Toymods » Members Rides » 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Mon, 15 November 2004 23:51 Go to next message
Hi all, this is my First Ride... That i'm taking home tonight Smile

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslm8w0/White Lightning/White Lightning 1.JPG

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslm8w0/White Lightning/White Lightning 2.JPG

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslm8w0/White Lightning/White Lightning 3.JPG

Few things to be done though, these are the problems:

Passenger's window is not working properly
Central Locking is not working, but works with remote
Rust on the sunroof

and a few other things which i'll touch up on later. For now, i just wanna drive Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Tue, 16 November 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wicked ride man! is that the SSV body kit?
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Wed, 17 November 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man thats a heaps cool celica, lot of white celicas around, making our's more common!!, how much did you buy it for?
Jt_162
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Wed, 17 November 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice indeed! good to see there isnt a huge cannon comming out the back. Dunno about the black wheels though, if they were white also i reckon it would look shit hot!

my sunroof also has rust Sad
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Wed, 17 November 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to see you finally got it Chopin. your kit is exactly the same as mine, mine had the same front bar but was unsalvagable Sad ,your kit doesnt have the door panels though, lookin good my friend. and yes it is the SSV kit. Very Happy AWESOME Very Happy

the warriormobile

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v293/warrior007/DSC017101.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2004 11:36]

Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Wed, 17 November 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damm Thats a sexy celica... I wish my one was like that oh well
Razz nice ride man Smile
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Thu, 18 November 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for all the nice comments!, lets get together for a cruize so u can see it in real life! its pretty kool

mate, this car cost be 6 1/2K, at first i thought i'd be looking at a lemon cause of that price. But it turned out to be a real bargin! There are stuff i'm planned on doing!

those wheels must go! i'm in for a set of 15" or 16" White rims :D:D:D:D:D

I fixed the central locking, was a shitty connection! now i gotta fix the power windwos on passenger side, and lastly i need to get myself a new Sunroof soon, as this one is getting rooted by rust.

I thought about mods, but dont know what to do, its got these:

3SGE from a SW20
Extractors
Exhaust
Pod Air Filtre

So maybe i'll make a Cold Air inlet or something, def making a heat shield this weekend Smile

Anyone know where i can get some air conditioning hoses? not for the car, but for aircon units at home. Good way to make some Cold Air inlet i think.

Karl, those side skits are custom made i believe, not standard SSV ones... i guess they look alright, till you look at them up close and you will say, omg, the job isnt done nicely lol

CK
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Thu, 18 November 2004 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW Karl, you know anyone who might make or sell the rear wing? i kinda really really like it Very Happy
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Thu, 18 November 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 11:46

Thanks for all the nice comments!, lets get together for a cruize so u can see it in real life! its pretty kool

mate, this car cost be 6 1/2K, at first i thought i'd be looking at a lemon cause of that price. But it turned out to be a real bargin! There are stuff i'm planned on doing!

those wheels must go! i'm in for a set of 15" or 16" White rims :D:D:D:D:D

I fixed the central locking, was a shitty connection! now i gotta fix the power windwos on passenger side, and lastly i need to get myself a new Sunroof soon, as this one is getting rooted by rust.

I thought about mods, but dont know what to do, its got these:

3SGE from a SW20
Extractors
Exhaust

Pod Air Filtre

So maybe i'll make a Cold Air inlet or something, def making a heat shield this weekend Smile

Anyone know where i can get some air conditioning hoses? not for the car, but for aircon units at home. Good way to make some Cold Air inlet i think.

Karl, those side skits are custom made i believe, not standard SSV ones... i guess they look alright, till you look at them up close and you will say, omg, the job isnt done nicely lol

CK

Yes let set up a criuse... Id be der 100 percent

[Updated on: Thu, 18 November 2004 02:01]

warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Thu, 18 November 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CK. I have no idea where that wing is from as it was already on the car when I bought it.

count me out on the cruise Sad as my car still isnt quite finished yet and probably wont be for quite some time. too busy..doh. the side skirts and rear skirts are exactly the same dude. we will compare one day. Smile . Ihave to agree with u changing the rims though , just beware if you get smaller rims ur car will probably get lower and be vulnerable to scraping you may have to lift it to get some clearance.

