Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 11 October 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buccy wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 14:16

No unfortunatly, I have no idea where you would pick up an english one, be very helpful though. Anyway how different to your car could it be Very Happy ? It would have to be something to do with the diagnostics plug yeah?

For a JDM JZA80:

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/techo.htm#ENGINE_CODES
  Send a private message to this user    
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Tue, 26 October 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys. Well pulled the codes and fixed the problems.... but still have one weird thing going on. Start the car and it runs fine, under light loads no problems, mash that throttle to the floor and check engine light comes on, pull the codes and get Error Code 31 (AFM). So I have triple check continuity and have no problems, even ran new wires and still the same thing. I do not have the proper tools to check the AFM but checking with a multimeter everything looked ok.

So I am pleading for your help, at this stage I will try anything. Does it sound like a shot AFM? Anything else that could be causing this? It is very frustrating I am itching to get out there and drive this beast. I will get some more pics for you guys on the weekend any requests. Cheers guys.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 October 2004 03:46]

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Tue, 26 October 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What boost are you running?
If it's overboosting, the extra air coming into the engine could be sending the AFM out of range, hence the error.

But I'm a novice with this & only guessing (I drive a diesel after all Razz )
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Tue, 26 October 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm should be at stock level but with no exhaust Im sure that would raise it a bit. Will hook a gauge up and see, any more suggestions?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Tue, 26 October 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a random stab, ive never seen a VVTi wiring harness, but on the good ol 61, the AFM had a circuit that went to the fuel pump relay.

Like i said......i have no idea, just offer a guess.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Tue, 26 October 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vvti 1jz's are AFM instead of map?
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Tue, 26 October 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

vvti 1jz's are AFM instead of map?

Yep sure do.

Thanks BlackSupra will take a look through the diagram again but I don't think so. Yeah just checked doesn't look like it. Could it be that the AFM is shot? I wouldn't think that it would be a part that would fail easily. Anyway keep the suggestions coming.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Tue, 26 October 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you have a wiring diagram examine the circuit for the AFM and trace where the wires go.

The issue may be within the circuit, not the actual AFM itself.
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Tue, 26 October 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It looks really simple on the wiring diagram. Power (B+), an earth with also runs through TPS (E2), then Air Temp Sensor conected straight to ECU (THA), then two other connected straight to ECU (VG & EVG) EVG seems to be grounded internally within the ECU (from what I can tell with my own testing). If you get a chance the diagrams can be found at http://www.1JZ-GTE.US take a look through and see if I missed something. Cheers

P.S I have a Front Sump and Pickup no dipstick. How much you offering Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Tue, 26 October 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well make sure the tps and air temp sensor are working as well, they may be killing the circuit.

u have a pm.
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah no errors for Air Temp Sensor or TPS, weird thing is is I just turn the key and let it idle no problems, no check engine light. But if I give it a bit the check engine light comes on and when I pull the codes the only one that comes out is 31. Just rang Toyota to check the price on a new AFM and well lets not go there Shocked
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It may be worth seeing if the AFM is the same as say a 1uz?
or a 2jz's.

Swap it over, take it for a spin.
And importer would have to have one you can borrow.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's possible the wire in your AFM (I assume it's a hot-wire type) has become contaminated. I have no idea how to check for this or how to fix it, but it's a common problem on VL turbo's when people use oiled filters... the oil gets on the wire and screws up the readings.
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah CrUZsida I had that idea too. Part number for 1JZ AFM is 22250-50060 do you know if its the same as a 1UZ? If you have one can u take some pics so I can see if they are the same. Hey Norbie any idea where I might be able to find more info on what you where talking about? Cheers guys hopefully can sort this out quickly and easily.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buccy wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 10:07

Yeah CrUZsida I had that idea too. Part number for 1JZ AFM is 22250-50060 do you know if its the same as a 1UZ? If you have one can u take some pics so I can see if they are the same.

I don't have one so I can't test it for you, but I highly doubt it will be the same.

