Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Wed, 15 September 2004 09:46 Go to next message
Hah, i had a traffic light grand prix with a red 2 door r31 RS skyline with big white wheels... It was definately turbo, but im wondering if it was 2 or 3 litre...... cause i pipped it up to a certain speed (under speed limit ofcourse) and them BOOM! it flew by... Shocked

im only running 9psi till i get my new cooler, but it was nice and fast!
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Thu, 16 September 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was this around the North Shore?

I know the car fairly well..... It's a fucking EVIL machine.

R34 GTR RB26 fully rebuilt with crazy internals, cams, BIG single...... And a ridiculous amount of rwkw.

I'm gessing you pipped him coz he woulda just baked his tires giving it anything in 1st and 2nd.....

It's a DR30 RS Turbo.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Thu, 16 September 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm'ed u
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Mon, 11 October 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate .... lol ..

www.r31skylineclub.com

Thats where i'm from... and yes i have an R31.. but 4 door... the 2 doors are HR31s imports from Japan. the one you are refering to is called DR30 FJ20Det engine... The HR31's are 2 door coupes with the RB20DET engine 140 KW.. Nice car they are... i was bout to get one till i saw what they quoted me in the insurance.

2 of my mates have the HR31 2 door if ya wana see them in real life Very Happy

cheers,
~Alliance

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 11:02]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Mon, 11 October 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that car was insano... haha
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Tue, 12 October 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh just for your info, one of my mate just called me and said his selling his GTS-R

Thats GTS-R meaning only 800 ever made for the world in japan... if ya intersted, let me know, i'll give u link to the forum...

2 Door Skyline HR31 GTS-R Very Happy its a top car, i sat in it a few times.... always amazes me no matter what gear you're in, you will stick to the back of the seat.

Cheers,
Alliance
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Tue, 12 October 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 13:53

oh just for your info, one of my mate just called me and said his selling his GTS-R

Thats GTS-R meaning only 800 ever made for the world in japan... if ya intersted, let me know, i'll give u link to the forum...

2 Door Skyline HR31 GTS-R Very Happy its a top car, i sat in it a few times.... always amazes me no matter what gear you're in, you will stick to the back of the seat.

Cheers,
Alliance

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Did they make R32 GTSR's?????

My old one was a GTS-R, but I just thought someone had put the badges on it. It had a GTR bodykit except the wide guards and certain other bits. Does this mean I owned a rare limited edition one?
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Tue, 12 October 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ITs an R31 GTS-R... it should have for standard

BBS Wheels,
Rubber front spoiler
RB20DET-R Redtop engine
Rear Spoiler with the Nissan International Motorsport written on it.

ALso, should have a pretty big factory intercooler...

Now

how much did u sell it for??

and yes its a RARE LIMITED EDITION..... nissan built 800 of them where 500 went to homoligation group A racing.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Tue, 12 October 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually from your post... it sounds more like an R32 GTS-T...

R31s are different Very Happy So i guess u didnt have the Limited Edition Rarebird...

they are 88-89... and they are currently on sale for 17K at least... a good one for over 20K... "collectables" Very Happy i wish i could afford one.... but it'll just get stolen.... too hot.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Tue, 12 October 2004 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, it was a GTS-T, but it was badged as a GTS-R and had lots of different bits on it like what I mentioned above. Apart from the body, it appeared to have GTR brakes and rims amongst other things. It was also a blue colour (not resprayed) that I haven't seen on any other R32's.... Hmmmm.....
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Tue, 12 October 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh nah i aint interested in buying one, but that dr30 apparently had 370kw @ wheels on low boost, so just got my arsed handed to me rather hugely... hehehe Shocked
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Tue, 19 October 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a mate of a mate's car, don't know him personally, but i doubt there's two of 'em like that round here. If we're talking about the same car, standard brakes...

heard stories of cruising down the hume at 120, then him smoking sideways up the rd through 3rd, then 4th...
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Tue, 19 October 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-gt- wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 11:15

standard brakes...

heard stories of cruising down the hume at 120, then him smoking sideways up the rd through 3rd, then 4th...

Yep..... That would most definately be him! Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Tue, 19 October 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was it white?

if so, i saw it the other night, from the window at work.

fuuuuuuucking sideways at the st leonards lights!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Tue, 19 October 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 19:01

was it white?

if so, i saw it the other night, from the window at work.

fuuuuuuucking sideways at the st leonards lights!

Nah, red with 17" white Enkei 5 spokes.

Sounds like him tho Laughing Meybe he sprayed it!
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Tue, 19 October 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hah, i can remember in my turbo sprinter having a traffic light bingle at st leonards up near new orleans cafe, getting a bit sideways turning from military road!!! haha was fun times. I thought you worked at st leonards i always see your car around there.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Tue, 19 October 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and that skyline was a fucking MONSTER. I was kind of shocked and thought my car must have something wrong with it if it was a standard engine dr30... but good ole 4agte is doing fine
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Anyone know someone in sydney with a 2 door r31 skyline? Thu, 21 October 2004 02:04 Go to previous message
wish there were some pics/info on the net about this monster.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:drive thru (not really a war story but yeah...)
Next Topic:Home mechanic war stories
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 02:16:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058670043945312 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.