Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HedgehogSandwich
Regular

May 2002
Damn crappy radiators Fri, 18 October 2002 15:25 Go to previous message
Why dont toyota just fit aliminium topped rads as standard.. it would save me all the hassle.

The story so far.. my rads gone (cracked top), i cant get another apart from a toyota one, which is megabucks and i cant see the point in spending a furtune on a stock part. I cant get mine repaired apparently either due to the plastic top.

SO i have now discovered my best plan of action is to buy a Koyo rad from the states SUPPOSEDLY made the the MA70 supra, but in fact is actually made to fit the JZA70 supra (mine)... howver, this is for a manual transmission car and mine is an auto, hence i will have to fit a seperate oil cooler at yet more expense.

All this because of a little crack. What a farce.. this car is def going next year.. probably by being pushed off a cliff.

Anyway, the point of my thread is.. what are the advantages/disadvantages of a seperate oil cooler for the AT gearbox? Can i just fit a universal one or is there some specifics i should be looking for?

Or if anyone has any other ideas or auto rads that will fit in the JZA i'm all ears !! Bearing in mind that the reason i want the koyo is that a US group buy website is selling them at £230 UK pounds.

cheers
adi
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Damn crappy radiators  HedgehogSandwichFri, 18 October 2002 15:25
Read Message   Re: Damn crappy radiators biased99Sat, 19 October 2002 10:17
Read Message   Re: Damn crappy radiators HedgehogSandwichSat, 19 October 2002 11:33
Read Message   Re: Damn crappy radiators blackRA28Sat, 19 October 2002 13:10
Read Message   Re: Damn crappy radiators HedgehogSandwichSat, 19 October 2002 13:18
Previous Topic:Idling Help 4 AGE
Next Topic:Quick/short shift kit for W58???

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 09:23:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044500827789307 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.