Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
icon6.gif  Making KE oldskool Wed, 13 October 2004 07:01 Go to next message
Hey guys im going to buy a KE30 or 55 and i want to make it really old school, no engine mods or anything seing as its a first car but i wanna make it a champion car that turns heads. Any one got any ideas?? All are welcome.
  Send a private message to this user    
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Making KE oldskool Wed, 13 October 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
convert it to fwd
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Wed, 13 October 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put really large and ugly chrome wheels one it, preferable those that spin.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 09:06]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Making KE oldskool Wed, 13 October 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A KE IS oldskool.

You want to make it turn heads?
Get a new paint scheme, one that turns heads, but then its not really old skool any more is it?

Just polish it, get all the bumpers rechromed, and shine the tyres.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Making KE oldskool Wed, 13 October 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put in those blinds in teh back window Laughing , lower it and get whitewalls
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Making KE oldskool Wed, 13 October 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 17:18

and get whitewalls

Buahaha, niiiice

EDIT: And some Moon Caps.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 09:20]

XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
Re: Making KE oldskool Wed, 13 October 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think whitewalls it is.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Wed, 13 October 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Clean up and/or respray the egnine bay. Make it so nice and clean (and original) in there that you could eat your dinner off it. Also, clean up the interior to the best you can - ie dashboard, internal trims, seats. You'll need to get it all back to fully original - same engine, dash, seats, gauges, radio, steering wheel - everything. You gotta go the whole hog and then make it look like it just rolled out of the showroom.

Dont' forget, you'll need original fenders, lights, grille etc and freaking etc.

seeyuzz
river
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Wed, 13 October 2004 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
XiL3D wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 20:42

I think whitewalls it is.

Arrghwhitewalls on a '30 corolla you have got to be joking.
Maybe on an xp falcon or a '55 Chev etc. But not a '30 corolla
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Making KE oldskool Wed, 13 October 2004 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Making KE oldskool Wed, 13 October 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke20 is latest model that looks good with whitewalls

ke30 needs dish
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Making KE oldskool Tue, 02 November 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt black bonnet... charcoal metallic paint... fiberglass mugard flares with the bolts around them... some 14 or 15" black watanabe's and mirrors on the mudgaurds...
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Making KE oldskool Tue, 02 November 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why back bonnets. I never understood the whole black bonnet thing. just cos some bloody car had a black bonnet in some over rated cartoon, doesn't mean every man and his dog needs a black bonnet.

Sick classic buddy. Nice clean paint, re-chromed bumpers and that, re-trim the interior. If you gonna put a stereo in it, make sure it blends in, meaning DON'T CUT THE DASH!!!!
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Making KE oldskool Tue, 02 November 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If its initial D your talking about he doesnt have a black bonnet...

do it black because not everyone can afford a 4 grand carbon fiber or carbon kevlar bonnet...
Marc205
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Tue, 02 November 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, Takumi switches to a black CF bonnet in Fourth Stage of the series, and Volume 21 of the manga.
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Making KE oldskool Tue, 02 November 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
painted black bonnets Confused
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Making KE oldskool Wed, 03 November 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see a lot of black bonnets on cars around here, I think it is because they have hit a kangaroo and the new bonnet comes in black undercoat.

Perhaps a few nice cars around the place hit kangaroos and pedestrians, got a replacement bonnet in black undercoat. Some strap-on wannabes see the "cool" car with black bonnet, they head to Supercheap Auto and buy 4 cans of matte black paint, now they are cool too Rolling Eyes

I have seen a few nice cars with carbon fibre bonnets and that is pretty sexy on the right sort of car.
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Making KE oldskool Wed, 03 November 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still not a fan of the black bonnet.

just don't like having a car like everyone else I guess.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Making KE oldskool Thu, 04 November 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put it this way... If i was spending an insane amount of money on a CF bonnet I wouldnt be painting over it... thats for sure
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Sat, 06 November 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wombat wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 18:52

I'm still not a fan of the black bonnet.

just don't like having a car like everyone else I guess.

