Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1g-gte onto ra28, whats the deal?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
1g-gte onto ra28, whats the deal? Sat, 06 November 2004 02:55 Go to next message
ok, so iv done alot of reading and it seams that the 1G is the best way to go but there is mixed info as to what needs to be done to fit it so im looking for clarification on a few things.

some say that new engine mounts are needed but others say that the origional ones can be used with mods to them.

on another site i read that you may need to cut away at the front for the radiator to fit, is this true?

if i have a mid rear sump can i use the origional ra28 x member do i need the ra23, or do they both need mods and or does the sump need to be modified

i obviously need a custom x member for the gear box.

does a shortened hilux diff bolt straight up?

also i have found that the 1g-gte is almost impossibe to find in adelaide, does any one have any suggestions??

Send a private message to this user    
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1g-gte onto ra28, whats the deal? Sat, 06 November 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pays to do a search mate

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=47778&rid=1334&S=975e7a5eb5ddcb40b261a27 9c8e7122f&pl_view=&start=0

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=38152&rid=1334&S=975e7a5eb5ddcb40b261a27 9c8e7122f&pl_view=&start=0

Cool
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte onto ra28, whats the deal? Sat, 06 November 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

some say that new engine mounts are needed but others say that the origional ones can be used with mods to them.

18R engine mounts are fine, but a spacer is needed on one side so it clears the steering box.

Quote:

on another site i read that you may need to cut away at the front for the radiator to fit, is this true?

Not if you dont run the clutched fan.
Run thermos instead.

Quote:

if i have a mid rear sump can i use the origional ra28 x member do i need the ra23, or do they both need mods and or does the sump need to be modified

RA23 and RA28 xmembers are the same.

Quote:

i obviously need a custom x member for the gear box.

Im not too sure about this, but ive heard the W50 mount can be used if some holes are redrilled.

Quote:

does a shortened hilux diff bolt straight up?

No.

Quote:

also i have found that the 1g-gte is almost impossibe to find in adelaide, does any one have any suggestions??

If you find one, let me know cos im also after one in the next couple of months for my RA28.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 November 2004 03:37]

EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: 1g-gte onto ra28, whats the deal? Sun, 07 November 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeeze i see 1ggtes for sale quite often in the trader. If you really are having heaps of problems ill sell you mine with 5spd 70,000ks on it and an accident damaged GZ20 soarer for $3500
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: 1g-gte onto ra28, whats the deal? Sun, 07 November 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Jeeze i see 1ggtes for sale quite often in the trader. If you really are having heaps of problems ill sell you mine with 5spd 70,000ks on it and an accident damaged GZ20 soarer for $3500

really? that could be worth a look, how badly damaged is it, do you have any pics?[
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1g-gte onto ra28, whats the deal? Mon, 08 November 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a motor in need of a head gasket you can buy, with auto box and possibly loom and computer for $700 Very Happy
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte onto ra28, whats the deal? Mon, 08 November 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 11:56

I have a motor in need of a head gasket you can buy, with auto box and possibly loom and computer for $700 Very Happy

Is that the one you said was missing the turbos and needed the bearings replacing?
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1g-gte onto ra28, whats the deal? Mon, 08 November 2004 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have got the TA23 crossmember confused with the RA23 one, same as the RA28 as mentioned above. TA23 X-mems are used when you fit a 1G-GE or a 2/3T series motor to your RA28.

Use the mid-rear sump however you will have to shorten the back of it with a cut and shut to clear the steering arm.

Not quite a 'custom' g/box crossmember but two 3mm plates welded
to the top of it and a pair of new holes drilled in the forward section and the previous forward holes drilled through the plate.

Shortened Hilux diff will have either a F or G series flange plate and that is not compatible with the T series driveshaft. Change flange plates or shorten a Hilux driveshaft to suit.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1g-gte onto ra28, whats the deal? Mon, 08 November 2004 07:16 Go to previous message
M.W.P. wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 15:25

MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 11:56

Is that the one you said was missing the turbos and needed the bearings replacing?

nope thats the other one Very Happy

I have two Very Happy

The loom and computer might not be available at the end of the week tho, they are pretty much sold pending payment so i shouldnt have written that...I have the bearing one and the top end one, i suppose you could put them both together to make one good one Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:reuseing a head gasket???
Next Topic:Installing Celicamad Boost Controller
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 27 14:13:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0095040798187256 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.