Karl
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Thu, 18 November 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a thought CK...have u thought about powder coating the rims on it to white.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Thu, 18 November 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate, i thought of other alternatives... but when i come to think bout replacing the rubbers, ...lol 17"... its gonna cost me more than an arm and a leg for 2 .... and you can guess how much i'll need for 4.

i rekon 16s with a higher profile tyre
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Thu, 18 November 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a note about your power windows, i had them in my old 162 and i noticed that every now and then the passenger one wouldn't go down when trying to do it from the drivers side and you could hear it trying to. ended up just being that the swith on the passenger side was stuck. felt pretty stupid when i found out what it was. Laughing
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Thu, 18 November 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm interesting about that power windows thing
thats just started doing that to me in like the last week or so.

would anyone know where you could pickup the ssv kit from and how much?

btw alliance. it may be cheaper to get 15" or 16" rims

but they dont look anywhere near as nice as 17"

[Updated on: Thu, 18 November 2004 09:20]

warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Thu, 18 November 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djcouger go to website ssv.com.au or www.fibresports.com.au maybe we can setup a cruise some time dj Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Thu, 18 November 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car isn't registered. it just ran out Sad and I don't have money for about 5 days hehehe

I am feeling the pain!
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Thu, 18 November 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks karl, cant wont be ready for a real cruise anytime soon

the pictures on ssv site gives the bodykit no credit at all!
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Thu, 18 November 2004 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the pictures used on the SSV site are shit...doesnt encourage anyone to buy it. dont worry mate my car wont be ready for at least 6 months . too bzy working.

Rob what happened with the court case and if you are in need of a loan to get your car on the road let me know mate ill help ya out.

Karl
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Thu, 18 November 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Rob what happened with the court case and if you are in need of a loan to get your car on the road let me know mate ill help ya out.

Same here, how much does it cost bro? i've got it all ready for useage! Very Happy

BTW, OMGosh, i still need to get my transfer of ownership crappy thingy done by saturday too... OMGosh and my insurance!!!

Now .... i keep forgetting that i'm driving without insurance ... dammit!

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Fri, 19 November 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

yeah Karl the court case got dismissed! FREE LIKE A BIRD! w00t! Very Happy so stoked, and relieved! thanks guys

um, guys you all are too kind I am short aobut 300bux, but it can wait till next week I guess, tho' was kinda wanting to cruise this weekend.. ah well...
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Fri, 19 November 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob give me a call, i'll lend u 300. prolly roll over to your place on sat?
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Fri, 19 November 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG they took away my letter of APOLOGY!! Shocked

SHAT, i thinnk they will tow my car away soon!!! Mad

Why cant they friggin give me a parking spot at work ??!?!??!?

Mad

i better run down and check guys... !! Confused Crying or Very Sad
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Fri, 19 November 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol not a smart move to park in someone's spot

usually if they got there own parking spot, they are fairly high ranked and get really annoyed very quickly
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Fri, 19 November 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very true, but im high ranked Laughing on the IT Support side lolololloolloolololllo

nah its still there, theres a jeep parked in front of me, and everytime i go down there i get a shock cause i cant see my car clearly and my face is like this: Shocked then it becomes: Rolling Eyes

Very Happy
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Fri, 19 November 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 12:47

Very true, but im high ranked Laughing on the IT Support side lolololloolloolololllo

nah its still there, theres a jeep parked in front of me, and everytime i go down there i get a shock cause i cant see my car clearly and my face is like this: Shocked then it becomes: Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

lol no such thing as high ranked IT support
trust me, we are the lowest of low scum! Very Happy Razz
but we have fun
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Fri, 19 November 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

we are the lowest of low scum

U DO IT SUPPORT TOOOO???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1989 Toyota Celica White-Lightning Fri, 19 November 2004 07:07 Go to previous message
alliance_22 wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 15:56

Quote:

we are the lowest of low scum

U DO IT SUPPORT TOOOO???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

yea basicly
i repair toshiba laptops all day long aswell as provide wireless solutions, and other shit over the phone to moronic customers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My Gold AE86
Next Topic:My Rotary Ke11
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 07:58:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005579948425293 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.