Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
coronaturbo
Regular

September 2004
icon4.gif  1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Thu, 28 October 2004 09:18 Go to next message
1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods

why

have a constant fan

Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Thu, 28 October 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fan not big enough, fan not shrouded properly, dodgy water pump, blocked radiator, radiator too small... it could be any number of things.
coronaturbo
Regular

September 2004
Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Fri, 29 October 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do i know if water pumps no good

beside if if it drips water but it dosent
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Sat, 30 October 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warm up engine with radiator cap off, there should be water flowing. look in thru radiator cap to check for significant flow?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Sat, 30 October 2004 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Standard car with a 1G, or conversion?

Mine cooled better after a new toptank was installed (had a hairline crack or two), system was flushed out and new coolant put in.

The size of the fan and whether or not it is properly shrowded makes a huge difference also.

Is your aircon on when you are sitting at the lights? Maybe you need an extra aircon fan on the front of the condensor.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Sat, 30 October 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have found 1 12" fan is not enough when running a 1g

2 12" and she runs like a dream
coronaturbo
Regular

September 2004
Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Sat, 30 October 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys ill try 2 see if the water flowing good through raditor and if it is i might need a extra fan
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Sat, 30 October 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So is your car completely stock? Do you have a picture of what you have? It would be nice to see.
coronaturbo
Regular

September 2004
Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Sun, 31 October 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a corona st141 with a 1g in it
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Sun, 31 October 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check your thermostat is working too!
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Sun, 31 October 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota thermostats are generally pretty good, but I had one collapse in my 2nd crown. Wife phoned me at work, and said "sounds like someone inside the engine is trying to get out" Thermostat had collapsed and the water was boiling in the block. It cost me an engine rebuild, as the high temps in the engine caused the piston rings to lose their tension. Massive blow by!

regards Chuck.
coronaturbo
Regular

September 2004
Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Mon, 01 November 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no thermostat
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Tue, 02 November 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only had 1 12" fan on my 1G and it never overheated.

I dunno what kind of cooling a 141 rona has, but a friend of a friend once had an overheating FWD corona, The thermostat was seized shut so I just took it out, but it still overheated. we took it to a radiator guy and he said the poxy radiator they have needs the restriction of the open thermostat to slow the water down to cool it. Or some shit like that... That was a later model rona than yours though, probably with a poxier radiator.

If it's overheating all you can do it check the cooling system. flush the radiator and engine out and see how much shit comes out.

Tim.
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Tue, 02 November 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree but get the system flushed by Natrad or a similar outfit. Using one of those so-called 'engine flushes' rarely works and can never remove what the professionals can. It's very common to have a lot of built up crap in import engines and by now it would of also made its way into the radiator too.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 November 2004 11:10]

coronaturbo
Regular

September 2004
Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Wed, 03 November 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had it flushed out at the radiator place

with the tanks off
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1ggte overheating when siting at lights for long periods Wed, 03 November 2004 08:06 Go to previous message
Ecellent, let us know how it goes when you get it back in.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Celica ST185 GT4 - Fuel Sender Issues
Next Topic:WNTD Supercharged K series info?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 20:25:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053458213806152 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.