Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 11 November 2004 09:50 Go to next message
i was just reading about an old style celica with suicide doors. wat about a convertion to get an MA61 with lambo doors, u kno the ones that open upwards
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 11 November 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why?

there was a thread on this a while ago...
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 11 November 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itll never work, there are a number of reasons.
unless of course you are filthy rich
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 11 November 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
na i know that.. but it would look pretty rare and how cool would u feel getting out of yer car in front of a load of chicks (provided u r single)with yer doors going up
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 11 November 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd feel FOOLY SIK TO DA MAX

[Updated on: Thu, 11 November 2004 10:02]

hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 11 November 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my best mate was talking about doing this to his r33..

i laughed, and clipped him around the ear for being a tool.

Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 11 November 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 21:02

i dont need suicide doors to be FOOLY SIK TO DA MAX.. i already am Cool
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 11 November 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nai would have to agree i would rather spend the millions and millions on buying an real lambo and getting 41L/100k's than put fake lambo doors on it
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 11 November 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 21:03

oldcorollas wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 21:02

i dont need suicide doors to be FOOLY SIK TO DA MAX.. i already am Cool

u don't drive a supra so u can't be sik.. i'm sorry
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 11 November 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shamelessly stolen from another forum:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/chosen_one2003/pic1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/chosen_one2003/pic2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/chosen_one2003/pic3.jpg

Courtesy of Che Castro from PF.
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 11 November 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMAO i have never seen anything so fucking gay in my life.. apart from a done up hyundai excel with a turbo... they are WAYYYY to home job for me... i mean they didn't even take the original hinges off..
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 11 November 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROFL!
Thats the funniest thing ive seen in a long time.

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 11 November 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL!

I dunno how you'd do lambo doors without window frames Razz
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that would be an issue u would have to over come, but does everyone agree it would ook pretty rare.. not just some shitty home made job with hinges that arn't even colour coordinated
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW scroll back up and check out the dude in the red shirt.. WTF is that on his head ? a sock ? or is he trying to b a phat gangzta
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it school holidays or what?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think so. No No No
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just thinking the same thing... some of the threads lately are getting a bit retarded. Confused
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Celica wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 18:00

na i know that.. but it would look pretty rare and how cool would u feel getting out of yer car in front of a load of chicks (provided u r single)with yer doors going up

Chicks are more impressed with dicks that go up, not doors that go up.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the only cars that should have lambo doors (read: not "suicide" doors) are actual lamborghinis. (or an eb110 for that matter). i dont think it would be cool to see you get out of a 1980's supra with lambo doors. everyone knows that lamborghinis have doors like that, its a lamborghini thing. and thats where it should stay. i think people would just think bahah its a toyota trying to be a lamborghini haha
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate the term "Lambo". It's sounds retarded. It's Lamborghini. Anyway, something seems kinda wrong about having this sort of door on something that isn't a Lamborghini. I dunno, could be cool though I suppose... eh... perhaps. As long as you don't do it to an MA61 with a 5M-E. Sad
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The correct term is "gullwing" doors, and it is not a Lamborghini thing; Mercedes had a car with gullwing doors in the 50's (1954 300SL), and they probably weren't the first.

http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/carros/mercedes/300sl-gullwing-10m.jpg
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Celica wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 11:42

BTW scroll back up and check out the dude in the red shirt.. WTF is that on his head ? a sock ? or is he trying to b a phat gangzta

Any chance it could be for religous reasons he wears that on his head ? Or are we just stereotypical racist bumpkins displaying our ignorance again on a bigger stage ?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 14:23

The correct term is "gullwing" doors, and it is not a Lamborghini thing; Mercedes had a car with gullwing doors in the 50's (1954 300SL), and they probably weren't the first.