What I was suggesting, is that since the 7mgte can use the 1uzfe AFM, and the ecu doesn't spit out any codes, maybe you could use the 1uzfe AFM just to test it.
I'm not sure what the plug looks like on a 1jz vvti, but the 7mgte/1uzfe one looks like this

http://obsidian.technolan.com.au/albums/album10/ae i.jpg

buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah looks like the same plug. Will see in I can borrow one from somewhere. You dont happen to know anyone do you? Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buccy wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 11:15

Yeah looks like the same plug. Will see in I can borrow one from somewhere. You dont happen to know anyone do you? Smile

I don't know the QLD suburbs much, how far do you live from Warwick?
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I live a far way from Warick but I work on the Car at a place called Nobby which isnt far from Warick at all.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check your PM
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buccy wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 14:38

I live a far way from Warick but I work on the Car at a place called Nobby which isnt far from Warick at all.

What an unfortunate name for a suburb .... Rolling Eyes
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep certaily is Laughing but it is where Steele Rudd wrote his colection of books (only thing the town is famous for so there as signs everywhere saying Steele Rudd this and Steele Rudd that) but its a nice little town with a Pub that has unreal meals.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buccy wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 15:19

Yep certaily is Laughing but it is where Steele Rudd wrote his colection of books (only thing the town is famous for so there as signs everywhere saying Steele Rudd this and Steele Rudd that) but its a nice little town with a Pub that has unreal meals.

Who the fudge is Steele Rudd ?

As long as the food is good and the beer is cold.

Hope you get the problems sorted soon, I'm getting itchy feet with my car !!!
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I think he's the guy that wrote the Dad & Dave series of books. Yep I hope I can sort out the problems too, looks like one of the last problems to overcome before this bad boy is ready to go.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Wed, 27 October 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in reference to norbie post above, the oil from say a finer filter or o2 rush pod or pannel filter can get stuck ont he hot wire and get into the circuit and it kills the afm........i managed to nuke one on my old VL in the same way.

Can't really clean them either.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Thu, 28 October 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 15:41

http://gutenberg.net.au/dictbiog/0-dict-biogD.html #davis1
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Thu, 28 October 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 10:19

bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 15:41

http://gutenberg.net.au/dictbiog/0-dict-biogD.html #davis1

I'm still unenlightened as I can't access it at work !!! Sad
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Thu, 28 October 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAVIS, ARTHUR HOEY, "Steele Rudd" (1868-1935),

was born at Drayton near Toowoomba, Queensland, on 14 November 1868. His father, Thomas Davis, was a blacksmith of Welsh descent, his mother was Irish. The boy was the eighth child in a family of 13. The father later on took up a selection at Emu Creek, and there Davis was educated at the local school. He left school before he was 12 and worked at odd jobs on a station, and at 15 years of age became a junior stockrider on a station on the Darling Downs. When he was 18 he was appointed a junior clerk in the office of the curator of intestate estates at Brisbane. In 1889 he was transferred to the sheriff's office and in his spare time took up rowing. This led to his contributing a column on rowing to a Brisbane weekly paper, and finding that he required a pseudonym he adopted that of "Steele Rudd". The first name was suggested by the name of the English essayist, the second was a shortening of rudder; he had wanted to bring into his name some part of a boat. Towards the end of 1895 he sent a sketch to the Bulletin which appeared on 14 December 1895. This afterwards became the first chapter of On Our Selection when it was published in 1899. Encouraged by Archibald (q.v.), Davis continued the series of sketches, 26 of which were included in the volume. Within four years 20,000 copies had been printed. It afterwards appeared in numerous cheap editions and by 1940 the number of copies sold had reached 250,000. It has also been the subject of a play and more than one picture. In 1903 appeared Our New Selection and in the same year Davis who had reached the position of under-sheriff, retired from the public service, and in January 1904 brought out Rudd's Magazine, a monthly magazine published at 6d. a copy, which continued for nearly four years. It was issued first from Brisbane and was afterwards transferred to Sydney. It had a much longer life than most Australian magazines, but there was not then a large enough public in Australia to enable a cheap popular magazine to be successful. It was revived under various names between 1923 and 1930. Davis published a long series of volumes continuing the On Our Selection series, including Back at Our Selection (1906), Dad in Politics (1908), From Selection to City (1909), Grandpa's Selection (1916), and others. Most of them were successful, but there could not have been a great deal of profit for the author from the cheap editions. Towards the end of his life appeared two capable books The Romance of Runnibede (1927), and Green Grey Homestead (1934). But Davis found that having established a reputation in one direction, it was difficult to find a public for books written in more serious vein, and during his last years he had to struggle to make a living. He died at Brisbane on 11 October 1935. Davis was twice married and was survived by three sons and a daughter by the first marriage. In addition to the volumes mentioned others will be found listed in Miller's Australian Literature.