Hum at one stage i was thinking of a black bonnet for the Seca, but after seeing all the Hondas and Nissans and Mitsu's and Mazdas and...... with one i've started thinking maybe a bonnet with either a darker or a lighter shade of red might be an idea.

Hummmm, TE37 spec's Razz 79rollaboy you've got the idea Cool
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Sat, 06 November 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Weren't bonnets originally painted matte black to cut out glare/reflections. Like on ambulences.
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Making KE oldskool Sat, 06 November 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but only on ambulences
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Making KE oldskool Sat, 06 November 2004 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wrong, i had an old renault R8 Gordini rally car than was mfct with matt black bonnet. Rally prep'd models came that way, no real explanation. Esp in msports as you should not have any on coming traffic.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Making KE oldskool Mon, 08 November 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does it have anything to do with heat dissipation???
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Thu, 11 November 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
either that or they had rice back then Laughing No No No
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Thu, 11 November 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 'bonnet' of a P-51 Mustang is painted black, if the rest of the paint is silver Wink
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Thu, 11 November 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh so rice was invented by those good ol' american boys.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Making KE oldskool Thu, 11 November 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spirokeet wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 22:46

Weren't bonnets originally painted matte black to cut out glare/reflections. Like on ambulences.

matte black bonnet is to reduce the glare from sun reflecting off the bonnet when you are driving toward the sun.

it's only these fooly sik dorifto wannbe's that think it;s cool because it's black...

EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: Making KE oldskool Sat, 13 November 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i could afford it I would dip an entire car in chrome. Razz
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Sat, 13 November 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh go original mate, whitewalls blinds up the back drop it and keep everything else as mint and original as possible...black bonets that arent carbon fibre are up there with the gheyest rice mods around...oh my god my car is now fully off the hook sikk now with my blak bonet adding 50rwkw wulla wulla Rolling Eyes
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Sat, 13 November 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry i have to chuck in my 2 cents...

Ok you all have your own opinions of black bonnets. Rice or glare reduction or whatever, they are the choice of the person that drives that car everyday. But the main factor is, most people put a black bonnet on, not for the rice factor so that it looks "cool" to other people... but because they like the look of it themselves and they feel good getting into their car every morning because THEY like the look of it.

I know there are different people out there who like the attention and do it for the rice factor, but there are people that like it themselves and don't give a fuck what other people think. So cut them some fucking slack please?

Lecture over, you are dismissed.

Kev.

OMG I can't believe I just wrote that, i must be pissed... I can't even tell if it makes sense cause I really can't be fucked reading it... it's just too long!! hahahah Razz
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Making KE oldskool Sat, 13 November 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Listen, do what u want, dont give a FUCK about anyone else, peace and have a happy life u cunts
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Sat, 13 November 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i pissed one person off... Confused
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Sat, 13 November 2004 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phrostbyte wrote on Sat, 13 November 2004 22:46

I'm sorry i have to chuck in my 2 cents...

Ok you all have your own opinions of black bonnets. Rice or glare reduction or whatever, they are the choice of the person that drives that car everyday. But the main factor is, most people put a black bonnet on, not for the rice factor so that it looks "cool" to other people... but because they like the look of it themselves and they feel good getting into their car every morning because THEY like the look of it.

I know there are different people out there who like the attention and do it for the rice factor, but there are people that like it themselves and don't give a fuck what other people think. So cut them some fucking slack please?

Lecture over, you are dismissed.

Kev.

OMG I can't believe I just wrote that, i must be pissed... I can't even tell if it makes sense cause I really can't be fucked reading it... it's just too long!! hahahah Razz

i think someone might have a ricey black bonet on their car Razz
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Sun, 14 November 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahahhaahahahahhah Laughing , actually no, but yes it has crossed my mind before Rolling Eyes
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: Making KE oldskool Tue, 16 November 2004 10:57 Go to previous message
2005 and some KE30's could get vintage club rego... Shocked
(30 year old +)

shit time flies . . . . . !
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Question aabout rolla sx's
Next Topic:KE20 on e-bay