Toymods » General Car Talk » No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 09:32 Go to next message
Was this the case for most of you Sydney-siders yesterday and maybe Saturday ?

I passed 6 servos before I manaved to get some hi-octane petrol ... fark @ 115c per litre GODDAM !!!

<pissedoff>
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i go past 4 BP's on my way to work

all with ultimate

so nah i dont have that issue
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh it sucks...apparently optimax is guaranteed to not be more than 10c/litre than regular unleaded, so far it's been the case. Was $1.15 the other day when regular unleaded was about $1.10/litre Shocked
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch

i got some ultimate 97 point something c/l earlier this week

go QLD
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't even bother asking.. down here in old tasmaniawe only jsut got LRP! na hi-octane is about $1.18
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont know price in melbourne
but im sure its gay
Razz

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[Updated on: Sun, 14 November 2004 10:29]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Sun, 14 November 2004 21:20

Apparently some ESSO factory exploded early last week or something

=/

HUH !??!?!?!?! Nope
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol ok, ignore that It was the late news and I only caught half the story.. Was some payout to workers last week of an explosion ages ago or something
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Choony_AE86 wrote on Sun, 14 November 2004 21:16

but im sure its gay
Razz

I paid $1.20 a litre for Optimax and that was bad enough when it was empty to full... At the time I was only getting 100kms to the full tank (5M-E). Not now Razz ... May be 250kms Rolling Eyes

Cheers.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Sun, 14 November 2004 21:30

Choony_AE86 wrote on Sun, 14 November 2004 21:16

but im sure its gay
Razz

I paid $1.20 a litre for Optimax and that was bad enough when it was empty to full... At the time I was only getting 100kms to the full tank (5M-E). Not now Razz ... May be 250kms Rolling Eyes

Cheers.

Yes, gay to the max. Gotta drive religiously like a grandma. Even overtaking u gotta do the grandma shortshift and not let the turbos spool. Ahhh... the life of a uni student. Save up for ages to do a conversion; do it... then spend the rest of ur days trying to save on petrol.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

yeah I just put $57 bucks in my car yesterday ($1.15 Synergy 8000).. it is the most I have ever put in my car I think.. price wise

I was sick of having my fuel light on for about 4 weeks and I went the big spend.. damm it hurt
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[/quote]
I paid $1.20 a litre for Optimax and that was bad enough when it was empty to full... At the time I was only getting 100kms to the full tank (5M-E). Not now Razz ... May be 250kms Rolling Eyes [/quote]

Cheers.[/quote]
why only 100k's

[Updated on: Sun, 14 November 2004 11:46]

ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just changed to a spare ECU and AFM (Thanks JAZE), and the engine isn't burning as much as it was...

Cheers.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
weve been paying 1.10-1.15 for regular here in newcatsle for weeks, most ive payed for premium was 1.26, *erk* glad i dont drive a pushrod fuel guzzler
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Sun, 14 November 2004 21:51

Yes, gay to the max. Gotta drive religiously like a grandma. Even overtaking u gotta do the grandma shortshift and not let the turbos spool. Ahhh... the life of a uni student. Save up for ages to do a conversion; do it... then spend the rest of ur days trying to save on petrol.

I drive slow anyway and yet it still drinks like a fish...

But Hey! It beats walking 100kms.

Cheers.
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think fish drink much.. but i may be wrong Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 14 November 2004 12:48]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unleaded $1.01 at safeway Shocked (melb)
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I filled up the Supra on Ultimate yesterday, and the MR2 today. 99cpl + 8cpl please-dont-give-me-shit-petrol tax. Total of nearly 100L. *ouches*

At least I won't need to fill up again for a month or two. Smile
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ever since I got my car back on the road it's been 100% of the time on 98-RON fuel, which really hurts the pocket. The way I work it now is I put in about $40 per fill and it usually gives me about 2/3rd's of a tank. Because the ECU is still running on limp-mode (missing sensors and some other shit that the standard GT-Four uses but a RAV4 doesn't), peak hour traffic really bites down hard, especially when you travel 35km each way to and from work. Rolling Eyes
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car seems to run better on premium 95 ron compared to ultimate 98 ron after cam conversion.

