Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Maco^king
Newcomer

November 2004
icon3.gif  Boosting a Celica Tue, 09 November 2004 09:40 Go to next message
i just bort a 1992 Toyota Celica SX Coupe (5S-FE) and i wanted to know the best way and cheapest way to get more power out of the engine and a better performance allround

THANX
  Send a private message to this user    
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Boosting a Celica Tue, 09 November 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3S-GTE?
Maco^king
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: Boosting a Celica Tue, 09 November 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The engine for wat iv been told is a 5S-FE its 2.2lt 1992 Toyota Celica SX Coupe

And u need to give an explanation of wat part or add on u are talking about

wats 3S-GTE?
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Boosting a Celica Tue, 09 November 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do a search. But for your convenience, a 3s-gte is a motor, 2l, turbo. Search to find out more.
Maco^king
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: Boosting a Celica Tue, 09 November 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thanx, but i dont want to put a new moter i just want to work on the one in there wat are some simple things that can be done to get better proformnace allround like even simple things

THANX
Maco^king
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: Boosting a Celica Tue, 09 November 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simple things like for example exhust - type and brand suspention hight brand type shit like that

THANX
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Boosting a Celica Tue, 09 November 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i suppose the cheapest would be to get a cold air intake to replace the stock intake and an exhaust

then you could get better cams, aftermarket ecu, bigger injectors, custom plenum, the list goes on and on.

it depends on how much you got to spend
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Boosting a Celica Tue, 09 November 2004 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RippMods in america make 5sfe supercharger kits...

ripp mods link

scroll down to the bottom. there are a few guys on toyotanation running the system and its seems to run quite fine. the guys put a lot of testing into these kits and they run quite well. the system uses a vortech blower, and although on their sites there are only kits for the 5sfe camry's a solara's, if you are keen, email them and ask if it can be retrofitted to your car.

Cheers

Huy
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Boosting a Celica Wed, 10 November 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 21:48

i suppose the cheapest would be to get a cold air intake to replace the stock intake and an exhaust

then you could get better cams, aftermarket ecu, bigger injectors, custom plenum, the list goes on and on.

but even then you'd be spending a lot of money to get little power. The most cost effective thing would be an engine swap.
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: Boosting a Celica Wed, 10 November 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want heaps more power throw a 3sgte in, but like you said if you don't want to swap the engine. Get a good air filter, cold air intake, extractors and a decent exhaust. That should give you 10-20% more power depending.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Boosting a Celica Wed, 10 November 2004 03:11 Go to previous message
Celica_John wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 13:04

fade-e wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 21:48

but even then you'd be spending a lot of money to get little power. The most cost effective thing would be an engine swap.

i agree 100% but he doesnt want to change motors
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Exhaust cost...
Next Topic:Engine dampeners
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 28 04:10:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.096869945526123 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.