Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1UZFE engine dimensions ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
soo33y
Newcomer

October 2004
1UZFE engine dimensions ? Sun, 24 October 2004 07:39 Go to next message
Hey guys,

I have been searching for the dimensions of the 1UZFE and can't seem to find any at all.

Seems to me like quite a few people here have used this engine for conversions - this is exactly what I would like to do.

But first up - I need to see whether its going to fit in my engine bay Smile (Fingers crossed)

So anyone at there got the dimensions ??

Thanks,
Daniel.
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Sun, 24 October 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As a rough guide, a 1UZ will fit inside a 700mm cube. If you can fit a cube like that in your engine bay you should be fine!
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Mon, 25 October 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how long's a 4M? have to be same or longer right? i don't think i have anything to worry about, mx22 has a pretty spacious engine bay. any reccommendations about which half cut to get for my application anybody? i'll need the radiator, probly the steering rack as well. better front calipers wouldn't be bad either.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Mon, 25 October 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4M will be longer, but also no way near as wide. That said, due to not having intrusive suspension, it should fit fine.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Mon, 25 October 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The steering box is going to be a problem on an MX22. GiantTomato will be able to give you the specifics.
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Mon, 25 October 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got any suggestins on what steering rack might fit? might the rack i get with the half-cut fit? the mx22 uses a mid sump setup, which half cut can i get with a mid or rear sump?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Mon, 25 October 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need a Crown Royal Saloon halfcut - this has a midsump. It also has a steering box.

You might be able to just get away with a manual steering box in an MX22 if you push the motor over to the left and modify the driver's side exhaust manifold.

Otherwise rack and pinion - not sure what works for a Corona Mk2 but well be giving it a bash shortly.
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 28 October 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hopefully an rt142 avante rack will fit, then i could kill two birds with one stone.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 28 October 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/norbee/bushtu.jpg
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 28 October 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who's a smartarse???? Surprised
very funny norbie Rolling Eyes Laughing
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 28 October 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joecoolmk2 wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 10:37

hopefully an rt142 avante rack will fit, then i could kill two birds with one stone.

Too wide.

What is the second bird?
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
diff conversion, thought it'd be easier than getting a mk2 f diff, considering the closest one is 12kms away and i could get a whole rt142 avante for under $500(haven't asked the guy yet), and that's about 250m from my house. should hopefully improve the handling of the ol' boat!!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so it doesnt matter what kind of car or parts it is, as long as its close to your house its a viable option?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You might want to make sure the RT142 isn't IRS.

MS112 is still a very good option.
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wanted irs, why, don't you reccommend it? i don't stand a chance to get a ms112 diff. anyway, there's two of them, one's gotta be good!.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i say go for it!

the RT142 IRS will bolt in using zip ties and superglue

and to install the steering rack u pop the bonnet, throw the rack in there, and shut it again.

job well done.
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
remind me never to buy a car off you then!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joecoolmk2 wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 11:28

i wanted irs, why, don't you reccommend it?

Much as I hate repeating myself...

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/norbee/bushtu.jpg
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey norbie, why did you put a 2jz in your car??? to go with the crowd???
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JCMk2, do you have ANY idea what is involved in converting a car from solid axel to IRS?

If you don't, I suggest you look it up.

You would probably have less troubles coverting the car to AWD
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 14:43

You would probably have less troubles coverting the car to AWD

once u have the RT142 IRS in, converting to AWD is a sinch

use a ford 9" solid axle, take the wishbones out the front and drop the car onto the axle.

then wrap the entire car in chicken wire.

AWD IRS 1UZ R&P Mark2
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 12:52

AWD IRS 1UZ R&P Mark2

And it will be dubbed, Teh Dr!ft P!g
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WAIT!!!

i almost forgot....

u MUST source the ford 9" from no further than a 19m radius from your house

DO NOT TRAVEL ANY FURTHER THAN 19meters FOR A 9"
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont listen to rob, i mean look at his car line up...there all poo! Twisted Evil
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As you have possibly gathered from some of the responses, converting to IRS isn't for the faint hearted. If you are going to all that trouble, at least start with a better setup than a trailing arm MA61/*T142 rear end. At least go for a double wishbone setup like an MA70/JZA80/JZZ30. Whole rear cuts can be had for $4-500, and the whole lot is mounted to a subassembly which (with significant modification) could be more easily adapted to a Mk2 than the trailing arm setups. You better be pretty handy with a welder.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Thu, 04 November 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/bunny1.jpg
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Fri, 05 November 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there's actually two pancakes on it's head Laughing Laughing , oh yeah, rob is a wang!!! Very Happy
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Fri, 05 November 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 17:40

As you have possibly gathered from some of the responses, converting to IRS isn't for the faint hearted. If you are going to all that trouble, at least start with a better setup than a trailing arm MA61/*T142 rear end. At least go for a double wishbone setup like an MA70/JZA80/JZZ30. Whole rear cuts can be had for $4-500, and the whole lot is mounted to a subassembly which (with significant modification) could be more easily adapted to a Mk2 than the trailing arm setups. You better be pretty handy with a welder.

JustenGT4 recently grafted a MA70 rear end into his GT4, so having a chat to him may be worthwhile, but I know it wasn't easy.

He's off in the States at the moment, so be patient for a reply

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Fri, 05 November 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The GT4 already had IRS though, so that's a different kettle of fish. And my understanding is he only changed the diff and the driveshafts, he didn't have to touch the suspension.
R-jay
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Sat, 06 November 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a spare jza80 diff cradle with rear suspension.....

i would think it;s a little wide for your conversion though...
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1UZFE engine dimensions ? Sat, 06 November 2004 06:14 Go to previous message
They are 1570mm across hubface to hubface - Mk2 Corona is only 1410mm, which is why I said it would need significant modification.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BOV not working!!!Mounted on the turbo side??
Next Topic:ke70 cable clutch installation?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 12:02:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014205932617188 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.