don't need one...its Auto transmition...happy with the fluttering noise without a AFM ...lol psssst ..lol rice Very Happy

..... bov's do serve a purpose
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why Sat, 16 October 2004 03:00 Go to previous message
BLK1GGTE wrote on Sat, 16 October 2004 03:49

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age engine swap question
Next Topic:Workshop Manual
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 28 10:39:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068070888519287 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.