Toymods » Tech & Conversions » more help please??? whats wrong with my car

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
PAULIO
Occasional Poster

July 2004
more help please??? whats wrong with my car Mon, 01 November 2004 02:14 Go to next message
hey guys i already posted this earlier but was wondering if anyone else had more ideas on what the problem could be ...

im having trouble with my engine atm and i was wondering if anyone could help me. i realise it might be obvious but im not seeing it. My car at two thousand revs (if i hold it there) drops about 200 revs and then goes back up and drops and so forth. Im also have problems with it hesitating when i plant it. This made me think it was my carbi but any help would be appreciated . BTW Its a 4afc (carbi)

thanx to the people who replied to my last post i really appreciate it... it helped rule out a few things

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: more help please??? whats wrong with my car Mon, 01 November 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fwiw, posting a second thread about the same problem will not inspire people to give you more answers.

sounds like carby problem, either not rebuilt properly, or there are vac leaks. go out to your car and have a look.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: more help please??? whats wrong with my car Mon, 01 November 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate can mean a number of things

- spark plugs stuffed
- carby needs rebuild
- timing off
- spark leads stuffed

i would probably start off with a complete service all over and even go to repco and get a set of new leads and all and see how you go with that

if that fails then try spraying generous amount of carby cleaner in there while motor on and reving.

if that fails i would go carby rebuild or second hand one
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: more help please??? whats wrong with my car Mon, 01 November 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate, i think i might have the answer. The exact same thing used to happen to me. when the choke was on (cold)(automatic choke on a 21-RC) it used to do the same thing as the problem you have. it would hold itself at 1500 and drop and rise, shaking the car like a 7 litre v8 would. Also black smoke poured out, was running rich but stopped when she warmed up. So my dad showed me how to take off the carby and we noticed there was a bushing missing so we replaced it. it ran alot better. Ending up replacing the bushing again with a steal replacement later on and it has been fine ever since. Cleaning the carby in the process helped. but i would recommmend buying a carby kit and reconditioning it or getting someone else to if its not too expensive.
PAULIO
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: more help please??? whats wrong with my car Tue, 02 November 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers mate, il look into it because my choke dosent actually work anyways ... i was having trouble with it and i decided to disable it because it was sticking and wouldnt drop from about 1700 rpm. so its a little hesitant on cold mornings but once its warm its better. lol

thanks mate it is greatly appreciated
were exactly was the bushing???

i took my carby off as well and i didnt see anything missing from the diagram but i wasnt really looking for it so i probably missed it...

thanx again mate

(just goes to show that sometimes posting again allows people that havent seen the msg to see it and probably give the answer to a problem)
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: more help please??? whats wrong with my car Tue, 02 November 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PAULIO wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 13:52

(just goes to show that sometimes posting again allows people that havent seen the msg to see it and probably give the answer to a problem)

lol, sure does.

I'd take a picture of my carby so you'd know where the bushing was right now for ya if it wasnt raining down here in tassie, was so beautiful yesturday!

My choke atm, on a cold start, starts idling at around 1500rpm and then over the next 5 minutes (rough guess) it slowly rises up to 2500rpm, then once she's warmed up it drops to around 900rpm.

You can adjust the choke rpm by a screw on the carby (not sure which one it is, i'll try and find out) and you can also adjust the idle rpm by a different screw also (dont know which one it is either).

My theory for my car is to return it to stock (dodge things were done to it when i bought it), the best i can and she'll run heaps better! So far my theory has worked.

I'd reconnect the choke if i was you, cuss you said it was sticking but was fine after it warmed up, sounds like mine as i explained it.
PAULIO
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: more help please??? whats wrong with my car Tue, 02 November 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd take a picture of my carby so you'd know where the bushing was right now for ya if it wasnt raining down here in tassie, was so beautiful yesturday!

I'd reconnect the choke if i was you, cuss you said it was sticking but was fine after it warmed up, sounds like mine as i explained it.[/quote]

cheers mate those pics would be great if u could do them when ever u get a chance aye.. thanx alot

i would recconect the choke but the problem is i cant get it to drop... it drops after a while but then sometimes it would get stuck for no reason like when im stopped at the lights its really weird lol... ive never heard of a rpm screw for the choke thanx for that ill look into it... i know were the idle screw is though ... long story hahaha

anyways mate thanx in advance for those pics

cheers
PAULIO
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: more help please??? whats wrong with my car Tue, 02 November 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry negative boost...that quote thingy didnt work lol the first two paragraphs are yours (obviuosly) lol
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: more help please??? whats wrong with my car Tue, 02 November 2004 23:56 Go to previous message
lol, i gotcha Laughing

Give me your email addy, send it in an PM if u want and i'll send you those pics becuase i'm not too sure on how to post them up in this thread!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FC Caliper downgrade
Next Topic:JZA70 Supra questions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 09:47:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041351318359375 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.