Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » SEAT Ibiza Cupra ($20,000 spent on modded 2.0 16v engine)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
FormulaTwo
Newcomer

November 2004
SEAT Ibiza Cupra ($20,000 spent on modded 2.0 16v engine) Mon, 15 November 2004 08:36 Go to next message
Hi,

I advertised this a while back, but couldn't bring myself to sell it. It's now officially for sale as I've just bought a VW Golf Mk5 2.0 TDi

ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S FASTEST NORMALLY ASPIRATED FWD'S. Nothing to spend, yet PLENTY more power potential if you feel the need. These cars were F2 world rally champions two years running, handle stop and go brilliantly

STOCK 0-100, low 7sec bracket

Plenty more pics available to genuine buyer. Will sell to good home only!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/H8SV8S/Angle2Engine.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/H8SV8S/000_0158.jpg

-Immaculate Condition
-80,000km

- PRICE IS $$$ 20,000 $$$ (ENGINE ALONE IS WORTH THIS MUCH)

- 2.0 16v VW Motorsport "ABF" engine
- Custom EFI Hardware DCOE 45mm QUAD THROTTLE BODIES
- Custom heat shield and breather setup
- Kent 278 cams w/ 11.04mm lift
- Kent Vernier Pulley
- VW Motorsport Hydraulic Grp N lifters
- AEM Wolf3D Computer tuned by Autocraft
- Turn2USA Poly engine mounts
- Custom 2.5" Exhaust
- Ford XR6T Injectors
- etc etc etc

- Bilstein/H&R HA Coilover suspension
- Whiteline 22mm rear swaybar
- H&R 22mm Front swaybar
- Sparco and Wiechers strut braces
- VW G60 280mm brakes
- Ferrodo pads

- ph: (03) 6247 1076
- mob: 0407 926 151
- email: sfrench0@postoffice.utas.edu.au

GENUINE ENQUIRES ONLY PLEASE. Can organise air ticket for mainlander or bring car to mainland for inspection at my expense
  Send a private message to this user  
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: SEAT Ibiza Cupra ($20,000 spent on modded 2.0 16v engine) Mon, 15 November 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice Shocked
tried carsales.com.au?

bump
FormulaTwo
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: SEAT Ibiza Cupra ($20,000 spent on modded 2.0 16v engine) Mon, 15 November 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate Very Happy Putting it on carsales tomorrow when I can be bothered wading through all the BS to list an ad.
LEVIN GTV
Regular

October 2004
Re: SEAT Ibiza Cupra ($20,000 spent on modded 2.0 16v engine) Mon, 15 November 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you win this car off the price is right a few years back?

Nah just kidding mate, car looks awsome. Dont get to see many modified seats in Australia either.

Best of luck with the sale.
FormulaTwo
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: SEAT Ibiza Cupra ($20,000 spent on modded 2.0 16v engine) Mon, 15 November 2004 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL!! Too right, there's not many around, but luckily there's tonnes of tuning parts available for VW/SEATs in Europe and the US so building the car has been easy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SEAT Ibiza Cupra ($20,000 spent on modded 2.0 16v engine) Tue, 16 November 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car I would love one but don't have cash atm I've seen some of these for less than 10 thousand though. The Cupra Sport had 110kw stock and did low 8's not 7's when stock so how much power is it putting out now.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 November 2004 05:31]

FormulaTwo
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: SEAT Ibiza Cupra ($20,000 spent on modded 2.0 16v engine) Tue, 16 November 2004 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Under $10k is the GTI 8v (engine codes ADY and AGG, power 85kW and torque 166nm). There are only 11 registered 16v Cupras in Australia.

Factory quoted 0-100km/h on the Cupra is 7.9 secs. 7.1 - 7.4 is much more like it as the stock figure is with a passenger and 30kg of luggage.

Most VW engines loosen up and make much more than the stock figures. The ABF engine often produces 170 crank hp and the ADY series about 130.

**CAR IS NOW SOLD TOO**

[Updated on: Tue, 16 November 2004 20:59]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SEAT Ibiza Cupra ($20,000 spent on modded 2.0 16v engine) Wed, 17 November 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i have looked into these cars at some stages i'm not a moron. And I have seen a cupra for under 10K it has fairly high mileage on it though. It was defently advertised as the 16V unless the owner was a moron. As for the performance claims factory figures are achieved on ideal surfaces by the ppl who designed the car thus i stand by Motor magazine and will accept their figures for a stock car running low 8secs, these figures were recorded both in aus and when the car was first tested in europe. The car weigh 1100kg and porduces 110kw stock giving it a power to weight ratio of 10. A renault cliuo sport weighs 1035kg and produces 124kw stock and dopes 0-100 in around 7.7. This car has a power to weight ratio of 8.34 much better than the Cupra thus i can't see your claims of either the manufacturer or loosening up being true.
I know your car is heavily modded thus would be heaps faster but I call bs on the stock figures you claim
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: SEAT Ibiza Cupra ($20,000 spent on modded 2.0 16v engine) Wed, 17 November 2004 04:03 Go to previous message
Quote:

As for the performance claims factory figures are achieved on ideal surfaces by the ppl who designed the car thus i stand by Motor magazine and will accept their figures for a stock car running low 8secs, these figures were recorded both in aus and when the car was first tested in europe.

I think you'll find that the performance figures quoted by Motor and the manufacturers are never the same. As the seller stated the magazines in Australia do their testing with a half full tank of fuel and a passenger on board, manufacturers do their testing one up in ideal conditions.

But what am I doing replying here? This is a for sale not a discussion thread.

The car is sold so the thread will be locked to stop discussion in the for sale forums.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:TURBO CELICA -rwc,rego,mod plate-MUST SELL
Next Topic:WANTED: Hilux 4x4
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 4 07:46:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061228275299072 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.