Davis was a tall, ruddy-faced man of mercurial temperament, kind of heart, fiery of temper, an excellent talker and a charming companion. He had a great love for horses and for 20 years was a well-known polo player. His books were written largely from the experiences of his own early days, and they were thoroughly appreciated by a generation that was familiar with characters on the land who had all the courage, optimism and humour of dad and mum and the other members of the family.

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Thu, 28 October 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. I am now enlightened.

Rolling Eyes
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Thu, 28 October 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
??? Laughing
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Thu, 28 October 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 10:47

Ok. I am now enlightened.

Rolling Eyes

You asked! Laughing
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Fri, 29 October 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 11:26

It's possible the wire in your AFM (I assume it's a hot-wire type) has become contaminated. I have no idea how to check for this or how to fix it, but it's a common problem on VL turbo's when people use oiled filters... the oil gets on the wire and screws up the readings.

I spoke to a friend of mine who is a mechanic and he said that this the hot-wire could be contaminated in some way and suggested that maybe spraying a little Carby Cleaner on it might work. Is this a good idea? Just don't wanna go out and do it and really fuck the thing up.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Fri, 29 October 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats what norbie said above, probably oil, dirt, grit or shite on the hot wire.

u can try to clean it, but once they die, they are hard to fix.
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Sun, 31 October 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Update from the weekend.

Well to start things off visited Quad Cams Aus in Warwick to see if we could borrow a 1UZ Airflow meter to test with. Unfortunatley the plug design is similar but not the same so no go there (thanks anyway CrUZsida). Could an air leak cause the error code? I at a loss right now so I decided to continue going and come back to the AFM later hoping that when all the intercooler piping is done the problem may be sorted Razz (wishful thinking I know).

I have moved onto the dash and have everything working except for th e tach. Anyone got any idea on how to get this to work? Thanks again guys.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buccy wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 10:59

I have moved onto the dash and have everything working except for th e tach. Anyone got any idea on how to get this to work? Thanks again guys.

Is it not working at all, or only showing a signal that it is reving much lower ?

If it is the latter, you'll need either a MSD Tach Adapater, or get a Sixworks one from a guy on this forum. It is required to convert the signal to one the dash understands.

Do a search, and you should find the links.
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No couldnt get it going at all. Only had a quick look, I got the signal from the ignitor but when I spliced into the wire I thought was the tacho nothing. Any idea on what color the wire may be and on which plug its located? The wiring diagram I have isnt to clear on that. Hey bbaacchhyy you got any more info on the Camry radiator yet?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buccy wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 11:36

No couldnt get it going at all. Only had a quick look, I got the signal from the ignitor but when I spliced into the wire I thought was the tacho nothing. Any idea on what color the wire may be and on which plug its located? The wiring diagram I have isnt to clear on that. Hey bbaacchhyy you got any more info on the Camry radiator yet?

Have a look at the TRSM

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM_MKII/

No info on the rad yet. Just removed all of may A/C gear, so that will probably do me for now once I have finished the other stuff.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tacho definitely won't work just by splicing the wire in; the dash doesn't understand the square-wave signal coming from the ECU. You need a tacho booster to make this work.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 12:44

Tacho definitely won't work just by splicing the wire in; the dash doesn't understand the square-wave signal coming from the ECU. You need a tacho booster to make this work.

no, you dont. you can take it directly from where the old coil w/ ignitor used to be, got mine from there.. works a treat
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep thats the wiring diagram I looking at. So wouldnt it just be a case on splicing into the existing ignitor wire? Any idea on which plug this would be located? Cheers
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the 2JZ has coil-on-plug ignition so this isn't an option... not sure how the VVTi 1JZ ignition is set up though.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 09:56

Well the 2JZ has coil-on-plug ignition so this isn't an option... not sure how the VVTi 1JZ ignition is set up though.