Maybe i save $$ by doing cams Very Happy Very Happy
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Filled up this morning and it's the first time I've not been able to get Premium Unleaded fuel at any major servo. Shocked Dropped into a Shell on the way to work, all the "Out Of Service" bullshit signs were out on the Optimax pumps, some even on the standard unleaded pumps too. Had no choice but to grab unleaded (what's shell unleaded octane value?) and dumped in a bottle of octane booster instead. No adverse effects so far, maybe further into the tank....
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just organise yourselves ppl's, in Sydney you buy petrol on a monday or tuesday is always like ten cents less than the rest of the week. Last time I filled up I got ULTIMATE FOR 111.9, on a sunday on friday unleaded was more than this. The servos often drop prices on sunday's now but generally the moday and tuesday are the cheapest
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Sun, 14 November 2004 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was in need of fuel on Saturday Night driving fron Windsor there is a shell on Windsor rd out near Windsor that was out of Optimax, Shell at Baulkam Hills, Castle Hill, The Shell Near the Maccas on Windsor rd Baulko, The Big Shell at Northmead and the Shell on Kissing point rd all out of Optimax.

I ended up getting to a Mobil that had 8000 and filled up. $89 later the tank was full. 76 litres of fuel in a tank that is supposed to be 72 litres. Me thinks I wouldn't get to the next servo down the road. Sad
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually the best time to fill up is on Wednesday evening because the tankers come through on Wednesday night and the price skyrockets between 10 and 15c/L when they leave. Shocked

Victoria's petrol/price trend seems to be reversed to this. Apparently the tankers fill up the servo's on the same night and the price drops on Thursday. Confused
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno about sydney, but in melbourne optimax is 8.5 cents more expensive, bp ulimate is about 9 and mobil is about 10
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Time to buy an echo that runs 6.x litres per 100 kms !!
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or a Prius hybrid. Rolling Eyes
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RAV-GT4 wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 11:25

Actually the best time to fill up is on Wednesday evening because the tankers come through on Wednesday night and the price skyrockets between 10 and 15c/L when they leave.

I don't know where you pulled this info from, but it's hardly the truth. If petrol stations only filled up on Wednesdays, there would be no petrol from Fri-Tues (most places only have the capacity to store a few days worth of fuel).
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm, I've gotten this info from a number of different servo's who all tell remarkably the same tale. Prices in Sydney always jump on Wednesday nights, and sometimes on the weekends too.

If it's hardly the truth then all petrol stations are full of shit. Confused
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm... never heard of it once, and my parents owned a servo for 30 years, of which I worked there for almost 10. We had deliveries twice a week, more during busy periods like Christmas.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 November 2004 04:23]

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well then, can someone please enlighten me as to why the fuel prices *constantly* magically jump up on Wednesday night/Thursday morning? Rolling Eyes
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It coincides with payday for a large slab of the population. That's the explanation I was given anyway.
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one of the reasons told to me during a induction program for a certain petrol company was that people tend to get paid at the end of the week and spend like hell thursday friday and saterday but by the time monday rolls around they have little money left over
so in order to try and coax some more money out of the public they drop the price by a few cents to make them continue spending
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prices do seem to be higher on thursday than on Sunday through Tuesday... I always assumed it was because more people bought petrol on thursday (payday)
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair call, but that's old thinking now. Not everyone's on a weekly pay packet anymore, most companies prefering to either pay fortnightly or (more popularly) monthly, which means they get paid any day (usually in the middle of the month) and that could be ANY day of the week.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes an no. More often what I've seen is companies that pay fortnightly will pay on say every second Wednesday, and the money usually comes through late Wednesday afternoon or early Thursday morning.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
munki wrote on Sun, 14 November 2004 19:58

ouch

i got some ultimate 97 point something c/l earlier this week

go QLD

where was that?
cheapest i've seen it recently was at BP nerang and ultimate was about 99c\l
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: No Optimax, no BP Ultimate and no Mobil 8000 Mon, 15 November 2004 14:59 Go to previous message
ok optimax is always 8.7 cents more per litre than reg ULP.
I know I work at Shell. Im pretty sure its the same at BP aswell.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Car Hacks & Mods For Dummies
Next Topic:4agze 1/4 mile?????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 17:50:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010718107223511 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.