Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » CT12's.......?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gtguru
Newcomer

October 2004
icon5.gif  CT12's.......? Tue, 12 October 2004 00:01 Go to next message
Wondering if someone can help me out with the A/R ratio and trim figures of the compressor and turbine of the CT12 turbo. (not the 12A or B) Confused
Thanx.
Witts.
  Send a private message to this user    
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: CT12's.......? Tue, 12 October 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can work out the A/R's yourself by measuring the inlet ID on the turbine housing and from the centre of the turbine wheel to the centre of the inlet (top of the flange), kind of hard to explain without putting up a diagram.

As for wheel trim information Toyota has never published any information on the trims on any of their turbochargers, certainly not to the public anyway.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 01:28]

gtguru
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: CT12's.......? Tue, 12 October 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah sure. That would be good if I had one to measure. Thats why I asked if someone could tell me..... Rolling Eyes
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: CT12's.......? Tue, 12 October 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a few dead ones u can have!
gtguru
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: CT12's.......? Tue, 12 October 2004 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would be great! Would it be possible to COD them or I could come down and pick them up. Very Happy I've been trying to track down cheap basic rebuild kits for them.. You wouldn't know where to get them would you???
Thanx heaps for your help!
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: CT12's.......? Wed, 13 October 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u can come pick em up if u like
when were u thinkin of doin it?
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: CT12's.......? Thu, 14 October 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is all i could find:

http://www.toysport.com/webpages/Techinfo/Referenc es/turbochargers.htm

see if it helps
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: CT12's.......? Thu, 14 October 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slightly unrelated, but some of those figures dont quite seem right.
it lists the efficiency of the CT26 as being 65, but i have seen a compressor map of a CT26 that has a huge island in the middle with an efficiency of 72. . . . .
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: CT12's.......? Thu, 14 October 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone told me that rebuilding them is somewhere in the vicintity of $900 a turbo, if that is actually the case then it wouldnt even be worth rebuilding them as you could probably get something like a T28BB and manifold made for the same price, and thats even paying too much Smile
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CT12's.......? Thu, 14 October 2004 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 08:51

Someone told me that rebuilding them is somewhere in the vicintity of $900 a turbo, if that is actually the case then it wouldnt even be worth rebuilding them as you could probably get something like a T28BB and manifold made for the same price, and thats even paying too much Smile

I thought that the kits were only 300ish?

I mean its only really a few circlips, an oil seal, a few other seals and gaskets and the bushes! (and balancing of the turbo again after) if the shaft, wheels and housings are ok?

Cheers
Wilbo
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: CT12's.......? Thu, 14 October 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 08:38

MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 08:51

I thought that the kits were only 300ish?

I mean its only really a few circlips, an oil seal, a few other seals and gaskets and the bushes! (and balancing of the turbo again after) if the shaft, wheels and housings are ok?

Cheers
Wilbo

I got told that Ct12's are cartridge type and new cartridges were about $750 each...was I misinformed?

Does that mean you could steel wheel CT12s?

remeber CT12's are very different to CT12A's
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CT12's.......? Fri, 15 October 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CT12's are steel-wheeled in the first place.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: CT12's.......? Fri, 15 October 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 09:35

CT12's are steel-wheeled in the first place.

then why are they known to burn out so easily, someone on this forum, not naming names, told me they were deifintely ceramic Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CT12's.......? Fri, 15 October 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They don't burn out so easily. It's generally 1JZ's that spit their exhaust wheels into the cat. I only know one person who's said about them not being steel whereas everyone has said contrary.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: CT12's.......? Fri, 15 October 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the dude that told me that has a 1JZ so i think he might have been a little confused Rolling Eyes

On topic, due to the steel wheel is they why they are a little more laggy than CT12A's?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CT12's.......? Fri, 15 October 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, ok.

I haven't driven a 1JZ engine so I couldn't tell you for certain, but I doubt they would be, because they are smaller again.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: CT12's.......? Fri, 15 October 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
becuase i have considered putting on some CT12A's on with some sort of a home made adaptor for a little experiment but i was worried that the lag would just bee too damn much Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CT12's.......? Fri, 15 October 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is only one way to find out how they go on a 2l engine Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: CT12's.......? Fri, 15 October 2004 00:52 Go to previous message
hrmmmmm.....

anyone got a spare set of CT12A's? Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Iuz transplant