Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
4age engine swap question Fri, 15 October 2004 14:47 Go to next message
I own a AE82 seca with a 4age (bigport), i want to swap the engine with a lower kms, rebuilt 4age bigport, even tho they r the same engine, is there anything i should look out for when i do the swap.. EG- do i have to swap computers aswell? etc
  Send a private message to this user    
FOS53L
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: 4age engine swap question Fri, 15 October 2004 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ey man,
if the engines the same then u wont need to swap the computer aswell. yet if ur worried about it if u look on the fire wall behind the dash board around where the deck is ull find the ecu with 2 screws holding it in place and 1 big fat plug on it.
it aint hard to swap it over and all 4age harness should be the same neway. im fairly sure thats where ur ecu would be but like i said, dont bother changing it, it will run fine as will all other 4age engines.
goodluck with the change
laterz
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: 4age engine swap question Fri, 15 October 2004 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx m8

yeh the ECU (the silver box) is under the head deck

i mite swap it cos i kno that it works well so i guess i should trust that one, when i swap ecu's aswell will that reset the ECU or does it just a case or unpluggin and plugging in the other and thats it?

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4age engine swap question Fri, 15 October 2004 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any sort of performance upgrade with the new motor, cams, head ported, higher compression, if so then maybe aftermarket management to fully utilise the upgrades, but if both motors are standard, just use what you have

cheers

Steve
FOS53L
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: 4age engine swap question Sat, 16 October 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personaly i wouldnt bother changing the ecu at all yet its a good thing that you know where it is placed. like i said before if u feel like changing it then do it, its not a big issue, as for reseting it thats how it works the ecu is just a set program that tells the engine how to run depending on its conditions i dont think that they actualy have a memory in them yet some ppl like to beleive they do and that little mods such as ram pods will make an impact on the ecu and make it change settings. if thats the case, which im sure its not, then you shouldnt worry at all about what might be done to the new engine so on and so forth. as for after market ecu's and managment systems im not exactly a true beleiver in them, especialy not for small mods like air filters exhaust and head work. i mean, if you were to turbo the engine then sure go for one, or be like me and look towards a fuel pressure regulator yet thats not what this topic is about
custom ecu's and EMS systems are quite costly for ppl like u an me we can probably replace our cars with the cost of them (85 magna, 87 seca) lol so dont waste ur time with it, just get your new engine put in and live happily ever after, change the ecu if u feel like it, up to u.
Laterz
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: 4age engine swap question Sat, 16 October 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it just a feeling.. but i think i would keep the ECU and the engines with thier corresponding engine/ecu that they 'pair' up to...

and i dont want to mod my ECU, too risky in my opinion,
but yeh thx foss
Smile
i'll get it a try
FOS53L
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: 4age engine swap question Sat, 16 October 2004 03:22 Go to previous message
no worriez man,
it would be handy to have the spare ecu neway.
i heard of a few ppl being able to reprogram stock ecu's which could be helpful if u ever decide to do some serious mods and would probably be alot more cost effective than a aftermarket system, not sure who might be into doing that tho i got it on a dvd sum place but i think theyre in perth or sum shit like that lolz

goodluck
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Location of O2 sensor ????
Next Topic:97rwkw out of a standard gen2 1GGTE..er why
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 14:54:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.1276319026947 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.