No Norbie its not actually. Lamborghini's (well, aside from the Gallardo) have scissor doors which are completely different.
http://kitcarmag.com/featuredvehicles/142_0303_diablo_3_ch_z.jpg
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 16:23

actually
i think he's referring to scissor doors, gullwing are different still and suicide doors are doors that open toward the rear of the vehicle instead of toward the front

EDIT
JCMF: you like men for beating me by about 2 poofteenths of a second

oh and check this out
http://www.lambodoors.com/

[Updated on: Fri, 12 November 2004 07:50]

Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another example RX7:

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/au/stock/img/7262.jpg
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sigh*
i will regret this later
but i quite like that RX7
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh, just like any other ricer mod, if your gonna give this one shit have a go at all ricey crap, its for some people and not for others, and sadly i believe some women are impressed by crap like this.
You can have your doors lambo style in an MA61 if you really want, although i do believe its sacrelige. All crappy english rice mags over here, have countless ads, maybe 10 different companies in every issue, that sell lambo door conversions, sometimes the ads list a few models of cars that they do and sometimes the ads say 'lambe door conversions for all cars' so there you go, buy a crappy english car mag like max power, ogle the boobs, laugh at the rice and give one of these companies a call.
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... or just buy some hinges and bolts at the local hardware store Wink
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I get a kit to do a gull wing conversion on my Supra? It's targa top so will that matter? Laughing
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 12 November 2004 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want gullwing doors on my convertable ST162 celica Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

*note: I don't own a ST162 convertable, i'm not a hair dresser.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sat, 13 November 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That RX7 looks pritty cool.

And yes, can we call them scissor doors? I hate the... other term.

So those doors with the hidges further up the post would actualy be gullwings yeah? As they open upwards?
trdcamry93
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sat, 13 November 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAHA those hinges on that car is the biggest home job i have eva seen!

the Guy in the Red "Thing" has dread locks and has that "Thing" to hold them up... go have a look! Razz

i recon it would be pretty cool having the "Lamborghini" type doors, Cost u a pretty peny though...

and i see so many hyundai turbo's... whats the point! ALL RICE! sooo crap

[Updated on: Sat, 13 November 2004 02:57]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sat, 13 November 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trdcamry93 wrote on Sat, 13 November 2004 13:55

and i see so many hyundai turbo's... whats the point! ALL RICE! sooo crap

they will rip a camry any day !
Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sat, 13 November 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sat, 13 November 2004 10:12

I hate the... other term.

What? ....Lambo? Laughing
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sat, 13 November 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about suicide scissors? Razz
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sat, 13 November 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think they look crazy but you have to have a pretty smooth car like that rx7 to do it,you know.. rounded,nothing from the 80's.tHAT RX7 would look hot just black no wing or xtra rice...

If i was going to spend 3-4k++ just for the look of my car(ta22) id probably get those air bag suspension things to drop it on its arse when parked,prabably hiding some big 17's under the guards...but thats cause i dont have a car that would suit scissor doors...If I had a series 6 rx7 on the other hand...mmmmmmm
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sat, 13 November 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whens somebody going to mod a Sera Evil or Very Mad
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sat, 13 November 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahahaa and put regular doors on it...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sat, 13 November 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Celica wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 11:40

well that would be an issue u would have to over come, but does everyone agree it would ook pretty rare..

Thorpy Says

IT'S FooLY SIK
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sat, 13 November 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gull wing doors, like the ones on the roman ute, would take an unbeleivable amount of work to add to your car including cutting the shitout of your roof etc....

scissor doors however, are relativley easy to fit and have put onto your car.... plus, they are cheap nowdays ( less than 2k fitted )

Does anyone remember the magna in street machine ( well, not remember, it was last month) that had suicide doors .. the pillars were swapped from one side of the car to the other so the factory hinges and shit could be used to make the suicide doors.. however 1. thats fucking NUTs, 2. thats costly as....

i thikn scissors suit some cars, just not all....
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sat, 13 November 2004 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take these doors thanks Evil or Very Mad

http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/design.asp?desig n=4
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sat, 13 November 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was waiting for when those doors would come up Very Happy
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sun, 14 November 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
200kgs of metal later...
how many people are gonna see you open your door anyway, and how many are gonna give a flying funk which bloody way they open? you would be better off getting cool wheels that can be observed anytime and add appeal to your car all the time. where would you put the heavy-arse duty springs to help you lift such a large piece of metal every time you get in or out?

anyway, they are good on really expensive cars that were designed with them.

i am not having a go at anyone, just criticising the expense and "value" of doing such a thing.
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sun, 14 November 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look fuck it.. i would just rather keep the stocko doors after all this debate!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sun, 14 November 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only reason to do such a thing would be for a show car...
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Sun, 14 November 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea!
Mr Doors
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Mon, 20 December 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm modifing a Sera, Slowly but surely
Just rebuilt the 5e-fhe engine. Still stock though other than the exhust system 2 1/2inch whole way through Cool
the car will be on the road in 1 month exactly.
Looking forward to driving it once again.
Finally, its been sometime since its been on the road.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Mon, 20 December 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont see the big deal in people modding doors 'properly' note; the term properly is used strongly. There were the pics awhile back of a guy using door hinges and nothing else Rolling Eyes but a properly done, why not?.