So does a 1JZ, so now we're trying to work out how he did it.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, it doesn't really make sense does it... the 5M coil discharges 6 times per 2 revolutions, while a 1JZ/2JZ coil discharges once per 2 revolutions.

Que??
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm waiting for Johal to remember wtf he did Laughing I mean, his tacho is working, and he didn't purchase a tacho booster, and he has a 1JZGTE with coil packs Razz
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hurry up Johal! Razz

I have to fix my tacho too Smile
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys, this is just for info! I took my tacho signal from the igniter,(look for word Tach) in my VVTi 1J conversion. Mind you it was into an RA23, it worked as sweet as a nut.

Regarding your AFM probs, they will mysteriously dissapear, when exhaust and intake/intercooler are all hooked up. Trust me, I had the same indications on initial start.

regards Chuck.
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Regarding your AFM probs, they will mysteriously dissapear, when exhaust and intake/intercooler are all hooked up. Trust me, I had the same indications on initial start.

Well that certainly is a relief, has been a massive headache for me. Yeah I have got my tacho signal from the igniter as well but haven't figured out how to hook it up yet. Hopefully one of the other guys can shed some light on that for me Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill go and check in the morning
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Mon, 01 November 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok got a few answers for you guys... If it does end up that putting on the exauhst etc doesnt fix your afm problems.. I looked in the Toyota EPC the AFM is the same part number as the late model 1UZFE (The VVTi one) off the crown and soarer.. so just find one from a 97+ car and its exactly the same unit...

As for the Ignition setup of the 1jz there are two different types... The twin turbo used a coil on plug similar to the system on the 2jz... The later VVTi motor used a wasted spark system.. 1 coil for two plugs..
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Tue, 02 November 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, here we go.
Are you using a digital dash?, i would beleive so.
how it works
There is a tacho signal from the 1jz's ignitor, thats one end)..
to find the other end.. go to your body/engine loom from old engine and look for the plugs that go into the coil w/ ignitor. one of those leads to your dash tacho. to see which one works.. just use a test light on the wire and run the metal pointy edge over something metal with the dash on(the tacho should flicker or do something when you get the right one).. hook those together and voila

does this make sense?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Tue, 02 November 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 14:48

Okay, here we go.
how it works
to find the other end.. go to your body/engine loom from old engine and look for the plugs that go into the coil w/ ignitor. one of those leads to your dash tacho. to see which one works.. just use a test light on the wire and run the metal pointy edge over something metal with the dash on(the tacho should flicker or do something when you get the right one).. hook those together and voila

does this make sense?

I assume this doesn't apply to me since I have a full Chaser wiring loom and dash in my car then Razz
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Tue, 02 November 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 13:48

Okay, here we go.
how it works

does this make sense?

Yep seems pretty straight forward. Will see how we go on the weekend. Hey Chris have you got any pics of your dash installed? Wouldn't mind having a little peek to see how you did it.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ VVTi ---> MA61 Conversion Under Way Tue, 02 November 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't actually do it as it was already in the car. It is actually about 1.5" or so too wide for the car. So I had to chop the door trims so the doors close. Very ghetto I know but you can't tell when the doors are closed. I think you can tell by the pic that my car is not a pretty one Smile The one that my car has been done is a lot more difficult than the regular way. And now I have wiring dramas to sort out which isn't all that easy when I can't get jzx90 Chaser wiring diagrams.

http://mk29.image.pbase.com/u39/bassaholic55/large/25404778.Registered006.jpg
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Just an Update Wed, 19 January 2005 07:05 Go to previous message
Hey guys just a quick update.
I have been pretty lazy during the last couple of months but got back into it and at the moment exhaust and intercooler is all being done. So after I tidy and and reintall of the dash fingers crossed I should be finished. Hopefully I can get a few more pics too. Anyway thanks for all your guys help and if there are any more problems you will hear from me Very Happy
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GZE Troubles
Next Topic:ST165 Fuel Rail on Gen1 3SGE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 16:40:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074050426483154 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.