I've always loved gullwing doors (I guess this leads back to me watching too much 'mask' as a kid). Hmm how much would a gullwing conversion for a sprinter cost.. Laughing that and the fact I consider the 300sl as one of merc's best.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2004 13:25]

Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Mon, 20 December 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is so sad, i think the rice list is geting longer by the day, eg, some things i love....lancers with droid kits pumpin out full sik fast and furious soundtrack and checkin it out cos its like this,,,,pfft but some ppl have no taste hopefully they will lose something vital one day when those doors mulfunction and "scissor" down, preventing them from polluting the gene pool

ahhh now with that off my chest....the murcielago is damn sexy Shocked

Adam
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Mon, 20 December 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 00:57

hopefully they will lose something vital one day when those doors mulfunction and "scissor" down, preventing them from polluting the gene pool

we can but hope...

to those that want scissor doors, i say, go on, you know you want to Wink it's not exactly a Darwin Award activity, but it will amuse the kiddies at maccas when you get cleft in twain...

Cya, Stewart
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Mon, 20 December 2004 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Doors wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 23:13

Just rebuilt the 5e-fhe engine. Still stock though other than the exhust system 2 1/2inch whole way through Cool

I used to work for a guy that imported cars, like 7 yrs ago before they were everywhere, anyway, this Sera arrived on a tilt tray, they truck driver gets in it to drive it off the truck and as he pulls the door down the top belted him in the head, poor guy was about 6'5", my boss and I had to go inside to hide so he didnt see us laughing lol. So if you are a tallish person, I wouldnt recommend this car Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Mon, 20 December 2004 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dust wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 00:38

Mr Doors wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 23:13

I used to work for a guy that imported cars, like 7 yrs ago before they were everywhere, anyway, this Sera arrived on a tilt tray, they truck driver gets in it to drive it off the truck and as he pulls the door down the top belted him in the head, poor guy was about 6'5", my boss and I had to go inside to hide so he didnt see us laughing lol. So if you are a tallish person, I wouldnt recommend this car Smile

personally if you are a hetrosexual person I wouldnt reccomend this car either, currently there is a yellow one cutting frequent laps of the city that looks like shit and the dude driving it looks like either a homo or a tool, i havent decided yet.

No offence to sera owners but IMO they are just gay cars, sorry
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Mon, 20 December 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 09:56

personally if you are a hetrosexual person I wouldnt reccomend this car either, currently there is a yellow one cutting frequent laps of the city that looks like shit and the dude driving it looks like either a homo or a tool, i havent decided yet.

Laughing Laughing nothing like a Sera to sort the Men from the Homophobes Rolling Eyes
Cya, Stewart
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Mon, 20 December 2004 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 09:34

MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 09:56

Laughing Laughing nothing like a Sera to sort the Men from the Homophobes Rolling Eyes
Cya, Stewart

In the wise words of Rodney Rude - "of course im a fucking homophobe!"

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2004 23:33]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Tue, 21 December 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Sera would be a good car with a decent engine like a 4EFTE.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Tue, 21 December 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 11:11

and RWD as well
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Tue, 21 December 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 09:08

justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 11:11

and RWD as well

RWD would be nice, but the many owners of Starlet GT's will attest that while ultimately not the fastest or strictly the best handling are a damn lot of fun.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Tue, 21 December 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True but a starlet doesn't have a huge glass canopy making it top heavy while also having the great advantage of being flimsy.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Tue, 21 December 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
True, but you'd have to sacrifice something in the name of looks. That said, I'd stick by what I said previously, while flawed from a dynamics perspective, it'd still be a fun little car.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:T18 diff AE86 (Tail shaft? Sway bar mounts?)
Next Topic:my gze , Help !
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 9 05:17:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0106360912323 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.